Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179482Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th June 2017, 06:55 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Never seen Stitches because I'm not a fan of Ross Noble, I'm guessing it's worth a watch then?
For the record, I've only seen Clown once, but I did enjoy it
keirarts likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 11th June 2017, 06:56 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

A group of mercenaries steal 3 million dollar's and force a pilot and his daughter to help them esacpe , one of their number double crosses them and esacpes with the money, they set out to hunt him down and recover the money. But soon becomes apparent that they have bigger problems than a double cross and stolen money. Creepy with some good kills but another film I don't understand why is in the slasher collection, just like children of the corn films and dead of winter. I don't count it as a slasher 7/10

Now watching Possession.
Old 11th June 2017, 07:17 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
I also watched Clown recently and didn't think it was as good as Stitches.
I'm the same, but the difference in quality and enjoyment between them is small; I really enjoyed Clown.
Frankie Teardrop likes this.
Old 11th June 2017, 07:47 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Stitches is ridiculous. How it got made i'll never know.
keirarts likes this.
Old 11th June 2017, 08:02 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
Stitches is ridiculous. How it got made i'll never know.
In a good way or bad way?

Last edited by trebor8273; 11th June 2017 at 08:22 PM.
Old 11th June 2017, 09:23 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Can't really count this as a straight out horror its more of a psychological and domestic drama with horror element's. It starts with the deterioration of a marrage and as the film goes on a decent into madness for both parties. As the film moves on it all becomes more and more surreal and disturbing as we find the wife is having multiply affairs and possibly with some strange creature. Fantastically shot and great use of the city its shot in which gives a great sense of desolation. Fine acting from both leads. No way that a film like this should of been included in the video nasty list. The scifi film that the director did called the silver globe looked very lntresting from what was showing in the extras, shame it was never finished. 10/10

Now watching
Attached Images
File Type: jpg download-42.jpg (5.2 KB, 47 views)
Old 11th June 2017, 10:19 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

The Shinjuku Incident (2009)

Jackie Chan stars as Steelhead, an illegal immigrant in Tokyo, who after a series of run-ins with the Yakuza, rises to power as the Don of Chinese illegal immigrants.

Ultra violent mob war thriller in which Chan plays against type and uses no martial arts whatsoever. Feeling like China's answer to Film Noir The Shinjuku Incident mixes family affairs with gang warfare giving you a set of characters you care about thus making it all the more shocking when the brutal violence erupts.

One of the best Jackie Chan films in years, a real breath of fresh air thanks to the lack of comedy.

Recommended.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 581985bc214cb.jpg (46.6 KB, 8 views)
Old 11th June 2017, 10:28 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Centurion (2010)

***1/2 out *****

In-depth analysis on horror, exploitation, and other shocking cinema @ Cinematic Shocks
Old 12th June 2017, 01:15 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
The Shinjuku Incident (2009)

Jackie Chan stars as Steelhead, an illegal immigrant in Tokyo, who after a series of run-ins with the Yakuza, rises to power as the Don of Chinese illegal immigrants.

Ultra violent mob war thriller in which Chan plays against type and uses no martial arts whatsoever. Feeling like China's answer to Film Noir The Shinjuku Incident mixes family affairs with gang warfare giving you a set of characters you care about thus making it all the more shocking when the brutal violence erupts.

One of the best Jackie Chan films in years, a real breath of fresh air thanks to the lack of comedy.

Recommended.
Love this film, Chan is great playing against type in a serious role.
Old 12th June 2017, 06:55 AM
Cult Addict

The mummy (2017)

There's a good film somewhere in the mummy, or maybe just an acceptable one. Sadly layers of 'universe building' and Tom Cruise in a role clearly not written for Tom Cruise means the end result is a bizarre mess that probably torpedo's Universals stupidly titled Dark universe. Lets be fair here, they had the monsters cross over back in the original monster cycle, however at this point the studio had run out of things to do with the characters and they would be soon giving Abbot and costello some of their best films.
The mummy has some grim appeal to it. I found myself unintentionally chuckling and in fairness they don't drag the thing out for two and a half hours like Batman v Superman, so while it has some similarities to BVS given the choice I'd probably watch the mummy. All it really leaves is the question, how the hell did they get Tom Cruise in this $120 million B-movie car crash? My theory, secret gay videos.

Like this? Share it using the links below!