Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179627Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd July 2014, 08:01 PM
Cult Acolyte

REPTILICUS (1961 U.S Version)

The tail of a reptile is found buried in the earth. The tail soon grows into a full giant reptile. With super hard scales and green fire breath, the beast trashes everything in sight. The army is warned not to blow the beast up as each part would then become a Reptilicus as well ......

Bad acting, bad effects. Awesome !!! This is so much fun. The creature looks to be wire puppet and sprays green goo (added for the US cut) that looks to be scratched on the print. The unfortunate man who ends up as lunch for Reptilicus, looks to be a paper cut out. A Danish/US Production, there are two versions of this film, each with different scenes. Check it out. You need some Reptilicus in your life!
Old 2nd July 2014, 09:20 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

ROBOCOP. The original one. I watched this as the boy MTDS was slightly disappointed at the lack of action in the remake, so I thought I'd give this a spin to see if it was suitable for him in my opinion...however I didn't notice him and the girl MTDS were sitting on the stairs, having gotten out of bed, and were watching the bloody thing anyway! The boy's not a fan of gore so hid his eyes a few times...I've had him DNA tested and he's mine so that must come from the ex Mrs MTDS side. However the girl MTDS pissed herself laughing as Murphy was blown to shit before becoming Robocop. I'm not sure whether to be very proud or worried...
Old 3rd July 2014, 01:51 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Incident At Loch Ness (Zak Penn, 2004)

Easily the best "FF film" I've seen in ages. Werner Herzog sets off tae bonnie Scotland in search of Nessie and her "believers". I laughed a lot. Recommended!!!
keirarts likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 3rd July 2014, 02:55 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Bloodstained shadow another film i couldnt get into and got bored easily . I turned it off half way through.
Old 3rd July 2014, 02:56 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

I could be wrong, but I don't think gialli are for you, gag.
Old 3rd July 2014, 06:26 PM
Cult Rookie

Saw Sleepaway camp and was pleasantly surprised, I liked the interactions between all the characters and the FX were very well done considering it's low budget. The film itself reminded me very much of society (you all should check that one out too!). The batshit crazy ending will leave your mouths hanging open! RECOMMENDED!
Old 3rd July 2014, 11:03 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynel View Post
Saw Sleepaway camp and was pleasantly surprised, I liked the interactions between all the characters and the FX were very well done considering it's low budget. The film itself reminded me very much of society (you all should check that one out too!). The batshit crazy ending will leave your mouths hanging open! RECOMMENDED!
You think us people never seen society. thats essential viewing man.

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.
Old 3rd July 2014, 11:05 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosferatu42 View Post
Yeah, and we've all been waiting for Second Sight to release their Blu Ray for years too!
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 3rd July 2014, 11:20 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Yeah, and we've all been waiting for Second Sight to release their Blu Ray for years too!
That cover was awesome, they've been awfully vague about it ever since
Old 4th July 2014, 06:59 AM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosferatu42 View Post
Lol yeah you're right, it should be mandatory for everyone visiting this forum btw. Really an underappreciated gem. But as I was pointing out I saw a lot of similarities between the two. It begins at the ending, some characters are batshit crazy, and the ending is just simply the best and throws every convention out the window.
nosferatu42 likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!