Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179625Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th March 2010, 07:56 PM
Active Cultist

'Funky Forrest'

One of the most bizarre pieces of Japanese cinema I have seen. Highly original and well worth a watch. To be honest, trying to describe it wouldn't do it justice. Fun, weird and quite original with quite a few odd images I may never be able to erase from my brain
Old 7th March 2010, 08:45 PM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora75 View Post
'Funky Forrest'

One of the most bizarre pieces of Japanese cinema I have seen. Highly original and well worth a watch. To be honest, trying to describe it wouldn't do it justice. Fun, weird and quite original with quite a few odd images I may never be able to erase from my brain
got this to watch tonight if you liked it try the taste of tea or something a little less weird Uzumaki. the japanese make the best films
Old 7th March 2010, 08:47 PM
Cultist in Training

saw from paris with love tonight and it was an awsome action movie with the usual cheesy one liners and good cop bad cop team. ive been loving travolta since he shaved his head and it suits him for these kind of roles. good film and the blood flows in this.
Old 7th March 2010, 08:49 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaldud View Post
got this to watch tonight if you liked it try the taste of tea or something a little less weird Uzumaki. the japanese make the best films
Cheers, my girlfriend has that one but I'm yet to see it. Enjoy 'Funky Forrest'!
Old 8th March 2010, 12:27 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

OK, it's not horror...or even film...but tonight I saw episodes 9 to 12 of series 1 of The Equalizer.

I was expecting it to have dated badly, but clothes aside, it remains a superb bit of TV with some exceptional work from Edward Woodward.

Top, top stuff.
Old 8th March 2010, 02:30 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Flesh For The Beast

Now this was an odd one! In many ways this is an incompetent mess devoid of appeal which seems to go on forever (it's only an hour and a half or so, but...sheesh! It drags!), yet on the other hand it is hard to really hate it as it often proves entertaining.

In a genre dominated by The Haunting, The Legend Of Hell House, The Beyond and Poltergeist, any film is going to struggle trying to tell the story of a haunted/possesed house investigation. Especially so if the raison d'ĂȘtre seems to be the shoehorning in of softcore and low rent gore scenes. Add to this acting that runs the gamut from "cardboard amateur" to "disillusioned drama teacher" and things look like a lost cause.

And yet...

...there is something about it all...whether it is the ambitious camera work or the straight-faced determination of the whole affair...I can't yet work it out, but the film has...something.

Don't be mistaken, the film is utter tripe (a terrible guitar-wank soundtrack from Buckethead helps not one jot) but something about it niggles in the mind. Something that stops it just short of reaching total turkeydom. I can't work out what it is...can you?
Old 8th March 2010, 11:07 AM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojirosan View Post
OK, it's not horror...or even film...but tonight I saw episodes 9 to 12 of series 1 of The Equalizer.

I was expecting it to have dated badly, but clothes aside, it remains a superb bit of TV with some exceptional work from Edward Woodward.

Top, top stuff.
Yep. But where the hell's the rest of them? If they din't pop up after Woodward died I can't see them popping up anytime soon now.
Old 8th March 2010, 11:14 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I didn't realise they hadn't released the rest of it!

Sad state of affairs.

Old 8th March 2010, 11:14 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Watched The Crazies last night - excellent re-make! Really, really enjoyed it!!
Old 8th March 2010, 11:30 AM
Cult Rookie

The Crazies

An 8/10 I'd say, very enjoyable with a decent amount of gore. Liked the ending very much

Like this? Share it using the links below!