LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th June 2017, 10:50 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
A slow death?

You mean he forces them to watch Doctor Who?
keirarts, trebor8273 and Deadite like this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 25th June 2017, 12:15 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosferatu42 View Post
What happens if he touches them slowly?
He probably gets done for indecent assault lol
keirarts and nosferatu42 like this.
Old 25th June 2017, 02:01 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

I think what you're all trying to say is he Makes Them Die Slowly.
Old 25th June 2017, 02:29 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Body Puzzle (1992)

A rather poor later giallo from Lamberto Bava, a director who should know better. Coming across like amateur hour, the film is riddled with both editing and continuity errors. Watch the toilet cubicle murder. It's awful. The victim whose arm is grabbed under the cubicle switches from side to side and the killer is outside the cubicle, then in the next cubicle, seriously it's really poorly edited. There's also a murder in a swimming pool where a man is repeatedly stabbed to death. There's no blood in the water at all. Then of course there's the freezer sequence... honestly it's just inept rubbish.

I first saw Body Puzzle on vhs and thought it poor. The passage of time can change your mind though, but in this case it's just as bad as i remembered and makes films such as Argento's The Card Player and Giallo seem like masterpieces of the genre.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 40265_1_large.jpg (32.3 KB, 5 views)
Old 25th June 2017, 06:01 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Resident Evil: The Final Chapter (2016)

And so this record breaking video game horror franchise comes to an end and thankfully everything is pretty much sewn up in a satisfying conclusion.

The only other film in the series that is multi referenced is the 2002 original, both in plot terms and in fan pleasing references to past events namely the corridor of automated grid traps.

The film begins with a huge set piece and in true video game fashion never lets up from beginning to end. It's a pop corn thrill ride where characterization gives way to action. In fact the only ones with any depth are Milla Jovovich's Alice and Iain Glen's satisfyingly evil Dr Isaacs. The rest including Ali Larter's Claire Redfield are hastily fashioned cardboard cut outs.

Come the end, the Umbrella Corporation is liquidized, a T-virus cure is airborne and Alice sets off on another journey as a voice over is heard

"When the T-virus spread across the Earth, it did so at the speed of the modern world, carried by jetliners across the globe. The antivirus is airborne, spread by the winds. It could take years for it to reach every corner of the Earth. Until then, my work is not done. My name is Alice."

Final installment or not. If you enjoy the Resident Evil films then this is recommended, but for non-fans it isn't likely to win you over.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Resident_Evil_The_Final_Chapter_poster.jpg (67.1 KB, 6 views)
Old 25th June 2017, 06:59 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Resident Evil: The Final Chapter (2016)

And so this record breaking video game horror franchise comes to an end and thankfully everything is pretty much sewn up in a satisfying conclusion.

The only other film in the series that is multi referenced is the 2002 original, both in plot terms and in fan pleasing references to past events namely the corridor of automated grid traps.

The film begins with a huge set piece and in true video game fashion never lets up from beginning to end. It's a pop corn thrill ride where characterization gives way to action. In fact the only ones with any depth are Milla Jovovich's Alice and Iain Glen's satisfyingly evil Dr Isaacs. The rest including Ali Larter's Claire Redfield are hastily fashioned cardboard cut outs.

Come the end, the Umbrella Corporation is liquidized, a T-virus cure is airborne and Alice sets off on another journey as a voice over is heard

"When the T-virus spread across the Earth, it did so at the speed of the modern world, carried by jetliners across the globe. The antivirus is airborne, spread by the winds. It could take years for it to reach every corner of the Earth. Until then, my work is not done. My name is Alice."

Final installment or not. If you enjoy the Resident Evil films then this is recommended, but for non-fans it isn't likely to win you over.
I've yet to see this or the previous instalment. I'll be looking to pick the complete boxset up soon as it drops a bit.
keirarts likes this.
Old 25th June 2017, 07:01 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
I've yet to see this or the previous instalment. I'll be looking to pick the complete boxset up soon as it drops a bit.
The previous one is easily the pick of the series in my opinion.
Justin101 and keirarts like this.
Old 25th June 2017, 09:11 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Golden Years (2016, John Miller)
More fun than We Still Steal The Old Way. Plucky pensioners accidentally find a solution to austerity.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 25th June 2017, 09:42 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Friday Foster (1975, Arthur Marks)
The Grier plays a shutterbug who stumbles into a conspiracy that reaches the upper echelons. Crammed with incident and many familiar faces, tis one of Pam's better films imho.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 25th June 2017, 10:32 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Danger Tomorrow (1960)

A doctor and his wife (Robert Urquhart and Zena Walker) move into an old house near a country practice. Walker begins to have strange ESP like visions as she realizes her life will be soon under threat.

An enjoyable chiller that veers into old dark house territory as well as being a compelling crime mystery. It's well acted and guaranteed to keep you guessing as to how events will pan out.

Another solid B-picture from Network that looks and sounds gorgeous with a terrific full screen print 1:66:1.

Recommended to those who like their British cinema to be full of dark deeds.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kgwdkrsv.jpg (85.1 KB, 62 views)

Like this? Share it using the links below!