Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179626Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd April 2017, 08:01 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Split (2016, M Night Shimalayan )
Seriously ... how does this guy get away with it? Quite compelling up to 'the reveal'
which is telegraphed a country mile off anyway. Not as funny either as The Visit. Funny aftertaste though ....

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 23rd April 2017, 08:11 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Split (2016, M Night Shimalayan )
Seriously ... how does this guy get away with it? Quite compelling up to 'the reveal'
which is telegraphed a country mile off anyway. Not as funny either as The Visit. Funny aftertaste though ....
The phrase one hit wonder always springs to mind with this chap, a blind man can see the reveal coming a mile away in his movies.
Demoncrat and keirarts like this.
Old 23rd April 2017, 08:12 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Last Dragon (1985)
And where's this film been all my life??
A descriptive passage would only sully this finest of batshit crazeee genre splicing.
They couldn't have gone any further if The Great One had turned up at the end ...

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 23rd April 2017, 09:48 PM
Cult Acolyte

Addams Family Values. A new baby in the family brings with it a new nanny, who has marital and murderous sights on Uncle Fester. The sequel to the first Addams Family movie is probably actually slightly better than the first, not least thanks to the subplot in which Wednesday (Christina Ricci, as deadpan perfect as ever) and Pugsley are sent to summer camp. The number of recognisable faces in (mostly) tiny roles in this is through the roof, too, including Peter MacNicol as the camp camp leader, David Hyde Pierce, Tony Shalhoub, a very young Mercedes McNab (Harmony in Buffy and Angel), Frasier's agent from Frasier and Chandler's boss from Friends! Good fun.
Old 23rd April 2017, 09:56 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by iank View Post
Addams Family Values. A new baby in the family brings with it a new nanny, who has marital and murderous sights on Uncle Fester. The sequel to the first Addams Family movie is probably actually slightly better than the first, not least thanks to the subplot in which Wednesday (Christina Ricci, as deadpan perfect as ever) and Pugsley are sent to summer camp. The number of recognisable faces in (mostly) tiny roles in this is through the roof, too, including Peter MacNicol as the camp camp leader, David Hyde Pierce, Tony Shalhoub, a very young Mercedes McNab (Harmony in Buffy and Angel), Frasier's agent from Frasier and Chandler's boss from Friends! Good fun.
Her 'grin' still quite chilling ....
Justin101, keirarts and iank like this.

[B]
Old 23rd April 2017, 09:58 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Gold (2016)

*** out of *****

Demoncrat, keirarts and trebor8273 like this.

In-depth analysis on horror, exploitation, and other shocking cinema @ Cinematic Shocks
Old 24th April 2017, 07:50 AM
Cult Addict

Frankenstein's Army
found footage movie set during the end of WW2, the story focuses on a squad of red army soldiers who set out to find a missing squadron, what they find are nazi zombie robots. it starts off dull, but once the zombots appear it gets great.
Dr Frankenstein also steals the show when he appears.
7/10
Old 24th April 2017, 03:37 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Lake Mungo. Thought more could have been done with the premise of this one. Decent enough fake 'true story' told through various documentary scenes and found footage montages about the death of a teenage girl and her subsequent 'haunting' of her family. Not very scary, not very thrilling, not very imaginative, but as i seem to offend someone every time i don't rate a movie very highly, 4 out of 5 stars!
Old 24th April 2017, 03:43 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
but as i seem to offend someone every time i don't rate a movie very highly, 4 out of 5 stars!
Ha'ha, i'm going to crucify Michael Reeves' The Sorcerers in a little while so i'll join you in the naughty kids corner.
Old 24th April 2017, 04:31 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Ha'ha, i'm going to crucify Michael Reeves' The Sorcerers in a little while so i'll join you in the naughty kids corner.
Funnily enough, I wasn't too keen on this one the first time I saw it. I found it a bit of a boring, jumbled mess. However, subsequent viewings have made me come to appreciate it a lot more.

Like this? Share it using the links below!