All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179627Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th October 2016, 07:24 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Film No.16

all-girls-weekend-poster-2015.jpg

Five of the worst most annoying actors ever go on a girls weekend to the country and everyone starts to die.

DO NOT WATCH this pile of shit. Im in physical pain after watching it the acting is some of the worst i have ever seen no reaction to losing fingers to frostbite one girl literally just pulls her finger off and she has no reaction. Dialogue like are you really going to smoke a cigarette at a time like this and after finding one dead body and one girl is vomiting she says how can you just look at that not not react her reply is " maybe im just numb " In one scene they try to run from a bear which was obviously stock footage from a nature program and the bear was a cub not an adult even the bears roars were dubbed in to make it sound more fearsome

One of the worst films i have ever seen.

0/10
Old 17th October 2016, 07:55 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
Film No.16
DO NOT WATCH this pile of shit.
*Immediately looks up a copy*
keirarts and Nordicdusk like this.
Old 17th October 2016, 07:56 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBlayne View Post
*Immediately looks up a copy*
Its not a shit in a good way.
MacBlayne and keirarts like this.
Old 17th October 2016, 08:48 PM
Cult Master

Film No.17

All_Hallows_Eve.jpg

Its Halloween night and a babysitter is taking care of two kids while their parents are on a night out. After the kids have been out trick r treating they empty out all their candy on the floor to sort if out when a VHS tape falls out of the little boys bag. The two kids convince the babysitter to play the tape. The tape contains three stories with one common theme a freaky clown.

Short 1 about witches black mass sacrifice and satan.

Short 2 which was about aliens was not interesting and the alien looked terrible it was just a man in a suit not convincing.

Short 3 was about the clown that connects the three stories chasing a girl.

Out of the three stories the third was my favourite i really liked how it was shot and it was by far the most brutal with some great effects. Overall a fun film and the clown looks awesome and really creepy even better is that he is totally silent even when he laughs there is no sound great ending too.

7/10

Could of got a higher score if the second short was not so weak.
Old 17th October 2016, 09:09 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Its not a shit in a good way.
Oh, God - you're right. I had a quick look. Badly photographed and poorly edited. And I'm guessing the direction never rose above "Okay, walk here and look surly."

Also, the film's poster is in their room
keirarts and Nordicdusk like this.
Old 17th October 2016, 09:32 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBlayne View Post
Also, the film's poster is in their room

I actually could not believe that.
MacBlayne likes this.
Old 17th October 2016, 09:34 PM
Cult Acolyte

Serendipity. Silly but fun and charming romantic comedy with John Cusack and Kate Beckinsale as a potential new couple who decide to let fate take its course, only to find it has a decidedly strange sense of humour. Always rather liked this one.
MacBlayne, keirarts and J Harker like this.
Old 17th October 2016, 09:48 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

The Hound of the Baskervilles (1983)

British production starring Ian Richardson as Sherlock Holmes and Donald Churchill as Dr. Watson. The Hound of the Baskervilles is a story we all know and love or at least should do. As one of the most Gothic horror like Holmes stories it has had various adaptations over the years the best of which is probably Hammer's 1959 version starring Peter Cushing as Holmes.

This version which i've only just found out was made for tv, not that it hinders as the best Holmes adaptations bar none are all television productions, which surprised me as the production values are of very high standard. Boasting a top notch cast including Martin Shaw, Brian Blessed and Denholm Elliott and wonderfully spooky sequences out on the moors at night this adaptation takes all the best parts of the story and embellishes them. It even adds scenes and characters (Blessed's Lyons was never in the book for a start) and brings the death of Stapleton to macabre life which Conan Doyle does not.

It's not perfect though. Martin Shaw has a dubbed American voice which not only sounds wrong as Shaw has a wonderful recognizable tone but is wholly unnecessary, i also wasn't keen on Churchill's Watson who as with Nigel Bruce in the Rathbone films tended to bumble along in dim witted fashion. However any flaws in Watson are more than made up for by Ian Richardson whose portrayal of Holmes with a twinkle of mischief in his eye is excellent and i would have loved to see more of him in the role.

Whilst i suppose a little unremarkable, but that's more to do with the story itself than this actual adaptation (I never like the fact Holmes goes missing from a large chunk) this is a solid production and well worth seeking out for Holmes fans or lovers of the Gothic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 01-288273.jpg (66.6 KB, 5 views)
Old 17th October 2016, 09:50 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
I enjoyed this too, although I tend to be in the minority. I'm looking forward to the spin off with Art the clown, Terrifier. I think there's a sequel too, at least in name. Never got around to picking it up to see how it compares.
MacBlayne, keirarts and Nordicdusk like this.
Old 17th October 2016, 09:54 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAKA View Post
I enjoyed this too, although I tend to be in the minority. I'm looking forward to the spin off with Art the clown, Terrifier. I think there's a sequel too, at least in name. Never got around to picking it up to see how it compares.
Like i said i thought it was a fun film.

MV5BMTYwNTA2NDY0Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNjE5MjU5NjE@._V1_UY268_CR4,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

Will definitely have to check this out.
keirarts and trebor8273 like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!