LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th October 2015, 10:07 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
Should i assume you can't actually say where you managed to see this mate?
No you can't. Cult Labs is paid to represent labels who would be very upset if piracy was being openly discussed and promoted on the forums. Could you please stop?

Thanks.
keirarts likes this.
Old 26th October 2015, 10:16 AM
Cult Addict

Of course, sorry Nos that wasn't my intention.
Old 26th October 2015, 10:24 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Of course, sorry Nos that wasn't my intention.
No problem but, just for future reference, if you have acquired something by non-legal means, please keep all discussion oblique and any links sent by private message.

This is to keep Cult Labs safe because, as I'm sure you can understand, Shameless (for Instance) wouldn't be too pleased if we were advocating piracy of material they were considering releasing
keirarts, J Harker and Graeme73 like this.
Old 26th October 2015, 10:28 AM
Cult Addict

Poorly worded question.
I simply meant has Green Inferno actually had a proper release somewhere in the world?
Old 26th October 2015, 10:48 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Poorly worded question.
I simply meant has Green Inferno actually had a proper release somewhere in the world?
As far as I'm aware, it's just been screened at film festivals.
Old 26th October 2015, 10:50 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
As far as I'm aware, it's just been screened at film festivals.
Actually, it had an opening weekend this time last month in 1540 screens in the USA – I'm not sure where else it's been shown.
Old 26th October 2015, 11:14 AM
Cult Addict

I watched Ti Wests The Sacrament last night.
Patrick a New York fashion magazine photographer recieves a letter from his estranged sister inviting him to visit her at an isolated religious commune Eden Parish.
Sniffing a story his colleague, reporter Sam arranges to accompany him with cameraman Jake in tow. Effectively turning the trip into a documentary.
Thinking they're heading into a chilled out hippy community the three are a little taken back to find their location is only accessible by helicopter and patrolled by gaurds with machine guns.
Eventually they meet up with Patricks sister and things calm down a bit as they're granted access to the community and freedom to film and conduct interviews with the residents, culminating in a very public interview with the charismatic but oh so slightly sinister founder and leader of the community a man known as 'Father'.
The three have to agree that everyone they speak to seems very happy with their life at Eden Parish and even Patricks sister a former drug addict appears to be at peace.
However things start to get eerie once a young mute girl starts taking an interest in the outside.
I don't want to say anymore about the plot and i would advise avoiding the trailer for this one too.
I loved The Sacrament and its the best film of Ti Wests I've seen.
The found footage aspect is intigrated well into the story and the film is the right length.
The performances are great all around managing to get the right level of characterisation out of Patrick, Sam and Jake without feeling forced, something that i don't think makes sense in found footage films. The Father is a fantastic character and Gene Jones plays him beautifully, a man able to go from charming to threatening in the same sentence. I picked this up for a quid in Poundland last week but i would have been just as happy if I'd paid a tenner.
There are faint whiffs of the Wicker Man here and the opening scenes as the New York make their way to the commune via helicopter seem heavily influenced by Cannibal Holocaust to me.
Highly recommended.
Old 26th October 2015, 11:20 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
I watched Ti Wests The Sacrament last night.
Patrick a New York fashion magazine photographer recieves a letter from his estranged sister inviting him to visit her at an isolated religious commune Eden Parish.
Sniffing a story his colleague, reporter Sam arranges to accompany him with cameraman Jake in tow. Effectively turning the trip into a documentary.
Thinking they're heading into a chilled out hippy community the three are a little taken back to find their location is only accessible by helicopter and patrolled by gaurds with machine guns.
Eventually they meet up with Patricks sister and things calm down a bit as they're granted access to the community and freedom to film and conduct interviews with the residents, culminating in a very public interview with the charismatic but oh so slightly sinister founder and leader of the community a man known as 'Father'.
The three have to agree that everyone they speak to seems very happy with their life at Eden Parish and even Patricks sister a former drug addict appears to be at peace.
However things start to get eerie once a young mute girl starts taking an interest in the outside.
I don't want to say anymore about the plot and i would advise avoiding the trailer for this one too.
I loved The Sacrament and its the best film of Ti Wests I've seen.
The found footage aspect is intigrated well into the story and the film is the right length.
The performances are great all around managing to get the right level of characterisation out of Patrick, Sam and Jake without feeling forced, something that i don't think makes sense in found footage films. The Father is a fantastic character and Gene Jones plays him beautifully, a man able to go from charming to threatening in the same sentence. I picked this up for a quid in Poundland last week but i would have been just as happy if I'd paid a tenner.
There are faint whiffs of the Wicker Man here and the opening scenes as the New York make their way to the commune via helicopter seem heavily influenced by Cannibal Holocaust to me.
Highly recommended.
I too watched this last night and also loved it.

It's a real slow burner where the tension builds up ever so gradually. Agree with it's heavy influences of The Wicker Man and 70's cannibal films as well.
Old 26th October 2015, 11:28 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I too watched this last night and also loved it.

It's a real slow burner where the tension builds up ever so gradually. Agree with it's heavy influences of The Wicker Man and 70's cannibal films as well.
There are shots from the helicopter at the beginning that look very much like the opening of CH. Even the music while obviously very different from Riz Ortolanis theme achieves a similar dreamy chilled effect.
There's a bit toward the end where Father is just strolling around the marquee surveying the scene. While nothing is really happening the tension is incredible and the way West just keeps the scene running without cutting is brilliant.
keirarts likes this.
Old 26th October 2015, 11:35 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
There are shots from the helicopter at the beginning that look very much like the opening of CH. Even the music while obviously very different from Riz Ortolanis theme achieves a similar dreamy chilled effect.
There's a bit toward the end where Father is just strolling around the marquee surveying the scene. While nothing is really happening the tension is incredible and the way West just keeps the scene running without cutting is brilliant.
It's probably the best found footage film i've ever seen in terms of camera work.

Like this? Share it using the links below!