Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree179431Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th October 2016, 10:12 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
It was only Johnnie Walker Red Label, a whisky that is not my preferred choice to drink neat.

It was my first experience of drinking whisky with dry ginger, and I liked it so much it is a good way of having a refreshing drink, getting a good alcohol buzz, and not feel as if I'm drinking an alcopop! It's probably something I'll do it again on a warm day with a cheap whisky, a chilled bottle of dry ginger and some ice cubes.
I do like dark rum with ginger ale.
Old 25th October 2016, 10:34 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
It was only Johnnie Walker Red Label, a whisky that is not my preferred choice to drink neat.

It was my first experience of drinking whisky with dry ginger, and I liked it so much it is a good way of having a refreshing drink, getting a good alcohol buzz, and not feel as if I'm drinking an alcopop! It's probably something I'll do it again on a warm day with a cheap whisky, a chilled bottle of dry ginger and some ice cubes.
Despite laughing earlier i agree with you that it makes a nice long summer drink that gives you a buzz.
Old 26th October 2016, 06:27 AM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:

I also enjoy whisky with ginger as long as the whisky in question is right for it.

You should try Whisky Mac, Nos. It's a drink I copiously enjoy around the festive period. You can either mix it yourself or buy it ready bottled. ALDI do a nice one.
Old 26th October 2016, 08:50 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Despite laughing earlier i agree with you that it makes a nice long summer drink that gives you a buzz.
I only bought the dry ginger because I was in Sainsbury's looking for something else and saw it on the way out. I realised I should have put the bottle in the fridge rather than the pantry to make the drink cooler. It is probably a good way of drinking a whisky I have bought and don't like enough to drink straight, or one which is cheap but pleasant enough to drink with ginger or Coke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
I also enjoy whisky with ginger as long as the whisky in question is right for it.

You should try Whisky Mac, Nos. It's a drink I copiously enjoy around the festive period. You can either mix it yourself or buy it ready bottled. ALDI do a nice one.
Sounds good, so I'll bear that in mind and have a look the next time I'm in Aldi.
Old 26th October 2016, 06:11 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Fright night 8.7/10

Near Dark. 8.7/10

Ghostbusters 9.5/10

Up next
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 92a0d3a3a77152e7384a2c42601ee21d.jpg (51.3 KB, 8 views)
Old 26th October 2016, 09:19 PM
Cult Addict

The greasy strangler

Seemingly inspired (in part at least) by the Dada inspired ethos of Troma, Greasy stangler is a genuinely messed up abstract slice of schlock that seems deliberately intent on approaching its audience with fingernails scratching down a blackboard while flinging the occasional ripe ball of shit at its audience to inspire a sort of antagonistic divide between audience and film. Somehow though it works, just dont ask me how. The characters feel like deliberate grotesques, the soundtrack mixes electronica with the most annoying sound in the world ever. The screen is occasionally blanked out by one of the characters massive dick and the film seems to poke at various nasty ideas of disgust at the basic functions of the human body like a child poking a corpse with a stick. Its fruitless to really try and discuss frivolities like plot or character development when the film really does not seem to view these things as being anyway important or at least as secondary to mixing up a sensation of absolute disgust and horror and making it funny as hell. I personally loved every minute.
Old 27th October 2016, 02:51 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Is the Network print not great? The region one Image release i have is immaculate.
Was going with the "you cant polish a turd" here cough. It has some slight marks throughout it, which is nitpicking really considering.

Night Of Terror (1986)
If Andy Milligan and John Waters had a baby, and it grew up to direct Days Of Our Lives....it couldn't be much worse than this. Practically unwatchable, due to terrible transfer (VHS??) and the shocking colour scheme within the film. Recommended!!

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 27th October 2016, 07:35 PM
Seasoned Cultist

I watched the Indicator Blu of Body Double last night. The film is still gloriously trashy and the quality is great. Really interested in the rest of their output now.
Old 27th October 2016, 07:38 PM
Seasoned Cultist

All Through the House (2015)

*** out of *****

Squirm (1976)

***1/2 out of *****

A Nightmare on Elm Street 2: Freddy's Revenge (1985)

*** out of *****

In-depth analysis on horror, exploitation, and other shocking cinema @ Cinematic Shocks
Old 27th October 2016, 07:54 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinematic Shocks View Post
All Through the House (2015)

*** out of *****

[/CENTER]
This looks quite interesting.

Couldn't you have waited a few weeks. You'd be more in the Christmas mood.
MacBlayne and keirarts like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!