Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree179473Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd March 2015, 09:31 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkmonger View Post
Re-watched two Argento classics in Tenebrae and Opera. opcorn:

Sitting down to watch good ol' Starship Troopers right now.
Man, I love Starship Troopers, I might give that a whirl myself.
Old 4th March 2015, 06:47 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by wongfeihung62 View Post
Just been to see IT FOLLOWS and really liked it. Without giving anything away. Imagine if John Carpenter teamed up with Hideo Nakata and decided to make a retro horror movie, it could be something like this.
And guess whose VUE is not screening it in order to keep 50 shades of domestic abuse on multiple screens.
Hawkmonger likes this.
Old 4th March 2015, 01:46 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Watched a right pile of tosh called Girl House. Slasher. Imo Girl Band are scarier
Frankie Teardrop likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 4th March 2015, 10:07 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

WOLFCOP. This should have been great with it's mix of guns, werewolves, biker gangs, Satanists and sex but sadly I found myself clock watching during the first half and slightly embarrassed for all involved in the second half. Still, starting the transformation scene from the penis was a stroke of genius no matter what I thought of the rest of the film.
Old 4th March 2015, 10:10 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
Still, starting the transformation scene from the penis was a stroke of genius no matter what I thought of the rest of the film.
Old 4th March 2015, 10:32 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
WOLFCOP. This should have been great with it's mix of guns, werewolves, biker gangs, Satanists and sex but sadly I found myself clock watching during the first half and slightly embarrassed for all involved in the second half. Still, starting the transformation scene from the penis was a stroke of genius no matter what I thought of the rest of the film.
Felt exactly the same way about it. Even though I don't like broad comedy-horror, I tried to give it some leeway, but in the end just couldn't make it work for me.
Old 4th March 2015, 11:08 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

The Guest (2014)

Excellent genre bending thriller about a discharged soldier who visits the family of a dead comrade.

The Guest is one of those films where every other scene you feel like you've seen it before somewhere else. It was as if the best bits had been pilfered from high school movies, 80's action hero films, plus the obvious take on Kazan's The Visitors.

Probably the most surprising thing was the way it all worked out despite the nagging feelings of deja-vu. Film after film seemed to segue into one another and it all worked brilliantly to create a tense, funny, exciting and thoroughly entertaining thrill ride. Full of likable characters and boasting a great 80's synth soundtrack too. Mercifully without a single beat from Tangerine Dream.

Highly recommended.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg The_Guest_Main_Quad.jpg (84.4 KB, 1 views)
Old 4th March 2015, 11:27 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
The Guest (2014)

Excellent genre bending thriller about a discharged soldier who visits the family of a dead comrade.

The Guest is one of those films where every other scene you feel like you've seen it before somewhere else. It was as if the best bits had been pilfered from high school movies, 80's action hero films, plus the obvious take on Kazan's The Visitors.

Probably the most surprising thing was the way it all worked out despite the nagging feelings of deja-vu. Film after film seemed to segue into one another and it all worked brilliantly to create a tense, funny, exciting and thoroughly entertaining thrill ride. Full of likable characters and boasting a great 80's synth soundtrack too. Mercifully without a single beat from Tangerine Dream.

Highly recommended.
Glad i picked this up earlier in the week roll on the weekend and i give it watch.
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 4th March 2015, 11:28 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
Glad i picked this up earlier in the week roll on the weekend and i give it watch.
I hope you like it.
Old 5th March 2015, 09:21 AM
Cult Acolyte

THE SECRET OF THE BLUE ROOM (1933)

In order to prove their bravery and maybe win the hand of a girl on her 21st birthday, three men have a challenge. Each to spend a night in the blue room of the big house. The blue room has been locked for many years as two deaths occured there and remain unexplained. Is there a ghost up there....?

Old dark house mystery from Universal that maybe some have never even heard of. Clocking in at just over an hour, this is an atmospheric and fun murder mystery.

Like this? Share it using the links below!