Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree179473Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st September 2014, 12:31 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Decided to give Dario Argento's Dracula 3D another shot last night, to see if my feelings have changed since my initial viewing. That would be a big fat no! Utter garbage, the usually great Rutger Hauer is pretty bad as Abraham Van What the Hell(sing) was I thinking, the least said about Asia Argento the better and even the score from one of my favourite composers (Claudio Simonetti) is rubbish and amateurish, major disappointment on all counts!
So, combined with my first viewing of it and the single time I've viewed the Card Player, I reckon the (once) mighty Signore Argento owes me 323 minutes of my life!!
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 1st September 2014, 12:37 PM
Cult Addict

Not seen Giallo then? Add on some extra time with that one too.
Oh yeah and of course Phantom of the opera.
Rik and keirarts like this.

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.
Old 1st September 2014, 12:40 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosferatu42 View Post
Not seen Giallo then? Add on some extra time with that one too.
Oh yeah and of course Phantom of the opera.
I've not seen Giallo yet, and it's been that long since I watched Phantom of the opera, I can't remember my thoughts on it.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 1st September 2014, 12:43 PM
Cult Addict

Count yourself lucky.
Rik likes this.

Old 1st September 2014, 12:44 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Decided to give Dario Argento's Dracula 3D another shot last night, to see if my feelings have changed since my initial viewing. That would be a big fat no! Utter garbage, the usually great Rutger Hauer is pretty bad as Abraham Van What the Hell(sing) was I thinking, the least said about Asia Argento the better and even the score from one of my favourite composers (Claudio Simonetti) is rubbish and amateurish, major disappointment on all counts!
So, combined with my first viewing of it and the single time I've viewed the Card Player, I reckon the (once) mighty Signore Argento owes me 323 minutes of my life!!
It's depressing to see how such a great talent as fallen
Rik likes this.
Old 1st September 2014, 12:44 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
It's depressing to see how such a great talent as fallen
Yeah, time to retire now
trebor8273 likes this.
Old 1st September 2014, 12:47 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Is it just me or does he seem to have a bit of a disturbing relationship with his daughter?
Old 1st September 2014, 01:01 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Is it just me or does he seem to have a bit of a disturbing relationship with his daughter?
He always has her naked and getting violently raped in his films, so it would be fair to say he has an unconventional attitude towards her yeah.
Old 1st September 2014, 01:23 PM
Cult Addict

Apparently Dario doesn't like a lot of actors so perhaps he just feels safer and more at ease with her seeing as she's an 'actress' ahem, she may also ask him for the roles.
Doesn't really explain why he gets her to get 'em out so much though does it.

Old 1st September 2014, 04:46 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Bog (1983)

Bog is one of those films that makes you wonder whether the film-makers were intentionally trying to make something bad for comedic effect, or whether it was just something that looked better in their minds / on paper than it did when translated to the big (or small) screen.

The overall plot concerns a blood-draining prehistoric swamp monster who is awakened one day by a hapless fisherman using dynamite to win his catch.

After the dynamite fisherman comes to an abrupt end, the rest of the film is bulked out by two couples who are sauntering through that part of the swamp, vacationing together. The four seem to have been kidnapped from an entirely different film as their mundane bantering plays out almost like a dull comedy skit without any punchlines. After the two wives fall prey to the swamp beast, the husbands join the ramshackle police investigation and do not seem to be too upset about their wives' demise, which whilst understandable from this viewer's perspective just enhances the fake, two-dimensional characters and unbelievable nature of the film even more.

Fake and tacky seems to be Bog's specialty, as when the monster is revealed out of water to be nothing more than a man with a cheap rubber suit and rag ensemble waving his arms around you can't help but stifle a laugh... However, due to the overall ineptitude of the proceedings, I'd all but given up caring by that point anyway.

Originally posted here: Nightmare USA Films Discussion Thread

Like this? Share it using the links below!