LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd January 2015, 12:13 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordicdusk View Post
Just to add yes The Lost Boys was talked about in the Near Dark doc
Hopefully in reference to how inferior it is in comparison to the masterpiece that is Near Dark!
Old 23rd January 2015, 12:21 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
Hopefully in reference to how inferior it is in comparison to the masterpiece that is Near Dark!
Not biting
Demoncrat and keirarts like this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 23rd January 2015, 01:50 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Not biting
Toothless...just like The Lost Boys.
Old 23rd January 2015, 02:01 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Toothless...just like The Lost Boys.
What have I done should of kept quite.
Old 23rd January 2015, 06:42 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

blood, boobs and beasts

documentary about director Don Dohler,his friends and fans of his work. only seen one of his movies but this has made me want to see some more of his work. 7/10

now watching troma's war only 5 minutes in and think i'm going to really enjoy it, but i do hope that blonde woman dies horribly. what a bitch!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 51mN3dAKpjL.jpg (61.7 KB, 1 views)
Old 23rd January 2015, 07:16 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Horror Express (1972)

At the turn of the last century, a professor (Christopher Lee) is transporting his cargo in the form of the prehistoric remains of a creature from China to Moscow aboard the Trans-Siberian Express.

The British-Spanish co-production encapsulates the best of both worlds. Featuring the best of British Gothic horror and the Naschy-esq madness of Spanish monster movies, Horror Express is a classy example of early seventies horror.

The films production values are excellent, the train interiors are lushly sophisticated, and featuring some tasty gory effects, not to mention the cream of classic horror performers in Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing. Two stalwarts who are almost upstaged by a memorably OTT turn from Telly Savalas as a Cossack army Captain, not to mention the marvellous, scary creature terrorizing all on board. Then there's the tense direction and some genuinely funny lines - Cushing's "Monster? We're British you know" always makes me laugh.

A superior slice of seventies horror, Eugenio Martin's film is essential viewing.
One of my favourite of horrors of all time, it's this one film that I saw late one Friday night when I was a kid that started my love of horror
Old 23rd January 2015, 08:24 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Troma's war
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422048201.974476.jpg
That was awesome the best 99p I have spent in my life. Anyone who is a fan of over the top 80s action movies needs to see this fantastic so bad it's good movie. Basic story of group of survivors who find the that the island that there plane crashed on is the base for a attack to be launched on america. Loads of gore, OTT action and bonkers characters. Will say it again it was ******* awesome. 9.5/10

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422048210.984238.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1422048217.439519.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422048225.554147.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1422048234.087686.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422048240.907877.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1422048252.752289.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422048259.224320.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1422048264.631997.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422048275.034659.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1422048280.465192.jpg
Old 23rd January 2015, 09:35 PM
Active Cultist

Not sure if this is more or less realistic than the Troma film, the premise is probably as nutty.

So its 1943 but apparently a German officer has convinced Hitler he might lose the war and not been executed on the spot (). So the Nazi high command decide to send a dozen of their officers to Turkey to set up a new Fourth Reich in the Middle East and the Allies are desperate to kill them off, but an airstrike is too risk as some might survive... there is no explanation of what a couple of German officers might do in the Middle East, where I doubt lengthy preaching about an Aryan type and German cultural superiority would go down too well.

Like all the sequels, the Dirty Dozen aspect seems shoehorned in, if the mission is as important as they give it credit for, then surely a commando team or local partisans would be more suited. The original film worked because it was a suicide mission that just required a blind massacre of Nazi officers.

On the plus side Telly Savalas is great as the group leader, even if the group itself just follows the normal clichés. There is a good shootout at the mid-point and the climax is absurdly explosive. Better than 'Next Mission' but not as enjoyable as part three.

Dirty Dozen: The Fatal Mission review - including DVD and Blu-Ray release details.
Old 23rd January 2015, 10:06 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Went out to see Punk Singer. I commented previously on this biopic of Kathleen Hannah who was instrumental in the foundation of the Grrrl Power feminist movement and the politicisation of American punk in the 1990's with her band Bikini Kill. An interesting story which provides the perfect opportunity to hear some brilliant punk music from Bikini Kill, Le Tigre and Julie Ruin. I'm still hopeful that she can win her battle with Lyme disease and get back to performing with Julie Ruin.
Old 23rd January 2015, 10:37 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by SShaw View Post
Went out to see Punk Singer. I commented previously on this biopic of Kathleen Hannah who was instrumental in the foundation of the Grrrl Power feminist movement and the politicisation of American punk in the 1990's with her band Bikini Kill. An interesting story which provides the perfect opportunity to hear some brilliant punk music from Bikini Kill, Le Tigre and Julie Ruin. I'm still hopeful that she can win her battle with Lyme disease and get back to performing with Julie Ruin.
They're touring the uk in a few months as it happens!

Like this? Share it using the links below!