All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179604Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th August 2008, 11:58 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincenzo View Post
Have you seen Baise Moi, Angel?
Yes it was alright but I think they over did all the hard core stuff. Irreversible by comparison was quite restrained.
Old 21st August 2008, 08:42 AM
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvdvds View Post
I know that ppl find human monsters - ie. in Scream or Friday The 13th scary - but I find the supernatural A HELL OF A LOT SCARIER!!!!!!!! Ghosts, demons, witches (sometimes), spirits, poltergiests!

They give me the hebbie-jebbies!
I'm exactly the same, iluvdvds!

Have you ever seen the original version of The Haunting? Possibly one of the most frightening supernatural films ever!
Old 21st August 2008, 11:13 AM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahw1984 View Post

Have you ever seen the original version of The Haunting? Possibly one of the most frightening supernatural films ever!
Nope. But I'll check it out since you said.
Old 21st August 2008, 11:51 AM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Ghosts, demons, witches (sometimes), spirits, poltergiests!

When you say witches sometimes, you referring to 'Blair Witch Project' by any chance? That film shit me up something rotten first time I saw it. Hopefully i'm not the only one

Watched 'The Video Dead' and 'Terror at the Red Wolf Inn' last night. Two slices of good trashy 70's/80's fun. Two thumbs up.
Old 21st August 2008, 12:14 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halloween_22 View Post
When you say witches sometimes, you referring to 'Blair Witch Project' by any chance? That film shit me up something rotten first time I saw it. Hopefully i'm not the only one

Watched 'The Video Dead' and 'Terror at the Red Wolf Inn' last night. Two slices of good trashy 70's/80's fun. Two thumbs up.
Yep, that's EXACTLY what i meant! I was SOOOOO scared when I saw that lol! I haven't felt scared watching a horror film since I saw 'The Exorcist' - another supernatural film too! And 'The Blair Witch Project' never even had any gore or anything! A truly amazing film!
Old 21st August 2008, 12:21 PM
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Yep, that's EXACTLY what i meant! I was SOOOOO scared when I saw that lol! I haven't felt scared watching a horror film since I saw 'The Exorcist' - another supernatural film too! And 'The Blair Witch Project' never even had any gore or anything! A truly amazing film!
If you like Blair Witch you should like the original Haunting. That has no gore either. Only one special effect. The rest just relies on noises and squiffy camera angles. One to watch on your own with the lights off to get the full effect I always think!

Blair Witch put the shits up me too!
Old 21st August 2008, 11:39 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Family Guy feature length on UMD , last week .
Have'nt got round to watching it yet.
Old 22nd August 2008, 02:32 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Send a message via MSN to siccoyote

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahw1984 View Post

I have seen it recently I think it requires a it of a belief in thew supernatural.

That woman is totally a lesbian in it though.
Old 22nd August 2008, 08:54 AM
Cultist

Nick bought me a copy of the <ahem> unofficial Four Flies on Grey Velvet for my birthday.

It's pretty good, even if a vastly inferior print is used at times to fill in for material not present in the master-copy.

A few nice extras in the form of trailers and alternate opening and closing credits round the thing off.

The chances of an official release are still slim, so this is the best option Argento fans have at the moment to get hold of one of his most elusive titles.

Kev W
Old 22nd August 2008, 10:07 AM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Watched 'Zombies' (the prize for both Reaper's comp and the picture comp) AKA 'Wicked Little Things', although a better title for the film IMO, would have been 'Attack Of The Killer Cliches'. Yep, this film is full of them - which I wont list as I don't want to spoil anything. But apart from that the film was very good - the acting was good, the gore looked good and I LUVed the idea of the zombies being children - munching away at people's inards. WE NEED TO SEE MORE ZOMBIE CHILDREN IN CINEMA! lol! I'd give it a 3.75/5!!!!!

Like this? Share it using the links below!