Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree179411Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31st December 2009, 05:23 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadAlive View Post
"13: Game Of Death" - Thai thriller about a man who is so desperate to get his life back on track after he appears to have lost evrything that he allows himself to be pulled into an unusual game that tests his morality, ethics and personal accountability. A set of tasks, each more disgusting or dangerous than the last are set for him which ultimately become life threatening. He only gets paid if he completes all the tasks, so greed soon takes over. Some good ideas are evident but they don't work out perfectly and poor acting certainly doesn't help matters, but this does keep you watching all the same.

The Weinstein company has picked up remake rights for the English language version. So beware!
I saw that a while back.
Its a pretty cool movie, I quite enjoyed it. Had its funny moments too.
The remake talk has been going on for a while now so hopefully it stays in limbo forever

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 31st December 2009, 05:38 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Mondo Cane 3(Stelvio Massi, 1985)

Pointless, late in the day cash in on J & P's original Mondo Cane films. In this one we are 'treated' to; Snakes being skinned alive, snakes decapitated with scissors, turtle butchery, reindeers bled to death so their blood can be drank,bullfighting, dogfighting (which looks faked) cows having a poo, indians making houses out of the poo, sex change operations, a dead aids victim having his skull cut open,dead bodies cut open to reveal hidden bags of cocaine, a brief but graphic blow job,modells, women wrestlers and kids limbs being twisted by their parents so they become street beggars, a sick sport where ducks are thrown to each other by men on horse back with the first team kill the duck wins, and in the most disgusting scene (which tops bitslicers pierced finger in the disgusting stakes) members of a japanese cult having their fingers cut off for real.

Dull, boring stuff, even the photography here is dull (no matter what your views are on J&P's mondo films they at least had good photography) the only good thing about it was the un pc narration and main theme tune.

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 31st December 2009, 05:48 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

yeah it sounds more disgusting! i have a documentary called all about dung which is all about the differant uses ppl have for poo
Old 31st December 2009, 05:51 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

What other uses are there for poo other than building houses? (or Shitty houses as the narrator calls them)

Old 31st December 2009, 05:54 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

explosives, batteries and coffee are the few that i can remember
Old 31st December 2009, 05:56 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Anyone for a cup of Nescshattay instead of nescafe?

Where did you get that doc from?

Old 31st December 2009, 06:03 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

its from a pile of odd documentary dvdr's i got hold of! ive got all kinds of weird stuff
Old 31st December 2009, 06:19 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

"Avatar" - I've got to admit that this is a pretty decent action film with some eye popping effects. The 3D is used to add tremendous depth to the strange world the story is set in. I had low expectations due to all the hype but Cameron is just fantastic at bringing this kind of film to the screen. You tend to forget when the lazy sod doesn't make a film for ten years. Well worth making the effort to see this one at the cinema in 3D. It's not perfect with weak and under developed characters and quite a few clichés, and also it does come across a bit like a sci-fi version of "Dances With Wolves", but the final 40 minutes are superb and raise this above average.

My style? .........You could call it the art of fighting without fighting!
Old 1st January 2010, 07:55 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

to start the new year i watched

Old 1st January 2010, 08:41 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

The forest
book of love

Like this? Share it using the links below!