Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree179038Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th May 2017, 07:59 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Rodan.

a mine collapses and floods, release so maggot beasties that start killing the local villagers, but matters soon get worse when Rodan appears and goes on a rampage of destruction the military fight it with all their might but another Rodan appears and they fly off, they are tracked back to the village in which they were first found and are hiding at nearby volcano, the military attack setting off the volcano and killing the poor wee beasties. 7.5/10

Transformations

Wolfgang (Rex Smith best knowing for streehawk) a space pirate/smuggler is travelling in his ship, when one night a hideous creature disguised as a beautiful woman has sex with him and leaves, not long after his ship crashes on a mining/prison planet.

on the planet trouble is brewing and Wolf is changing into something, and the urge to infect and kill the local prostitutes, while this is going on a prison break is brewing and the local priest (Patrick Macnee) seems to know whats going on and it seems that the love of the prison doctor is the only thing that can save wolfgang. sadly not a lot happens until the last five minutes when the prison break happen and they escape and Wolfgang goes on a killing spree that last all of five minutes before he is killed by the doctor by conveniently placed flamethrower, but her love brings him back and he crawls out of its remains(all very elm street 2) 5/10

Beast From 20000 fathoms.

made the year before Godzilla its not hard to see this must of had some influence on it, as story wise its very similar, here the beast is awoken by nuclear test in the arctic and once awake sets its sites on San Francisco. The real star here are ray harryhausen effects. 8/10

Next up The Blob (1988)

Last edited by trebor8273; 4th May 2017 at 08:16 PM.
Old 4th May 2017, 08:39 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Watched Liquid Sky (1982, Slava Tsukerman)

Stuck this on after posting that picture. What a film. Pretentious is not a word I use a lot (how could I?? ) but seriously I either never noticed it before or whatever, but this was made by a Russian in New Yoik in the early 80s, a time when shall we say the place was awash with 16mm maniacs

Margaret is a model. Adrian is a singer (). Paul is, well, Paul is a junkie, as most of them are tbh. So when a tiny alien ship lands onto their roof, shit gets weird as they say.
Look, I sat through Begotten and Melancholie Der Engel in the same night, so you can say my tolerance for overarching concepts is somewhat higher that most, yes?
Still.....
Probably a brilliant satire of the club scene of the time (outsider viewpoint and all that)...it's just that they are all such vacuous cnuts, so I cared less whether they survive.....).
Violence, sex, drugs, the worst Grace Jones impersonation to sear my ears and eyes (fae the wee quine from Alice Sweet Alice ....sweet young thing aint sweet no more etc)
Ahem.
Recommended.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 4th May 2017, 10:26 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Troll II

Blimey!
Old 4th May 2017, 10:29 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
Troll II

Blimey!
Does shit blow up?
Old 4th May 2017, 10:31 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Does shit blow up?
Haha! Have you seen it? It is bloody bonkers.
keirarts and nosferatu42 like this.
Old 4th May 2017, 10:33 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
I haven't seen either Troll film.

nor have i seen a Leprechaun film. I must be some sort of 'ist' towards height disadvantaged movie villains.
Old 4th May 2017, 10:35 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
A film. You literally cannot stop watching it. In a day and age when bloody Shawshank is considered a "cult" film This is a reminder that high grade nuttiness can be a good thing.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 4th May 2017, 10:39 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
I've not seen the first one but knew the second by reputation. It turned up on Netflix earlier in the week. High trash of the worst kind. I was impressed.
Old 4th May 2017, 10:47 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
I've not seen the first one but knew the second by reputation. It turned up on Netflix earlier in the week. High trash of the worst kind. I was impressed.
Troll is a good classic movie, it's another one that a remake in pipeline by original director
Old 4th May 2017, 10:59 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:

nor have i seen a Leprechaun film. I must be some sort of 'ist' towards height disadvantaged movie villains.
No knowledge needed (UK disc has both anyhow...)
T2 (HA!) is a true hoot.
Leprechaun, Rumplestiltskin meh.

[B]

Like this? Share it using the links below!