Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

42ndStreetFreak 16th March 2010 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vincenzo (Post 67289)
Great fun film. Lalo Schifrin's score includes Burning Bridges which is one of my favourite film songs.

Oh yes! Loved that song as a kid. Used to play with my Action Men and sing that as they trundles along in their tanks!

Loved "Kelly's" for years...and it still hold sup 100% now.
Even if Oddball ("WOOF! WOOF! WOOF!) is everything to do with hippie/drugged out Vietnam and not WW2!

Damn fine entertainment...with perhaps the best performance in a film I've seen from Savalas too. His interaction with the other men is classic.

Eastwood is pretty much background material in his own star vehicle with this kind of co-star cast (few films have this many utterly wonderful support characters) in full flow.
But he was in "Where Eagle's Dare" too...Basically a support player to Burton.
as far as acting and presence goes...Eastwood seems to cope badly in war films.

oh yeah...How GREAT was it to suddenly hear the 'Tiger Tank' theme in "Inglorious"?!

Sargento 16th March 2010 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phats (Post 67311)
I watched Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus and The Dollman vs. Demonic Toys recently. In spite of the titles of the movies, I felt the biggest battle was between me and the stop button, although I managed to persevere to the end of both movies, somehow. :crutch:

I was surprised to see "Deborah Gibson" in the opening titles as the main actor ... could this have been Debbie Gibson ... the 80s Britney Spears? Heck it was! But the film was still as cack as hell! I mean, a shark jumping outta the water and bringing a jumbo jet outta the clouds! Who on earth thought that would be a good idea to add to the film ... a 6 year old? And the constant re-hashing of the same CGI effects shown over and over again throughout the film ... (holds finger firmly on video search!):ack:

Stephen@Cult Labs 16th March 2010 04:55 PM

And coming soon from the makers of MegaShark Vs Giant Octpuss is Mega Piranha,starring the other pop princess of the eighties,Tiffany. (yum yum)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 16th March 2010 05:01 PM

I think we're alone now....:dance:

You would be if you tried to screen these to an audience....:biggrin:

DeadAlive 16th March 2010 05:13 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Saw V - The downward spiral from Saw 3 continues. Some inventive killings in the backstory don't quite make up for the overly plotted main story but they do provide the main reason for me to keep watching. I'm in no hurry to see part 6 so I'll slap it on my rental list.

The Legend Of Hell House - This still remains one of my favourite haunted house films ever. I've got the original novel by Richard Matheson in my to read pile and after watching this again I think I'll be pulling it to the top. Dated ever so slightly, but still a creepy thriller with some effective chills.

Philleh 16th March 2010 05:23 PM

Saw 6 was up there with Saw 3 and made up for the shocking lack of care given to parts 4 and 5.

Roll on Saw 8 - as no doubt number 7 will blow.

DeadAlive 16th March 2010 05:28 PM

I heard somewhere that 7 may be the last? Or will that depend on how well it does? ;)

Philleh 16th March 2010 05:34 PM

I'm not too sure matey, I know 7 will be in 3D but I've not heard it's the final installment. I'm guessing you're right, they'll see how the opening gross does! :nod:

nekromantik 16th March 2010 07:32 PM

I hope 7 is the last.
they get worse as they go along.

Stephen@Cult Labs 16th March 2010 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 67401)
I hope 7 is the last.
they get worse as they go along.

The Police Academy's of the horror genre? :lol: