LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th February 2017, 07:52 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
[B][COLOR="Yellow"]
I rather enjoyed Bloodmoon, it's certainly entertaining with it's fair share of exploitation elements making it one of the better later efforts in my opinion.
This sounds rather good and right up my grubby little alley.
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 17th February 2017, 09:13 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Rambo (2008)

***1/2 out of *****

keirarts and trebor8273 like this.

In-depth analysis on horror, exploitation, and other shocking cinema @ Cinematic Shocks
Old 18th February 2017, 03:19 AM
Cult Addict

Holy Mother of F#ck...just when you thought you had seen everything, along comes David Berry resurrecting his Frankie Abbott character from Please Sir/Fenn Street Gang fame to make a 7 min short vampire film with Caroline Munro and Judy Matheson!

Words fail me if I am honest as to the quality of just about everything from script, acting and all other things that make a film...but who cares, it's Frankie Abbott and Caroline Munro. F#cking Frankie Abbott, alive and in a film!!! Here's hoping the same team make my long dreamt of projects....Olive from On the Buses is Emanuelle in America and George and Mildred Underground Mordum.

The film is on Amazon Prime.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg frankula-poster-web-m.jpg (21.5 KB, 8 views)
Old 18th February 2017, 08:48 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Hammers take on the Burke and Hare story, really can't class this is as a horror as its really a drama/thriller, found it all very gripping and well acted especially from Cushing as the doctor who use Burke and Hare to get body's for his medical experiments, the two soon turn to killing people to obtain bodies which the doctor suspect's but does nothing. They are eventually caught when they kill daft Jamie (Melvyn Hayes) a well knowing and liked individual in the area. 7.4/10

Up to night

Edit

Watching sewage baby and I can't decide if its so bad its good or just awful.

Finished it and its just awful.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 81AXUBg1RmL._SL1500_.jpg (96.2 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg download.jpg (18.4 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by trebor8273; 18th February 2017 at 09:58 PM.
Old 19th February 2017, 02:21 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

ABC of death 2.5.

Just more the same as previous 2 but a pick of the entries that where made for the letter M
Nowhere as good as the other 2 , some you like some you hate others you be scratching your head because you just didn't get it and was rather baffled
A disappointment but still worth a one of watch even if you won't bother again. Just for the weird bizarre and randomness of the film.
But I quite liked some of the background music.
Old 19th February 2017, 11:14 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post

Watching sewage baby and I can't decide if its so bad its good or just awful.

Finished it and its just awful.
I've just watched this and you might have a point.
trebor8273 likes this.
Old 19th February 2017, 02:21 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

The Paperboy (2012)

Whilst The Paperboy might sound reminiscent of a John Grisham thriller such as A Time to Kill, it isn't. The Paperboy is an ultra grim, downbeat crime drama about a journalist (Matthew McConaughey) who returns to his home town in 1969 Florida. Once there he hires his younger brother (Zac Efron) as a driver and the two set about the case of convicted but seemingly innocent thug (John Cussack) who's on death row for the murder of a racist law man.

The only chink of light in the film being a sequence when the whorish Nicole Kidman pisses on Efron on a beach, but even that is to prevent him slipping into a coma from jelly fish stings.

Despite the pessimistic aura the cast are excellent. From Macy Gray and David Oyelowo to the seemingly always excellent McConaughey, who proves once more that he only plays in rom-coms as a way of putting bread on the table.

Throughout the film there's a thick, sweaty atmosphere, think cheap bourbon and stale cigarette smoke congealing in the oppressive Florida heat which never goes away. Many of the characters are unpleasant, even McConaughey and Efron, whose army of teeny bopping fans are probably in therapy after this, come across as cold anti heroes in a film where morals have decayed past the point of no return.

The Paperboy also continues the resurgence in John Cusack. A fine actor who in this, Frozen Ground, Maps to the Stars and The Raven is moving away from the fresh faced good guy roles to meatier, more substantial fayre.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg original-632957-088.jpg (91.5 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg the-paperboy-poster-06.jpg (94.3 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg the-paperboy-poster-04.jpg (96.0 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 41c48de6fd92b41883a22b5e2868a9da.jpg (98.6 KB, 7 views)
Old 19th February 2017, 03:21 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

The Suckling / Sewage Baby (1990)

A mutant baby escapes into the sewers after an abortion at a low rent Brooklyn brothel.

A seriously shit horror film with some of the worst acting i can recall...

...but, but but... it does have a certain charm to it all. Not once was i bored and i found the mutant fetus monster a lot of fun. Reminiscent of early Frank Henenlotter, The Suckling is a disjointed mess, but an enjoyable mutated one at that.

The first twenty minutes actually seemed like deleted scenes thrown together from another movie altogether but it eventually settled down to a slightly disorientating slasher crossed with monster in the closet horror movie which even has a lengthy and bizarre S&M scene. Silly and even a little disturbing, The Suckling is a movie every horror fan should watch once.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg B01BPDG180_1024x1024.jpg (95.2 KB, 7 views)
Old 19th February 2017, 09:08 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
The Paperboy (2012)

Whilst The Paperboy might sound reminiscent of a John Grisham thriller such as A Time to Kill, it isn't. The Paperboy is an ultra grim, downbeat crime drama about a journalist (Matthew McConaughey) who returns to his home town in 1969 Florida. Once there he hires his younger brother (Zac Efron) as a driver and the two set about the case of convicted but seemingly innocent thug (John Cussack) who's on death row for the murder of a racist law man.

The only chink of light in the film being a sequence when the whorish Nicole Kidman pisses on Efron on a beach, but even that is to prevent him slipping into a coma from jelly fish stings.

Despite the pessimistic aura the cast are excellent. From Macy Gray and David Oyelowo to the seemingly always excellent McConaughey, who proves once more that he only plays in rom-coms as a way of putting bread on the table.

Throughout the film there's a thick, sweaty atmosphere, think cheap bourbon and stale cigarette smoke congealing in the oppressive Florida heat which never goes away. Many of the characters are unpleasant, even McConaughey and Efron, whose army of teeny bopping fans are probably in therapy after this, come across as cold anti heroes in a film where morals have decayed past the point of no return.

The Paperboy also continues the resurgence in John Cusack. A fine actor who in this, Frozen Ground, Maps to the Stars and The Raven is moving away from the fresh faced good guy roles to meatier, more substantial fayre.

It's a great film Dem. I would like to see Zac Efron in more dramas, I have a a feeling there is a great actor hiding behind his pecs.
Old 19th February 2017, 09:33 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
The Paperboy (2012)

This just makes me giggle. The only chink of light is Nicole Kidman pissing on Zach Efron. Chink of light??

Like this? Share it using the links below!