LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th March 2015, 11:09 AM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Deliver us from evil.
Is that the one starring Lene Nystrom, Gag?

Quite fancy watching that.
Old 30th March 2015, 11:29 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Devils Playground (2010, Mark McQueen). A Danny Dyer film was it?? sorry, but when you spend most of your screen time crying whilst Craig Fairbrass runs around doing all the work etc......

Lust For A Vampire (1971, Jimmy Sangster).
Dear Cthulhu, Yutte Stensgaard is wooden. Unbalancing the whole film Imho.

The Curse Of Frankenstein (1972, JF).
Watched this without subtitles in preparation for....

Le Mirior Obscene (1973, JF). (French Artus dvd).
Easily the most Franco of his films that I've seen yet, as a "jazz" pianist has strange visions which lead her to kill her beaus. A rather sedate blend of Succubus and Eugenie de Sade imo. Emma Cohen cute etc. Am looking forward to the Spanish print "Al Otro Del Espejo" next!!

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 30th March 2015, 12:09 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkmonger View Post
Scanners (1980, dir. David Cronenberg): One of the many movies that raises Cronenberg as among my favorite directors. Though I first time around found the general lack of explosive heads misleading, I've grown to appreciate the need for that insane first act and then keeping it low key until the utterly delightfully gross last few moments. Wooden performances throughout from cast members Jennifer O'Neill, Steve Lack, and Patrick McGoohan are bearable thanks to the greasy yet fun to watch Braeden Keller as a corrupt CEO and Michael Ironside being.....Michael Ironside. Dude's ****ing messed up. But it was never the acting in Cronenbergs movies that interested me, more the high concept sci-fi and outlandish gore effects granting them more merit than if they had been handled by anyone else.

Not a movie for everyone but a movie many should give a try. Which is more than can be said for...

The Deadly Spawn (1983 dir. Douglas McKeown): ...Is one of the schlock masterpieces of drive in cinema. Definitely not a film for everyone but damn fun if you want a laugh at ATROCIOUS acting contrasted against superb effects. No, really, this movie was produced on a humble $25,000 and yet the effects for the aliens and indeed for the gore are insane for a movie on that budget. Who would have thought we would live to see the day that movie's like this would be on terrestrial TV again*! Thank you Horror Channel!

*Yeah I own the DVD but, different experience ain't it.
Missed this (as well as Haxan on Film4!! ). love the tea party hahaha ahem.
Vipp likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 30th March 2015, 12:24 PM
Active Cultist

Send a message via Skype™ to Invid Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
Just took my lad to the cinema to watch Home.
Dreamworks Animations latest. An alien race called the Boov have invaded and colonised the Earth and densely relocated humans into uninhabited parts of the planet. One Boov called 'O' befriends a young orphaned girl and sets out to help her find her relocated mother.
Really fun little film with some original sci fi ideas i liked. Very funny in places too.
How does it compare to The Exorcist you ask?? Loads better!
What's with you and The Exorcist? XD

Cold Iron (R.O.T.O.R, 1987)
Old 30th March 2015, 12:28 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invid Ninja View Post
What's with you and The Exorcist? XD
He's trying to make Nos snap and go on a killing spree.
Demoncrat, Vipp, J Harker and 1 others like this.
Old 30th March 2015, 12:34 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
He's trying to make Nos snap and go on a killing spree.
It's not going to work. When he compares Home to The Exorcist, I don't know if such a comparison can be drawn – I'm much more interested in how Home compares to the other recent DreamWorks, Sony Animations or Pixar movies.
keirarts and J Harker like this.
Old 30th March 2015, 12:41 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
It's not going to work. When he compares Home to The Exorcist, I don't know if such a comparison can be drawn – I'm much more interested in how Home compares to the other recent DreamWorks, Sony Animations or Pixar movies.

Saw it on Saturday, great film up there with some of the best animated films

Not as good as The Exorcist though
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 30th March 2015, 12:42 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Keeping a joke running over a day seems about right, two at most.

Any longer than that and people forget the original joke and you look a tool for comparing something with one of the most famous and critically loved horrors of all time.
Old 30th March 2015, 01:20 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

There was a joke...?

Old 30th March 2015, 01:52 PM
Cult Master

Few quick taughts on a few films I watched over the weekend.

Slaughterhouse

A father and son still living at the old slaughterhouse that a local developer and sheriff want rid of so they can take over the land. After numerous offers the father and son hatch a plan to keep the old place and remove the problem of interfering locals.

Fun slasher and I enjoyed the disposal of some of the more annoying local teens. I really enjoyed the killers lack of any sort of coherent language just sqealling like a pig.

Don't Go In The Woods

Two couples that couldn't act to save their lives which was handy for the wild man hunting them head to the woods on a camping trip while all around them other campers are being picked off in some really creative ways.

While the acting is terrible it's still a fun film and one of the main characters seems to suffer from a strange side effect of being scared his voice changes to a number of different accents from what sounds like an American to sounding English and some Australian thrown in for good measure

Both films have really nice transfers from 88 . I'd recommend both for a good time with a few brewskis.

Like this? Share it using the links below!