Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

vipco 4th September 2008 05:42 PM

I give my missus a list of 4 DVD's plus the money for 1 as thats all I could afford this week, as she was going into town today . I couldn't go as im currently having problem's with my legs.

First preferences was Night Trains and Killers Moon and I added Deep Red and Mother of Tears in case my preferences weren't in stock , as she only had time to go to HMV and Night Trains is rarely in stock so I wasn't to hopeful ,hence the list, as I wanted something .

Only Mother of Tears was on the shelf in the horror Section, so she got me that.
What a pathetic Horror Section we have in Belfast HMV., pathetic .
She did see The Fog original on BluRay. ( one of my fav's) in stock though.

So Mother of Tears was the last DVD I bought.

bedorca 4th September 2008 05:58 PM

Always been a bit reluctant to watch those two (Evil Aliens and Cradle of Fear) H22

Now a fellow Shamelessist (is that a word?) like yourself has heartily recommended them I will endeavour to seek and watch!!!

Gotta keep that British end up .......... ooer

Sam 4th September 2008 09:54 PM

Picked up A Bucket of Blood from the pound shop and really enjoyed it, especially all that Beatnick-speak!! Anything past its 65 minutes running time and it might have outstayed its welcome though!

Also watched Death Carries a Cane - a pretty nifty giallo which would make a great Shameless release.

Halloween_22 4th September 2008 10:39 PM

Not seen 'Late Night Trains' yet Vip's? If not your in for a treat ;) I re-watched it at the weekend. Fantastic film, beats 'Last House' hands down IMO. The scenes in the train carriage are seriously nasty and the revenge is far more realistic. I liked how it was more of a spontaneous outburst of violence rather than the planned out attack in Last House, much more realistic and definatley more effective (again IMO :D). Shameless's transfer is stunning aswell (as always). You wouldn't think you were watching a film from the 70's.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bedorca (Post 13241)
Always been a bit reluctant to watch those two (Evil Aliens and Cradle of Fear) H22

Now a fellow Shamelessist (is that a word?) like yourself has heartily recommended them I will endeavour to seek and watch!!!

Gotta keep that British end up .......... ooer

Go for it Bedorca mate. They're fairly low budget but there's enough Gore, violence, sex and sickness between the two of them to keep anyone happy :D (not to mention they both star the very lovely Emily Booth :p)

Hope you like them.

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 5th September 2008 11:50 AM

I watched BATTLE ROYALE again (!) last night! That film is probably the best film I've seen in AGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEESSSSSSS! LOL! It's just so good and quite emotional too. What can I say but:

I LUV IT! ;)

I haven't seen the 2nd one however as I heard it is crap. Also I am so glad that Hollywood decided to put the remake on hold - they would have RUINED this film - just like almost every other film they 'remake'! :)

vipco 5th September 2008 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halloween_22 (Post 13263)
Not seen 'Late Night Trains' yet Vip's? If not your in for a treat ;) I re-watched it at the weekend. Fantastic film, beats 'Last House' hands down IMO. The scenes in the train carriage are seriously nasty and the revenge is far more realistic. I liked how it was more of a spontaneous outburst of violence rather than the planned out attack in Last House, much more realistic and definatley more effective (again IMO :D). Shameless's transfer is stunning aswell (as always). You wouldn't think you were watching a film from the 70's.

Go for it Bedorca mate. They're fairly low budget but there's enough Gore, violence, sex and sickness between the two of them to keep anyone happy :D (not to mention they both star the very lovely Emily Booth :p)

Hope you like them.

Not yet H , as its alway's outta stock when I go in to town.

I'll pre order it next time if its not in stock though as i've been after it for to long now.
I just hate the way HMV make you pay the full price up front to pre order , then 'forget' to phone you when it comes in.
Last DVD I pre ordered I heard nothing after 10 days, so I phoned then to inquire and they told me it had been sitting in their store for a week.
The thought of 1 of the most precious DVD's gathering dust in a store room for a week put me off pre ordering.

I'll definenitly get it, or get it pre ordered next time I can get into town.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 5th September 2008 05:08 PM

LATE NIGHT TRAINS is one of Shameless's finest hours Vip's.....;)

gax 5th September 2008 06:11 PM

just got cannibal ferox ultrabit tin box excellent quality but should be for the price i payed for it ?35 :ack:

vipco 5th September 2008 06:24 PM

What extras is on it gax.? ( Ferox )
Hope you enjoy it mate, happy viewing.

35 - 50 are the standard price for Ferox & Holocaust in a shop in Belfast that does imports.

Looking forward to it Reap's ( Trains ).
If all goes well I should have it or have it preordered sometime within the next 10 day's.
I should be ok to go into town by then.
Its top of my 'to get' list, marked 'urgent'.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 5th September 2008 06:35 PM

Does he know he can get royally screwed by the fuzz for selling imports?