LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29th June 2017, 03:35 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
Orange is the New Black season 5 has been amazing, although every episode was pushing 60 minutes meaning it's taken up 13 hours of film watching time
To use the common vernacular, true dat!
Justin101 likes this.
Old 29th June 2017, 03:41 PM
Cult Veteran

Have you watched them all yet Nos?

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 29th June 2017, 04:03 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
Have you watched them all yet Nos?
Yeah, and I thought it was a brilliant season. Since then, I've watched the second season of Supergirl and I'm either going to watch the latest season of Archer or begin watching CarnivĂ*le from the beginning. However, that's for another thread!
Justin101 and keirarts like this.
Old 29th June 2017, 05:29 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Murderlust-anyone who thought Death Proof was talkative ain't seen nothing yet!

keirarts likes this.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 30th June 2017, 11:13 AM
Cult Addict

Watched The Green Inferno
The story centres on a group of uni students going to the amazon to protest against the deforestation, they succeed but o the plane to leave they crash and are taken by a local indigenous tribe. one by one they get picked off and eaten.
The 1st 40 minutes are boring as hell, just a bunch of assholes trying to be cool. however when the plane crashes and they get taken by the tribesmen, it picks up. it's not a great horror movie but at the same time; it's not the worst. there is however one great moment where the cannibals get stoned that makes you laugh, but at the same time it's not enough to bring this film up.
5/10
Old 30th June 2017, 12:54 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

The Crow (1994)

Director Alex Proyas take on James O Barr's seminal graphic novel is a dark and surreal journey into a fatalistic noir like cityscape where it seems to rain eternally.

A rock musician, Eric Draven, (a tragic role for Brandon Lee who was accidentally shot and killed on set) and his girlfriend are murdered by a sleazy gang lead by Michael Wincott. Thanks to the supernatural powers of the titular bird, Draven is resurrected and lead by the crow on a bloody trail of revenge.

In truth the plot is nothing special but the film works superbly thanks to a superb Gothic atmosphere of decaying city streets that when mixed with frenetic but neatly composed editing and powerful action scenes together with Proyas' brilliant neo-noir directing style (Which would reach it's zenith four years later with Dark City) and a cool industrial rock soundtrack, result in a film that defined a generation of moody alt-rock youths.

That the film still stands up some twenty odd years on is testament to all involved and is up there with Blade Runner when it comes to neo-noir.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg crow_ver2.jpg (30.3 KB, 5 views)
Old 30th June 2017, 05:09 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Angels Hard As They Come (1971, Joe Viola)

Don't all stampede to the exit ... it's nae a early Jeff Stryker film.
Scott Glenn is befriended by a very competitive bunch of bikers
An odd troupe this ... rape is alrighty but swearing is out
Recommended even if this GMVS dvd is not of Criterion standard

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 30th June 2017, 09:39 PM
Cult Acolyte

Outbreak. A deadly African virus gets loose in a small US town, prompting an army lockdown as scientists desperately try to find an antidote before the contagion spreads. Dustin Hoffman leads an all star cast (Rene Russo, Morgan Freeman, Kevin Spacey, Donald Sutherland, Cuba Gooding Jr) in this glossy mid 90s Hollywood take on the global epidemic scare. Entertaining enough, but the film bogs itself down with its unnecessary "military conspiracy" subplot (with Sutherland chewing every piece of scenery he can find), which feels a bit silly and distracts from the far more interesting (and scary) virus plot.
Old 1st July 2017, 06:11 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by iank View Post
Outbreak. A deadly African virus gets loose in a small US town, prompting an army lockdown as scientists desperately try to find an antidote before the contagion spreads
The scene in the movie where the characters are in a cinema and someone has a coughing fit, spreading the disease, was quite disturbing for those of us who saw the film at the flicks when it was first released!

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 1st July 2017, 07:56 AM
Cult Acolyte

I know, I was one of them!

I actually went to the cinema the other week, was standing in line and heard this elderly couple request tickets for the same film I was going to go see. Then the old woman started coughing and spluttering and hacking her lungs up.

I decided to rent something from the video shop instead.
Demoncrat and keirarts like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!