All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179618Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th October 2016, 07:20 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
Any chance of some deeper thoughts on Doc Strange treb?
Its quite different from the other marvel films slower paced than most of them. Strange is quite a unlikable and self-centered character for most of the film but anyone who knows anything of the character that's how was before he became "doctor Strange" visual its stuuning with some amazing effects when they enter the mirror world and the dark world. Shame we didn't get to see more of Mads character but he's not one of stranges main foes, both of his main ones are introduced in the film. As most won't know a lot if anything about the character the film is just really setting it up for another film. But its all very enjoyable , I might be a bit biased as Strange has always been one of my favorite superheroes. Also wait for the scene part way into the credits
Old 25th October 2016, 07:28 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Its quite different from the other marvel films slower paced than most of them. Strange is quite a unlikable and self-centered character for most of the film but anyone who knows anything of the character that's how was before he became "doctor Strange" visual its stuuning with some amazing effects when they enter the mirror world and the dark world. Shame we didn't get to see more of Mads character but he's not one of stranges main foes, both of his main ones are introduced in the film. As most won't know a lot if anything about the character the film is just really setting it up for another film. But its all very enjoyable , I might be a bit biased as Strange has always been one of my favorite superheroes. Also wait for the scene part way into the credits
Cool cheers.
Old 25th October 2016, 07:45 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I've been to the cinema twice in the past week, the first time to see I, Daniel Blake, and then today to see Jack Reacher – Never Go Back.

Ken Loach's award-winning and critically acclaimed film deserves every bit of praise it has received, because it is a superb piece of cinema which is beautifully edited, superbly acted, cleverly written, and something which lives with you for a long, long time afterwards. I left the cinema an emotional wreck, devastated from a couple of the scenes and furious at the political policies which are highlighted in the film and led to its creation. It isn't an easy watch, but is one which is thoroughly rewarding and should be compulsory watching for everyone at the DWP and government in general.

The new Jack Reacher Film isn't as good as the first one with a third act that is too long, but Tom Cruise (who produced the movie) is again very good in the role with some moments which made me smile at just how effortlessly Reacher deals with the most extreme situations. Although it is an inferior sequel, it was just what I wanted it to be, more or less what I expected, and I would happily watch a third instalment.

Last edited by Nosferatu@Cult Labs; 25th October 2016 at 08:23 PM.
Old 25th October 2016, 07:47 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
The new Jack Reacher Film isn't as good as the first one with a third act that is too long, but Tom Cruise (who produced the movie) is never drink again very good in the role with some moments which made me smile at just how effortlessly Reacher deals with the most extreme situations. Although it is an inferior sequel, it was just what I wanted it to be, more or less what I expected, and I would happily watch a third instalment.
You're getting cryptic. What has drinking got to do with it. Did you see it with Harker or something?
keirarts and J Harker like this.
Old 25th October 2016, 08:25 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
You're getting cryptic. What has drinking got to do with it. Did you see it with Harker or something?
My bad for not proofreading before clicking 'submit'! As I'm currently enjoying a glass of whisky and ginger ale, I probably said something about my current beverage and didn't realise it was transcribed onto the screen!
Old 25th October 2016, 08:27 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Let this be a lesson to you kids out there: don't drink and dictate.
Old 25th October 2016, 08:40 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
My bad for not proofreading before clicking 'submit'! As I'm currently enjoying a glass of whisky and ginger ale, I probably said something about my current beverage and didn't realise it was transcribed onto the screen!
Whisky and ginger ale?!? What the bloody hell you playing at man!!
Old 25th October 2016, 09:00 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:

Quote:
Old 25th October 2016, 09:33 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Frighteners. 9/10

Now watching.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg article-2738009-20E7844700000578-546_634x971.jpg (101.1 KB, 2 views)
Old 25th October 2016, 10:05 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
It was only Johnnie Walker Red Label, a whisky that is not my preferred choice to drink neat.

It was my first experience of drinking whisky with dry ginger, and I liked it so much it is a good way of having a refreshing drink, getting a good alcohol buzz, and not feel as if I'm drinking an alcopop! It's probably something I'll do it again on a warm day with a cheap whisky, a chilled bottle of dry ginger and some ice cubes.

Like this? Share it using the links below!