Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree179046Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th June 2017, 09:11 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
Didn't know that!
i'm pretty sure i seen the trailer for it a while ago.
keirarts likes this.
Old 15th June 2017, 09:52 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
The Devils 1971

17th century France Father Grandier protects the city of Loudon but is accused of witchcraft.

This is a extraordinary brilliant maybe disturbing movie and still remembered after 40 years after its release and finally released as uncut. 10 out of 10.
Have I missed something?

Has the 'Rape Of Christ' sequence been re-instated??

I know that Shudder ("The Home Of Horror") have been streaming the film, claiming it was the full and uncut version, when it was actually presenting the original US theatrical release, which is the shortest available version!

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 15th June 2017, 10:22 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
Have I missed something?

Has the 'Rape Of Christ' sequence been re-instated??

I know that Shudder ("The Home Of Horror") have been streaming the film, claiming it was the full and uncut version, when it was actually presenting the original US theatrical release, which is the shortest available version!
Longest legal version is the BFI release as far as i'm aware that misses out the rape of christ. There are some dodgy bootlegs out there where someone reinserted the scene however I do not endorse this sort of thing and legal is better. It should at least show Warners that the demand is there. Hell, they should just licence the whole thing to a boutique label and wipe their hands of the film if it bothers them so much.

#freethedevils
Old 15th June 2017, 10:35 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleakshaun View Post
is officer downe the film done by Shawn Crahan from Slipknot?

It is indeed
Demoncrat, keirarts and bleakshaun like this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 15th June 2017, 11:57 AM
Cult Addict

Watched Attack of The Giant Leeches
Our story starts in a local hillbilly commune where a moonshine swiller sees some sort of creature in the local lake. later on he's found dead and more people go missing. it's up to an enviroment cop (i don't even know what he is), a scientist and his daughter to figure.
This isn't too bad a film, it's a great laugh. acting is there, hardly scary and the giant leeches are genuinely ridiculous. there is a a scene where you can clearly see them picking up someone and placing them in a cave.
5/10
Old 15th June 2017, 02:53 PM
Active Cultist

Long Weekend, 1978. 6,5/10

Long Weekend, 2008. 5/10 {remake of above}

Pool Party Massacre, 2017. 7/10

Shimmer Lake, 2017. 7,5/10

Pinwheel, 2017. 4,5/10

Story was all over the place, felt uncomfortable. A lot of dark scenes and inane dialog. Gore was good and the idea of this movie was cool but this was just structured all wrong.

Winter's Bone, 2010. 7/10

Ditch Party, 2016. 6/10

Alien Covenant, 2017. 5/10

A bit boring. I prefer the Aliens to be on the ship. I figured out what was going to happen and why. Nothing impressed me.

Singapore Sling, 1990. 10/10

Old 16th June 2017, 07:44 AM
Cult Acolyte

The Long Goodbye. Elliott Gould is Philip Marlowe, a shambling private eye who begins looking into the death of a friend, apparently having committed suicide after murdering his wife. Good performances and well made (and an extra point for an early non-speaking screen appearance by none other than Big Arnie as a Mob heavy!) but curiously pointless and decidedly non-exciting early 70s detective story.
Old 16th June 2017, 09:38 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by iank View Post
The Long Goodbye. Elliott Gould is Philip Marlowe, a shambling private eye who begins looking into the death of a friend, apparently having committed suicide after murdering his wife. Good performances and well made (and an extra point for an early non-speaking screen appearance by none other than Big Arnie as a Mob heavy!) but curiously pointless and decidedly non-exciting early 70s detective story.
Yeah, it didn't really grab me either. I didn't find it involving and the film noir aspect didn't really work.
iank likes this.
Old 16th June 2017, 10:55 AM
Cult Addict

Bird with the crystal plumage

Seemed to be having some issues and felt horribly tired all afternoon. Put on Arrows release of this as I knew it wouldn't hurt if I fell asleep, which I did. What I can say is that this is probably the best the films looked for me.
Old 16th June 2017, 03:59 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Default Round up time.

Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer (2007)

For anyone craving a bit of fun superhero action this is a good place to start. Lacking the angsty misery of the Batman movies and not bogged down in the continuity of the Marvel universe, Rise of the Silver Surfer is just a rollocking good ride showcasing the feature film debut of one of comics greatest and coolest creations - The Silver Surfer.

Star Trek: First Contact (1996)

One of the better Trek movie outings and far and away the best to feature the Next Gen crew. The Borg part is brilliant but the Zefram Cochrane earth scenes that end in first contact with the Vulcan race feel a bit of a chore to sit through and slow things down to a snails pace. Still endlesly watchable though.

Countess Dracula (1971)

Hammer films take on the Countess Bathory legend is one of their duller outings. Little happens in the way of thrills and sadly lead actress Ingrid Pitt doesn't have the screen presence or acting ability to handle a lead role like this. Nigel Green wanders round wishing he was elsewhere as will you.

Like this? Share it using the links below!