Two Front Teeth
Old 10th January 2010, 07:26 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvdvds View Post
Tremors films are sooooooooooooooooooooooo good! I luv them all - even number 4!
You'll be pleased then with the news that the Tremors tv show is getting a release
Old 10th January 2010, 07:28 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvdvds View Post
Yep, absolutly agree with you Nekro! The remake was TERRIBLE! I'd even go so far as to say as bad as The Wickerman remake. HGL isn't known for making incredible films, they're usually pretty bad - but they're sooo much fun! The remake was just confusing and stupid.

Check out the original if you can. Montag the magician has to the single most over-acting actor in cinema!

Yeah will do when I get a chance.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 11th January 2010, 07:10 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

I just watched:

After a fairly slow start, the blood soaked P.O.V. torture comes thick and fast. Different, and definitely worth a watch if you're into this kind of thing, but nothing mind blowingly spectacular.
Old 11th January 2010, 08:48 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I revisited MISERY yesterday.
Still a contender for the best King adaptation.

Vince give me a loan of your Liberace records....

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 11th January 2010, 09:33 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I've been a fan of Tremors since i was a wee boy, i was putting it off but after seeing Tremors 2 on Sci-fi the other day i had to pick up the boxset. I also agree that Deep Rising and The Relic are pretty cool monster movies. The Relic may even be that last decent film that Tom Sizemore has made.

I recently watched a film called the Man Who Haunted Himself. It stars a Pre bond Roger Moore as london business man who discovers he has a doppleganger. It was pretty good, Roger Moore is actually a better actor than i ever gave him credit for, he makes this movie his own. Highly Recommend it.
Old 11th January 2010, 10:07 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

The Man Who Haunted Himself is probably Moore's best film and one that he rates highly himself too. Great stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper72 View Post
Vince give me a loan of your Liberace records.
I'll throw in a hammer and a typewriter.
Old 11th January 2010, 11:27 PM
Grindhouse Project Co-ordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper72 View Post
I saw this after reading the book. I had been told that it was a fantastic adaptation and I think I would have enjoyed it more if I'd read the book afterwards. However I just think it totally pales in comparison when compared to the novel. I will say Cathy Bates made a pretty good Annie Wilkes though.
Old 12th January 2010, 01:19 AM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Just seen Sorority Row....
Its average really, same old teen slasher remake type movie nothing new.
Would been better if the kills were a bit better as I thought they all were pretty tame and lame.
Next movie will either be Stepfather remake which I hard terrible things about or Phobia 2 which is the sequel to the Thai anthology horror called... Phobia :P

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 12th January 2010, 09:21 AM
Cult Rookie

Default What ive seen

Ive probably watched two films a day for the past two weeks a few of the more intresting ones are :

The Road- Saw this last night, was exactly as i was expecting good performances from Viggo Mortensen and Kodi Smit-McPhee (plays the boy). Good bleak landscapes and very depressing. Mad max this film aint, the film revolves around the relationship of the two characters and their interaction with their surroundings, just why and how this disaster happens is not relevent to the story which is being told. It was a good refreshing change from the all out action usually accompanying these types of things so would recommend.

Also been making my way through my shamless collection and was completly shocked to discover that Fulci's conquest has now been knocked off my most painfull film top spot by Ratman. These memories were quickly washed away when i watched oasis of fear which was excellent and i'm not a huge Lenzi fan so this was a pleasent surprise.

Like this? Share it using the links below!