Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179480Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th March 2010, 11:20 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

finally sat down and watched Kelly's Heroes, a film ive been meaning to see for years. what a fun WW2 caper film. Eastwood and Telly Savalas were great, but the stand out was Donald Sutherland as Oddball, the second world war's only hippy. Brian G Hutton also directed Where Eagles Dare whicj has now become a favourite of mine. Verry cool film with a great sort of battle/heist at the end.
Old 16th March 2010, 11:28 AM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromonkey View Post
finally sat down and watched Kelly's Heroes, a film ive been meaning to see for years.
Great fun film. Lalo Schifrin's score includes Burning Bridges which is one of my favourite film songs.
Old 16th March 2010, 12:12 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42ndStreetFreak View Post
as far as I know (although TV screenings even then sometimes used a badly cut version) it's the UK cinema version. With just a small cut to the monsters destruction and the glass jar death.

Even though, it's far more complete than the crappy American version on our DVD.
If the full artery scene is in there (where you see the Baron hold the arm artery in his teeth while the hand is sewn on) it's the UK version...which is still the longest print.
The only cut I could obviously see was the removal of the Director's throat slashing at the end - you only see the Monster lunge and blood spurt back onto him, you don't see the Director being killed. The monster's destruction had the "guts stomping" and the "artery teeth clamp" was there too.
Old 16th March 2010, 12:16 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Definitely sounds like the cinema/video print. The only cuts requested by the BBFC were the throat slashing and a reduction to the monster's demise at the end (though the cuts to the latter were either tiny or not made at all).

I recently compared the UK video of Curse Of The Werewolf (the heavily cut cinema print) to the uncut restored US DVD, and the cuts to the former were horrendous. The BBFC wanted even more but thankfully they were rescinded on appeal.
Old 16th March 2010, 12:43 PM
Cultist

I watched Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus and The Dollman vs. Demonic Toys recently. In spite of the titles of the movies, I felt the biggest battle was between me and the stop button, although I managed to persevere to the end of both movies, somehow.
Old 16th March 2010, 12:45 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincenzo View Post
I recently compared the UK video of Curse Of The Werewolf (the heavily cut cinema print) to the uncut restored US DVD, and the cuts to the former were horrendous. The BBFC wanted even more but thankfully they were rescinded on appeal.
Yeah, I can clearly remember the first time I saw an uncut Curse Of The Werewolf, I couldn't believe how much stuff was in there!
Old 16th March 2010, 01:32 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phats View Post
I watched Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus and The Dollman vs. Demonic Toys recently. In spite of the titles of the movies, I felt the biggest battle was between me and the stop button, although I managed to persevere to the end of both movies, somehow.

Yeah MEGASHARK VS GIANT OCTOPUS was done by the asshats at THE ASYLUM,You have to stay clear of them and their cinematic diarrhea that theyre slinging these days.
Old 16th March 2010, 03:18 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Is anyone gonna check out the Final after reading my lil review

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 16th March 2010, 03:31 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojirosan View Post
Yeah, I can clearly remember the first time I saw an uncut Curse Of The Werewolf, I couldn't believe how much stuff was in there!
At one stage the BBFC considered rejecting it.
Old 16th March 2010, 04:10 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincenzo View Post
Great fun film. Lalo Schifrin's score includes Burning Bridges which is one of my favourite film songs.
Mine too.Also,Where Do I Go From Here,from Thunderbolt & Lightfoot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phats View Post
Dollman Vs Demonic Toys was pretty much a waste of time,barely 70mins long and mostly made up of recycled footage from Dollman and Demonic Toys.The only thing that saves it is Tim Thomerson,who's watchable as always.

Like this? Share it using the links below!