Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179482Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th December 2015, 10:58 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

WTF is that gif from there?? I can't find it in the thread.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451347092.261142.jpg
Old 28th December 2015, 11:01 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Even though Lucas will be getting money from the new movie, I bet their is a part of him that hates how popular it is and Abrams has done a much better Star Wars film than the man that created it!
Will he get amything from it? Now he's flogged it to Dinsey (thank goodness) i figured he wouldn't get a look in.
Old 28th December 2015, 11:03 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuckyFunster View Post
WTF is that gif from there?? I can't find it in the thread.

Attachment 173636
It's from a film Wonderlust posted. What Films Have You Seen Recently?
keirarts and MuckyFunster like this.
Old 28th December 2015, 11:09 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
He really comes off as bitter and childish man not the first time he's said something like that.
I read some article a few weeks back where he was basically throwing his toys out of the pram because Disney wouldn't listen to his ideas for EpVII. Then he said he wanted nothing to do with it and moaned about fans not appreciating the prequels.
Old 28th December 2015, 11:37 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
And another list with Mr Binks at the top of the tree, but curious decisions for the others in the top three:
The 25 Most Annoying Movie Characters | Complex UK
The ewoks in there ...really?
Old 29th December 2015, 12:07 AM
Cult Addict

I actually thought Jar Jar Binks was one of the better things in the prequels.
Old 29th December 2015, 08:27 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel (2015)

I loved The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, but this sequel whilst still very good doesn't deliver the laughs as frequently and it's story line is a little slight even though a fair portion of it steals the best bits from the Fawlty Towers episode The Hotel Inspector.

Just like the original 2012 sleeper hit, this second installment has a wealth of older acting talent, again headed by Judi Dench, Bill Nighy and Maggie Smith, this time with added Tamsin Greig and Richard Gere.

It didn't feel quite as successful as it had so many great characters but didn't give them all either enough to do as in the case of Celia Imrie or just lacked a little of the charm and magic in the screen play that the first film possessed, or perhaps just lacked the first film's originality. Well it is a sequel after all.

Good but not great.
Been meaning to catch this one but it's definitely a 'wait until sky movies' film

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 29th December 2015, 09:29 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
Will he get amything from it? Now he's flogged it to Dinsey (thank goodness) i figured he wouldn't get a look in.
I'm sure he still gets royalties or something like it even though he sold the rites to Disney .
keirarts likes this.
Old 29th December 2015, 12:57 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
I read some article a few weeks back where he was basically throwing his toys out of the pram because Disney wouldn't listen to his ideas for EpVII. Then he said he wanted nothing to do with it and moaned about fans not appreciating the prequels.
Yeah, I read about that. George was suprised that the new Lucasfilm did not want him involved at all.
For me, the best thing that could have happened to the Star Wars franchise was the selling to Disney. The George of the original Star Wars/Indiana Jones era is not the George we see now. He became bitter and nasty to the original fans and was quite happy to dump the Star Wars name in the shit bin with awful merchandise and tv shows (Star Wars Detours) while racking in the money. I could go on but this is the wrong thread for that.

I have seen Star Wars The Force Awakens twice now, and although not perfect the film for me is pretty awesome and everything I wanted from a Star Wars film since 1983.
keirarts and trebor8273 like this.
Old 29th December 2015, 02:54 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Watched The Dance Of Reality (Alejandro Jodorowsky, 2014) for Boxing Day this year.
Had 3 "virgins" with me, and the reception to his, er, unique brand of storytelling made a few converts (I hope!!) on the whole. Purporting to be a story of his childhood, I do feel that I might have taken it slightly more seriously if the male lead (one of AJ's sons) hadn't resembled Mark Heap somewhat harumph.
Certainly the most "cohesive" of his films. Though the allegorical nature of his work shines through, it, for once, doesn't detract from the overall affect.

Kung Fu Flid (2009, Xavier Leret)
Exploitation overload as some one picks on the wrong cripple. Whilst the low budget shines through, this short sharp shock is one that may have bypassed a few here (I stand to be corrected ahem....) includes Faye Tozer of Steps in the cast.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]

Like this? Share it using the links below!