Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree179473Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th May 2017, 10:29 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I loved the Towering Inferno since first seeing it as a kid.
Have you read the books?
Old 16th May 2017, 10:32 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
Have you read the books?
No i haven't. Who wrote it? When you say books does that mean there are a few or just a slip of the keyboard?
Old 16th May 2017, 10:51 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
No i haven't. Who wrote it? When you say books does that mean there are a few or just a slip of the keyboard?
The tower by Richard Martin Stern

The glass Inferno by Thomas Scortia and Frank Robinson
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 17th May 2017, 10:54 AM
Cult Addict

Killjoy (2000)
Low budget horror movie set in da hood, a young man has a crush on a girl going out with a gangbanger, he gets beaten and tries to use voodoo to summon his toy clown killjoy, nothing happens and then he gets shot by the gangbanger. a year later and killjoy appears to kill the gangbanger and his homeboys and then take revenge on the guys love.
how this got sequels i have no bloody clue. i only bought this as a blind buy for £0.49 so to be honest i got my moneys worth . the acting is fine, terrible cgi, only one set of boobs, no dongs (unfortunately). one thing i don't get is why when ever someone teleports they look like they are about to do a sprint (unless they are trying to run from the set).
5/10 because i'm a generous person
Old 17th May 2017, 11:02 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleakshaun View Post
Killjoy (2000)
Low budget horror movie set in da hood, a young man has a crush on a girl going out with a gangbanger, he gets beaten and tries to use voodoo to summon his toy clown killjoy, nothing happens and then he gets shot by the gangbanger. a year later and killjoy appears to kill the gangbanger and his homeboys and then take revenge on the guys love.
how this got sequels i have no bloody clue. i only bought this as a blind buy for £0.49 so to be honest i got my moneys worth . the acting is fine, terrible cgi, only one set of boobs, no dongs (unfortunately). one thing i don't get is why when ever someone teleports they look like they are about to do a sprint (unless they are trying to run from the set).
5/10 because i'm a generous person
I have it and a sequel on a cheapo two film dvd. It's practically unwatchable as far as horror entertainment goes.

No idea why 88 Films would release a box set of them.
trebor8273 and bleakshaun like this.
Old 17th May 2017, 11:04 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
I have it and a sequel on a cheapo two film dvd. It's practically unwatchable as far as horror entertainment goes.

well it's done by full moon (presumably the sequels are, the first one only has charles bands name as producer). so guessing because of that
Old 17th May 2017, 11:08 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
well it's done by full moon (presumably the sequels are, the first one only has charles bands name as producer). so guessing because of that
They are dreadful, even by Full Moon standards.
bleakshaun likes this.
Old 17th May 2017, 11:11 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
i think that's the reason i bought, surprised they haven't released dollman vs demonic toys on blu no less
Old 17th May 2017, 11:57 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
I quite enjoyed the first one, but I think my favourite was actually the fourth: Killjoy Goes to Hell.
bleakshaun likes this.
Old 17th May 2017, 12:00 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Killjoy (2000)
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Agreed, the first one is poor, and the second one is even worse, but something happened after them, and when you get to both 'Killjoy 3' and 'Killjoy Goes To Hell' you get two films that are highly enjoyable and recommended

Here is my review from earlier in this thread - March 2016:

"So, still needing my afternoon nap, I decided to have a go at the 88 Films 'Killjoy Collection'

The first film, 'Killjoy' (2000) is 70 minutes about a ciller klown. It's bottom of the barrel, but it kept my interest

This is followed by 'Killjoy 2: Deliverance From Evil' (2002), which is an awful movie. With a run time just shy of 80 minutes, it seems to be around the 75 minute mark before Killjoy actually shows up! It is not a good film. Oh, in the original, the eponymous villain was played by Angel Vargas, now he is played by Trent Haaga (who went on to write 'Deadgirl' and 'Toxic Avenger 4' amongst other movies). 'Killjoy 2' is a very poor film

After a break of 8 years, 'Killjoy 3' was released (2010), and after the hideous movie that was part 2, I wasn't expecting very much...but time is a great healer, and this was a very good film. Killjoy is back with some new chums (Punchy, Freakshow and Batty Boop [who must save a fortune on washing powder, because she is naked throughout the film, just wearing body paint]). This film features college students being dragged thru a mystic mirror onto another dimension - a not particularly novel idea admittedly, but an agreeable timewaster

Killjoy returned in 'Killjoy Goes To Hell' (2012), where he is on trial in Hell for failing to be scary. Again, it is a surprisingly good film"

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty

Like this? Share it using the links below!