Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree178798Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th February 2010, 11:53 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Oh I luv The Sleepaway Camp films! All of them are great fun! The twist at the end of the first one is one of the best in any slasher film IMO. Sounds like a great sunday Ken!

Ah, what did you make of Fight For Your Life, Truck? Been meaning to see that.

I watched a classic Universal horror film earlier tonight; Creature From The Black Lagoon - a great film this - very much in the same vein as Universal's other classic horror films; a sympathetic monster in luv with the lead female. Those underwater scenes and the Creature's costume are still phonomenal even today, over 50 years olf!
Old 15th February 2010, 12:06 AM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvdvds View Post
Oh I luv The Sleepaway Camp films! All of them are great fun! The twist at the end of the first one is one of the best in any slasher film IMO. Sounds like a great sunday Ken!

lmao your not wrong there mate, Had a mint horror sunday. And yeah the ending of the 1st SC never expected that, and that facial expression at the end of the film. Top Acting from Felissa

My Diary & Purchase Collection page: http://www.cult-labs.com/forums/memb...tml#post318577
Old 15th February 2010, 12:32 AM
Ex-member

Default 'What films have you seen recently?'‏

I bought the R1 Sleepaway Camp boxed set from Anchor Bay, some years ago.
Waste of money as they were crap!
Old 15th February 2010, 06:35 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Movie Marathon yesterday;

ARMY OF CRIME-Well enough made film,but was rather slow at times.

DEAD MANS SHOES-BLU RAY-Tremendous film,Meadow's best IMO which looks even better in Hi-Def.Considine's performance never loses owt with each subsequent viewing.
Bummer is,Optimum done away with the extras that were on the DVD,bar the commentary....

THE FRENCH CONNECTION-BLU RAY-Still classic,although I see what other people mean with Fiedkin tampering with it-just need to get the right picture setting.

ZOMBI-(ZOMBIE FLESH EATERS) Blue Underground version-Best I've seen this classic look and sound.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 15th February 2010, 06:41 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

House Of Whipcord - Early seventies British exploitation. Tame in many ways but quite enjoyable. Some of the acting is hysterical.

Rogue - This is a lot less gory than I was expecting but it does have a nice level of tension that it plays out quite well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg House Of Whipcord.jpg (2.4 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Rogue.jpg (8.2 KB, 1 views)

My style? .........You could call it the art of fighting without fighting!
Old 15th February 2010, 07:09 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Whipcord is a classic!

Yeah I quite enjoyed Rogue as well.....

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 15th February 2010, 07:40 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper72 View Post
Whipcord is a classic!
Indeed it is. And Sheila Keith is amazing!

"Grindhouse Trailer Classics 2" -

Damn fine set of exploitation trailers and a nice little bit by Stephen Thrower. Could have been longer (not quite 2 hours), but all these things could.
Some grimy, cheesy, nasty, campy, trashy gems on here from a time much missed.
Old 15th February 2010, 08:56 PM
Active Cultist

Recently watched

Witchfinder General
Hit and Run
Santa's Slay
Old 15th February 2010, 09:12 PM
Twilight Zone Co-ordinator

Vigilante: Bill Lustig's film starring Robert Forster and Fred Williamson. Okay, not really horror, but I enjoyed the hell out of it.

The Last Horror Film: Being a big fan of Maniac I've always wanted to see this. Big let down unfortunately. Total mess of a film. I'm not sorry I bought it though. There are some decent extras on the disk that I'll look forward to watching, including the promo footage for Maniac 2: Mr Robbie. Watched it last night. Nothing amazing, but from a completeists point of view I quite like owning it in its entirety.
Old 15th February 2010, 10:24 PM
Cultist in Training

Send a message via MSN to truckturner Send a message via Yahoo to truckturner Send a message via Skype™ to truckturner

Fight For Your Life in my opinion should be released in this country. After viewing the film, i feel the reputation let the film down. It has a notorious background being banned etc, but really this is just a little movie which is more like a stage play than a grindhouse flick. It has grindhouse elements, but too me i was not shocked by the violence, there is nothing groundbreaking in the gore. However the acting is top-notch. Both the criminals and the black family are well cast. It's a shame that the ending builds up to a scent of extreme emotions that you want the film to deliver the goods in violent vengeance, but sadly this is not forseen and is abandoned with a cliche ending. Even though the final gunshot is pretty nice.

It's an alright watch but i wouldnt go crazy about it

Like this? Share it using the links below!