Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179612Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th January 2015, 06:44 AM
Cult Addict

Wrong turn 6.

After the abysmal part 5 where the series bottomed out like a junkie right before he decides on rehab, the only place for Wrong Turn 6 to go was up.
Here the quality does indeed go up. Its still trash but now it's watch able trash.Any pretext of continuity is gone. The usual group of 18-30's head up into the Appalachian's when one of them inherits an old mansion/spa resort. Naturally it turns out the cannibal mutants have some link to the place and the killings start once more.
Aside from some fairly graphic sex scenes the film is mainly punctuated by some incredibly graphic and somewhat nasty killings with plenty of gore. It also feature one of the few woman raping man scenes in recent horror that makes a refreshing change from the traditional woman as victim model that we tend to see in these kinds of horror. We also get a scene of voyeurism that would not be out of place in a Jess Franco film.
Apparently the film was recalled for featuring a real-life missing poster and the family complained. The film itself is Junk, and liable to offend. That said if you like shit like this then its better than the last one.
Old 20th January 2015, 07:31 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
And Iron Man 2 is crap, one the few instances where the completist in me doesn't feel the need to own the whole trilogy.
I'm exactly the same. As the third film picks up after The Avengers and the events in the second film aren't mentioned, don't need all three for continuity. It's one of those I might buy it was available very cheaply at That's Entertainment or CEX.
Old 20th January 2015, 12:25 PM
Cult Addict

I've seen it reasonably cheap a few times but I've left it there. Worst film of the whole Marvel franchise for me I'm afraid.
Old 20th January 2015, 02:12 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Whiplash - wow. Fantastically intense and riveting made all the more of an achievement due to the subject matter. Really needs to be seen
Old 20th January 2015, 02:45 PM
Cult Acolyte

THE INN ON THE RIVER
A scuba diver is on a killing spree in the waters in and around a sleazy bar called The Mekka. Another enjoyable Krimi movie from Edgar Wallace, this one has plenty of twists and turns before the killer is revealed.

SHOCK WAVES
Peter Cushing controls an army of experimental indestructable Nazi storm troopers, in this fondly remembered flick from the 70s. The zombies themselves are a memorable creation and there are some genuinely creepy scenes accompanied by a suitably eerie soundtrack. Blu Underground's blu ray is as good as it will probably look. I wouldn't call it a classic, but SHOCK WAVES is a movie that's hard not to like.
Old 20th January 2015, 06:42 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

The Slumber Party Massacre (1982)

Enjoyable second tier slasher horror which was written by a feminist and also directed by a woman. Clearly as a parody of the genre but filmed as a straight up slasher, thus the film is far funnier than the majority of slasher films and has a higher quota of T&A than many, as well as a healthy dollop of splatter from a killer who uses a battery operated drill to despatch his victims.

Oddly enough scream queen Brinke Stevens has a couple of scenes in this film. One of them - her stalking and subsequent death - i have seen in at least two other low budget films Brinke has featured in. Perhaps she copyrights her death scenes for future use.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Slumbermassacre.jpg (38.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 20th January 2015, 06:46 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Default What Films Have You Seen Recently?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
The Slumber Party Massacre (1982)

Enjoyable second tier slasher horror which was written by a feminist and also directed by a woman. Clearly as a parody of the genre but filmed as a straight up slasher, thus the film is far funnier than the majority of slasher films and has a higher quota of T&A than many, as well as a healthy dollop of splatter from a killer who uses a battery operated drill to despatch his victims.

Oddly enough scream queen Brinke Stevens has a couple of scenes in this film. One of them - her stalking and subsequent death - i have seen in at least two other low budget films Brinke has featured in. Perhaps she copyrights her death scenes for future use.

I'm watching the blu of this on eBay at the minute, I watched the Screaming in High Heels doc last night and this was one of the films featured, never seen it before so I think I'll get it ordered

Edit: just ordered, damn this place!!!
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 20th January 2015, 06:53 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Watched Blood On Satan's Claw last night.

It was alright and some slightly creepy moments. But it didn't compare to Witchfinder General. It felt too unfocused.

I wonder if Clive Barker saw it as Rawhead Rex does have a few similarities.
Rik, keirarts and Vipp like this.
Old 20th January 2015, 06:57 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBlayne View Post
Watched Blood On Satan's Claw last night.

It was alright and some slightly creepy moments. But it didn't compare to Witchfinder General. It felt too unfocused.

I wonder if Clive Barker saw it as Rawhead Rex does have a few similarities.

Me and my other half watched this on the Horror Channel the other night, I've seen it loads of times before but it was her first time. She enjoyed it, so I've told her we'll watch the Wicker Man next week
keirarts and Vipp like this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 20th January 2015, 07:15 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Me and my other half watched this on the Horror Channel the other night, I've seen it loads of times before but it was her first time. She enjoyed it, so I've told her we'll watch the Wicker Man next week
Oh, yeah. Nic Cage is awesome in that

I remember seeing the original (and best) on Ch4 back when I was 11. Laughed my way throughout, thinking "I thought this meant to be a horror?"

And then that ending came...

Does she know anything about the film? Will be interesting to see how a newcomer takes to the finale.
Vipp likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!