Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

bedorca 3rd September 2008 09:33 PM

I guess I am a really lucky guy then

Did I mention that my wife won us a city break in Madrid for 2 today by listening to the radio?

<I'll shut up now>

Sarah@Cult Labs 3rd September 2008 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reaper72 (Post 13176)
Need to brainwash him Sarah....;)

I'm trying...

So far... Nothing...

:headbang:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 3rd September 2008 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bedorca (Post 13177)
I guess I am a really lucky guy then

Did I mention that my wife won us a city break in Madrid for 2 today by listening to the radio?

<I'll shut up now>

Pick up some nice uncut dvds in Madrid mate....

bedorca 3rd September 2008 09:37 PM

Nice one Reaps

I 'll keep my eyes open :)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 3rd September 2008 09:40 PM

Spanish tile manfacturers are always wanting me over for an all expenses paid visit to see their new 'state of the art factory' in Castellon.....think they'd be chuffed if I asked them to take me to a dvd shop?:rofl:

Halloween_22 3rd September 2008 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarahw1984 (Post 13162)
Everyone buys rubbish DVDs for me. It's as if telling people you're a horror fan gives them a licence to buy you really bad films as presents. The amount of times I've ended up with pants DVDs that have blatantly cost a quid in some bargain bin as a birthday present while the giver smiles smugly saying "Well, we knew you like horror..."

I get that aswell Sarah. Personally I don't mind though :D I like watching those cheap shitty films (now and again, couldn't hack it all the time) they're good for a laugh with a few beers if nothing else.

Sarah@Cult Labs 4th September 2008 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halloween_22 (Post 13189)
I get that aswell Sarah. Personally I don't mind though :D I like watching those cheap shitty films (now and again, couldn't hack it all the time) they're good for a laugh with a few beers if nothing else.

I didn't mind the first few (million) times it happened. It was afterwards when I started getting repeated copies of stuff like Halloween Camp and Freak :ack: That's when it started bugging me!

Halloween_22 4th September 2008 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarahw1984 (Post 13202)
I didn't mind the first few (million) times it happened. It was afterwards when I started getting repeated copies of stuff like Halloween Camp and Freak :ack: That's when it started bugging me!

LOL, that would be pretty annoying, after all, it's not like they can give you the receipt so you can get it changed. It wouldn't even be worth the effort, what are you gonna get for a quid? :D

Funny you should mention Halloween Camp. I was looking for this recently as I only have the second one ('Scream if you wanna die faster') and it turns out it goes for some pretty silly money now. There's a couple of brand new copies for sale on amazon going for just under 40 quid :eek: If you've got multiples of it bang them up for sale, you might be onto a nice little earner there ;)

vipco 4th September 2008 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarahw1984 (Post 13162)
Haha, he's not being ungrateful, Reaps!

Everyone buys rubbish DVDs for me. It's as if telling people you're a horror fan gives them a licence to buy you really bad films as presents. The amount of times I've ended up with pants DVDs that have blatantly cost a quid in some bargain bin as a birthday present while the giver smiles smugly saying "Well, we knew you like horror..."

It's not as if I give people a bottle of Tesco Value bubble bath for their birthday going. "Well, I know you like baths..."

:mad:

OK, rant over.

That is so true Sarah.
Happened to me plenty of times.

Halloween_22 4th September 2008 10:16 AM

Watched two British films last night. Jake West's Evil Aliens and re-watched Alex Chandon's Cradle of Fear (As it's been a good few years since my last viewing). Two of the goriest films I've seen in a long time, thoroughly enjoyed them both. Definatley recommended if you haven't seen them.