All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179484Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd August 2016, 07:58 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
The Thing is one of my favourite comm tracks.
Ill watch that one next
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 23rd August 2016, 08:46 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Everybody Wants Some!! (2016)

**** out of *****

In-depth analysis on horror, exploitation, and other shocking cinema @ Cinematic Shocks
Old 24th August 2016, 05:43 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Nightmare castle. 9/10

True Romance. 8.6/10

Now watching Batman (1989) then ghoulies and then either Rec. Or resident evil if I can decide which one
Attached Images
File Type: jpg True_romance.jpg (40.4 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg nightmare-castle.jpg (51.5 KB, 3 views)
Old 24th August 2016, 08:07 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

A little later than scheduled, here are last week's viewings.

Yet more '80s trash - nope, not bored of it yet! - (including re-watches of The Slayer, Boogeyman II and Double Exposure) with a '50s Ealing comedy classic, the enjoyable horror remake/sequel The Town that Dreaded Sundown and the mediocre but at the same time interesting horror cheapie Dead Shadows sandwiched in among all the schlock.

The Slayer (1982)

62/100

Crazed (1978)

61/100

American Nightmare (1983)

66/100

Boogeyman II (1983)

30/100

Deadly Lessons (1983)

56/100

The Man in the White Suit (1951)

73/100

The Town that Dreaded Sundown (2014)

67/100

Double Exposure (A doppia esposizione) (1983)

60/100

Frightmare (1983)

55/100

A Night to Dismember (1983)

44/100

Dead Shadows (2012)

48/100

Sledgehammer (1983)

32/100
Old 24th August 2016, 08:16 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Friday the 13th (2009)

**1/2 out of *****

In-depth analysis on horror, exploitation, and other shocking cinema @ Cinematic Shocks
Old 24th August 2016, 09:29 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Batman (1989) 9.3/10

Ghoulies 5.9/10
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Batman_(1989)_theatrical_poster.jpg (17.5 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg p8585_p_v8_aa.jpg (95.7 KB, 2 views)
keirarts and nosferatu42 like this.
Old 24th August 2016, 09:40 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

BASTARD – A honeymooning couple pick up a pair of runaways en route to a guest house where a slasher in a porceleine child mask lurks with an axe... sound familiar? Sound like another soon-to-be poundland pick up with little to add to a dead genre beyond a few lame one liners and some intestinal spillage? Sort of. But 'Bastard' has a real attitude. Take those honeymooners. They're not regular honeymooners, they're serial killers who've just tied the knot... yeah, around someone's throat etc etc. As horrible degenerates they're actually quite versatile – they're hep enough to not only murder people on a whim and get away with it, but to play in a band called 'The Royal Cun*s'. 'Bastard' was obviously made by hipsters just out of filmschool who hoped that by staking a claim and proving their slickness they might accidentally do something a bit rad within the genre. Frustrating for some, but maybe that's a good thing. There's not much ambition going down these days. As far as that applies to 'Bastard', there is some imagination at work, and a willingness to take risks. The whole slasher killer angle is something of a red herring, and once the film gets going and starts to boil (unfortunately, it takes a while) it blossoms into something quite twisted and uncomfortable, the last twenty minutes or so being a whirl of hysteria and dark scenes. I won't ruin it, but the whole question of how best to raise an infant whose dad was a serial killer is approached with gloves off. Before this, there is build up, a touch of family drama, and the whole decoy slasher thing. You could take a step back from 'Bastard' and say that it never quite gels. Equally, pace is an issue. It's not slow, but for a film which is only just over seventy minutes long I was kind of waiting around for the grimness to kick in, even though it's pretty cynical from the outset. A mixed bag which left me with mixed feelings, but on balance 'Bastard' won me over with its nasty edge.
Old 25th August 2016, 06:39 AM
Cult Addict

David Brent: Life on the road

Your enjoyment of life on the road will be determined by how much (or little) you enjoyed the office and enjoy Ricky Gervaises brand of humour. The cringe factor is going full bore as Brent takes unpaid leave from work, cashes in all his pensions and funds a three week tour of the UK with his band that pretty much involves empty or half-empty gigs in the reading area. I enjoyed it, the songs are so mind numbingly insensitve that they become genuinely hysterical including a plea to not hate the disabled that is jaw-droppingly offensive and a song for a dying child at christmas that becomes dark as f***. I'm certain a portion of the audience will hate it, humor is always subjective but to its credit the film also does a great job of peeling away the surface layers of Brents character to actually deliver some genuine pathos and sympathy to a character who in lesser hands would simply be an object of hate or derision.

Robot Jox

One of my friends who came to the cinema admitted to having not seen thsi so I held a little midnight screening. In spite of the films budgetry limitations its a solid piece of entertainment with a great plot and the robot fights still hold up even in the wake of films like pacific rim.
Old 25th August 2016, 06:44 AM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinematic Shocks View Post
Everybody Wants Some!! (2016)

**** out of *****
I'm really excited for this one, I think the disc comes out soon, it was a very limited cinema release in the UK, I missed it
keirarts and Cinematic Shocks like this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 25th August 2016, 08:32 AM
Seasoned Cultist

The Slayer (1982)

*** out of *****

Like this? Share it using the links below!