Like Tree179030Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th May 2017, 03:20 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
I think it was more to do with them being in a panic and then getting assaulted by the mysterious hooded figures leading them to run back into the 'safety' of the hospital to join the others.
Some of the decision making made Camp Crystal Lake councilors look like master strategists.
Old 7th May 2017, 03:24 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Some of the decision making made Camp Crystal Lake councilors look like master strategists.
I definitely think there needs to be some sort of social experiment that subjects random cross-sections of the general populace to these kind of scenarios to see how they react in order for film-makers to create more realistic high-stress / high-threat scenarios based on real data. A better use of tax payer money if ever I saw one.
Old 7th May 2017, 03:32 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Still think it's a better film than most of the recent horrors, but I did say in my review the other week that it would divide people
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 7th May 2017, 04:42 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
to be fair remember i really like lost boys and prefer life-force to Texas chainsaw massacre and new horror that people have raved about, the witch, it follows and the babadook etc were ok at best. so people should take my advice with a grain of salt.
Nah, stick to your guns mate. If you like it, you like it.

I thought it was pretty shite myself, but then again i like Blade Trinity and Legion, so who gives a monkeys.
Old 7th May 2017, 05:00 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
Nah, stick to your guns mate. If you like it, you like it.

I thought it was pretty shite myself, but then again i like Blade Trinity and Legion, so who gives a monkeys.
I too like Blade Trinity and Legion.

Legion is the best roadside diner set horror i've seen. Although Reeker wasn't bad either.
keirarts likes this.
Old 7th May 2017, 05:09 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Lucy (2014)

Scarlett Johansson joins director Luc Besson in a surreal action packed, drug fueled action fest. Morgan Freeman does his best to narrate proceedings but nothing could prepare him for Scarlett walking on the ceiling.

Makes the Crank films look restrained. Total bollocks, but fun!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lucy-main.jpg (92.2 KB, 4 views)
Old 7th May 2017, 05:55 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Lucy (2014)

Scarlett Johansson joins director Luc Besson in a surreal action packed, drug fueled action fest. Morgan Freeman does his best to narrate proceedings but nothing could prepare him for Scarlett walking on the ceiling.

Makes the Crank films look restrained. Total bollocks, but fun!
See I've been meaning to remark on your review of The Void, all afternoon but not had five mins til now. I've yet to watch the Void but was quite surprised to read your thoughts Dem purely because I think it's the first negative comments I'd read on a film I was looking forward too. Then I read your thoughts on Lucy, and remember yet again how great films are at eliciting completely different reactions from different viewers. I thought Lucy was the cinematic equivalent of one of Gags posts.
Old 7th May 2017, 06:24 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
I thought Lucy was the cinematic equivalent of one of Gags posts.

If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 7th May 2017, 07:07 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
See I've been meaning to remark on your review of The Void, all afternoon but not had five mins til now. I've yet to watch the Void but was quite surprised to read your thoughts Dem purely because I think it's the first negative comments I'd read on a film I was looking forward too. Then I read your thoughts on Lucy, and remember yet again how great films are at eliciting completely different reactions from different viewers. I thought Lucy was the cinematic equivalent of one of Gags posts.
oy oy
bleakshaun likes this.
Old 7th May 2017, 07:08 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
oy oy
I bet even Lucy cleans her room.

Like this? Share it using the links below!