Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
A cheesy satanic double-feature for me over the past couple of nights:
Look good, they do not!
Old 19th January 2016, 06:20 PM
Cult Addict

Dem's doing a Yoda there.

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.
Old 19th January 2016, 08:12 PM
Cult Acolyte

The interminable summer school holidays end over here this week so it looks like I'll be off to see The Hateful Eight next week.
Looks like I've missed Star Wars though.

How sad.
keirarts likes this.
Old 19th January 2016, 08:55 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosferatu42 View Post
Dem's doing a Yoda there.
Are you saying he is a muppet?
Old 19th January 2016, 09:34 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453242110.225235.jpg

Should of been enjoyable as the other Toho movies I've been watching, we have a long lost advanced civilisation trying too taking over the world and a disgraced WWII submarine captain who is the only hope of the planet in his advanced flying/ digging submarine but sadly it's all a bit slow and takes some time before anything happens 5/10

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453242308.719919.jpg

Wasn't expecting much but really enjoyed this Giallo set in a Scottish castle, that has a nice gothic vibe. Story involves a young woman that visits her aunts castle and it's not long before the guests are being killed off, with the said cat in title the only witness. With have the crazy son of the owner of the castle, the hint of vampirism and a large ape all throwing into the mix. Just who is the killer. I did notice a couple of scenes it which the cat was prodded into place by a very visible hand. 8/10

Now watching this

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453242849.782985.jpg

Last edited by trebor8273; 19th January 2016 at 09:46 PM.
Old 19th January 2016, 09:45 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post

Attachment 174631

Wasn't expecting much but really enjoyed this Giallo set in a Scottish castle, that has a nice gothic vibe. Story involves a young woman that visits her aunts castle and it's not long before the guests are being killed off, with the said cat in title the only witness. With have the crazy son of the owner of the castle, the hunt of vampirism and a large ape all throwing into the mix. Just who is the killer. I did notice a couple of scenes it which the cat was prodded into place by a very visible hand. 8/10
Glad you liked this Trebor. It's a fine giallo isn't it. Perhaps my all time fave in the genre.
keirarts and trebor8273 like this.
Old 19th January 2016, 09:51 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Glad you liked this Trebor. It's a fine giallo isn't it. Perhaps my all time fave in the genre.
It's a excellent giallo which has a great atmosphere that's going to get more viewings in the future.
Old 19th January 2016, 10:10 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones (2002)

Having watched this only twice previously i have to say i wasn't impressed either time. Mainly as i didn't find it memorable i had no hopes when i pressed play this evening. Just the odd sequence flit around my head before hand but nothing more.

That lack of memory served as a good thing in reality as it felt like i was watching something new. Now two and a half hours later i thoroughly enjoyed Attack of the Clones.

Although i enjoyed it it was nowhere near a great film, in fact the first 50 mins up until Anakin and Padme arrive on Tatooine it's bloody awful.

What follows is a cracking space adventure which thankfully dispenses with the kid friendly antics and slowly reaches out to the Dark Side. Again the political machinations are to the fore with the introduction of the clone army, soon to become Storm Troopers for the Republic, and in turn Palpatine's Empire, and Count Dooku finalizing then delivering plans for a super weapon to his master, Darth Sidious, again Palpatine but in Sith Lord disguise. Then of course there's a nice introduction to Boba Fett, with his father Jango Fett showing us exactly what his armored suit could do.

Yes, on this evidence Hayden Christensen is a terrible actor, but his mahogany sheen is counter balanced by a convincing Christopher Lee as Count Dooku. Even Ewan McGregor and Natalie Portman seemed less weighed down by the Star Wars legacy which allowed them a little breathing space thus letting at least a little acting ability shine through.

Far better than i remembered, not that i remembered a lot. I'm looking forward to revisiting Episode III: Revenge of the Sith next week.
Old 19th January 2016, 10:17 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones (2002)

Having watched this only twice previously i have to say i wasn't impressed either time. Mainly as i didn't find it memorable i had no hopes when i pressed play this evening. Just the odd sequence flit around my head before hand but nothing more.

That lack of memory served as a good thing in reality as it felt like i was watching something new. Now two and a half hours later i thoroughly enjoyed Attack of the Clones.

Although i enjoyed it it was nowhere near a great film, in fact the first 50 mins up until Anakin and Padme arrive on Tatooine it's bloody awful.

What follows is a cracking space adventure which thankfully dispenses with the kid friendly antics and slowly reaches out to the Dark Side. Again the political machinations are to the fore with the introduction of the clone army, soon to become Storm Troopers for the Republic, and in turn Palpatine's Empire, and Count Dooku finalizing then delivering plans for a super weapon to his master, Darth Sidious, again Palpatine but in Sith Lord disguise. Then of course there's a nice introduction to Boba Fett, with his father Jango Fett showing us exactly what his armored suit could do.

Yes, on this evidence Hayden Christensen is a terrible actor, but his mahogany sheen is counter balanced by a convincing Christopher Lee as Count Dooku. Even Ewan McGregor and Natalie Portman seemed less weighed down by the Star Wars legacy which allowed them a little breathing space thus letting at least a little acting ability shine through.

Far better than i remembered, not that i remembered a lot. I'm looking forward to revisiting Episode III: Revenge of the Sith next week.
In Christensen defense you could of had the best actor in the world and they couldn't of done much with the dreadful dialogue and how the character was written. I remember seeing in in some film that I can't remember but he wasn't actually that bad in it
Old 19th January 2016, 10:34 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
In Christensen defense you could of had the best actor in the world and they couldn't of done much with the dreadful dialogue and how the character was written. I remember seeing in in some film that I can't remember but he wasn't actually that bad in it
Yes at times the dialogue was rather ropy. Especially in that first hour.

Like this? Share it using the links below!