LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st December 2014, 11:31 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Crank 2: High Voltage (2009)

Just f**kin' mental.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 14500.jpg (73.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 22nd December 2014, 06:36 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Dutch Zombie film 'Kill Zombie' ,
Toxic Zombies
ZFE 3
Old 22nd December 2014, 06:43 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Formula for a Murder (1985)

Outstanding Italian thriller with more than the odd nod to Hitchcock.

The films plot about a man marrying a traumatized wheelchair bound woman then plotting her murder so he can get his hands on her money isn't particularly original but the direction and performances make this an extremely gripping and suspenseful tale.

David Warbeck, here fantastic in his villainous role and Christina Nagy as the crippled heiress are absolutely first rate, fighting it out in a knuckle whitening final third. Being a giallo, violence is par for the course and the blood certainly splatters in this film. We are treated to a throat slashing and Warbeck caving someone's head in in a church among others. The film also has a disturbing back story of child abuse running through it heightened by a doll with a creepy line in songs and a voice guaranteed to make you cringe.

Director Alberto De Martino paces the film superbly, building up tension from the off then never letting you go, nor does he allow your attention to wander. This release from Shameless was an unknown quantity to me, but after just one viewing i would comfortably place it in my top ten gialli list.

Highly recommended.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 8517 HYDEN PARK LA CASA MALEDETTA.jpg (9.5 KB, 1 views)
Old 22nd December 2014, 07:03 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Planet of the vampires

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419277837.481695.jpg

Amazing atmospheric and chilling sci fi chiller from the legendary Mario Bava. Under anyone else direction I could of seen it as just another sci fi b movie, but Bava's masterful direction gives us a truly unique and atmospheric film which has influenced many movies and TV shows including alien. The scene with the "corpses" rising from the ground wrapped in plastic a chilling highlight as are he wonderful sets. Real shame that Bava didn't do any more sci fi 10/10

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419278447.363792.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1419278452.324964.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419278461.686646.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1419278468.968317.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419278479.463370.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1419278487.850432.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419278496.716841.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1419278504.017648.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419278512.483445.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1419278535.237191.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1419278544.403394.jpg

Next up silent night deadly night 2. Which will be the first time I have seen it
Old 22nd December 2014, 07:44 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Formula for a Murder (1985)

Outstanding Italian thriller with more than the odd nod to Hitchcock.

The films plot about a man marrying a traumatized wheelchair bound woman then plotting her murder so he can get his hands on her money isn't particularly original but the direction and performances make this an extremely gripping and suspenseful tale.

David Warbeck, here fantastic in his villainous role and Christina Nagy as the crippled heiress are absolutely first rate, fighting it out in a knuckle whitening final third. Being a giallo, violence is par for the course and the blood certainly splatters in this film. We are treated to a throat slashing and Warbeck caving someone's head in in a church among others. The film also has a disturbing back story of child abuse running through it heightened by a doll with a creepy line in songs and a voice guaranteed to make you cringe.

Director Alberto De Martino paces the film superbly, building up tension from the off then never letting you go, nor does he allow your attention to wander. This release from Shameless was an unknown quantity to me, but after just one viewing i would comfortably place it in my top ten gialli list.

Highly recommended.

Still not opened mine, I keep picking it up to watch, then opting for something else, might have to bump it up the list a bit
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 22nd December 2014, 07:48 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Still not opened mine, I keep picking it up to watch, then opting for something else, might have to bump it up the list a bit
I think you'll like it Rik.
Rik likes this.
Old 22nd December 2014, 08:26 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Silent night deadly night 2

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz! God it's so boring first half of the movie is spent recapping the first and then we have some more flashbacks of the younger brother childhood etc it's at this point I gave up and turned off. I hope the rest of the movies in the series are better than this. Is it me or did the actor playing the killer sound like Mark Hamill?
Old 22nd December 2014, 10:05 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Silent night deadly night 2

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz! God it's so boring first half of the movie is spent recapping the first and then we have some more flashbacks of the younger brother childhood etc it's at this point I gave up and turned off. I hope the rest of the movies in the series are better than this. Is it me or did the actor playing the killer sound like Mark Hamill?
The third one is far worse Trebor.
Old 23rd December 2014, 06:49 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Oddly watched 1,2 and 3 back to back. 2 is dreadful. 3 felt like a cheapie santa by way of patrick shit-fest.

Also watched Wolf Creek.

I'm sure most here have seen it. some are not so keen but I like it, quite a grim and bleakly depressing little film with some wonderful photography.

Wolf Creek 2.

A lot better than the first, starts off in similar territory before morphing into a gothic-western road movie. The scene in the old couples house felt lifted straight from John Ford. Much more impressive and again beautifully shot.

Wake in fright.

Shot with a sickly yellow tint, a middle class school teacher finds himself trapped in a small outback mining town after getting drawn in to a local gambling game. Penniless he ends up spending a lot of time getting as drunk as the locals, all of whom seem to live off a beer diet. He's torn between the primal allure of the macho beer and guns outback culture and the intellectual repulsion he feels as someone who dreams of something better. Really needs to be seen if you haven't seen it yet.
Old 23rd December 2014, 08:14 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:

I can't believe it's the work of Monte Hellman. Baffling.
Frankie Teardrop likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!