Like Tree179414Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th July 2017, 01:16 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinematic Shocks View Post
My favourites of the franchise along with New Nightmare. The rest of the series is meh.
All the series is meh!
Old 17th July 2017, 02:20 PM
Cult Veteran

I went to see War for the Planet of the Apes yesterday. Has anyone else been to see it yet? I'm surprised that no-one has mentioned it yet.

It's an interesting film, for the majority of it there is no spoken dialogue, out of the apes only Caesar can speak like humans, the rest communicate only with sign language. I think this posed a problem for a lot of the audience, quite a lot of children looked bored, it's not a movie geared towards a family outing. Instead, it's a serious film for adults. A revenge story, a story of morals and a story of insanity.

We've come a long way in motion capture and CGI. At points you forget that the apes aren't real but just pixels from a computer. The actors help this though, their expressions are recorded and used in the animation giving the characters life. Andy Serkis and Steve Zahn being standouts as Caesar and Bad Ape respectively. Although Woody Harrelson excels playing an actual real life human, The Colonel.

Worth seeing if you're a fan of series, this being the last of the prequel trilogy ends where the original 60s film begins. I really enjoyed it and would recommend it to fans of ...the Apes and jungle war films!

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 17th July 2017, 03:54 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I went to see War for the Planet of the Apes yesterday. Has anyone else been to see it yet? I'm surprised that no-one has mentioned it yet.

It's an interesting film, for the majority of it there is no spoken dialogue, out of the apes only Caesar can speak like humans, the rest communicate only with sign language. I think this posed a problem for a lot of the audience, quite a lot of children looked bored, it's not a movie geared towards a family outing. Instead, it's a serious film for adults. A revenge story, a story of morals and a story of insanity.

We've come a long way in motion capture and CGI. At points you forget that the apes aren't real but just pixels from a computer. The actors help this though, their expressions are recorded and used in the animation giving the characters life. Andy Serkis and Steve Zahn being standouts as Caesar and Bad Ape respectively. Although Woody Harrelson excels playing an actual real life human, The Colonel.

Worth seeing if you're a fan of series, this being the last of the prequel trilogy ends where the original 60s film begins. I really enjoyed it and would recommend it to fans of ...the Apes and jungle war films!
Yes saw it Friday, the best of the bunch for me . Harrelson was excellent as a unlikable and flawed human being but you felt some sympathy towards him. But the stand out was the amazing motion capture performances , Sarkis was absolutely amazing and deserves the praise he getting for the role, don't expect him to get an Oscar for it but he should get some sort of recognition for it. For me i rank it up there with the original 9/10
Old 17th July 2017, 04:16 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinematic Shocks View Post
My favourites of the franchise along with New Nightmare. The rest of the series is meh.
to be honest it has almost been 5 years since i've watched any of the nightmare on elm street films
keirarts and Cinematic Shocks like this.
Old 17th July 2017, 04:31 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleakshaun View Post
to be honest it has almost been 5 years since i've watched any of the nightmare on elm street films
I watched the original not long after Wes Cravens passing, and i was surprised to find it quite average. Certainly wasn't the masterpiece i remember from my teens.
keirarts likes this.
Old 17th July 2017, 04:33 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
I watched the original not long after Wes Cravens passing, and i was surprised to find it quite average. Certainly wasn't the masterpiece i remember from my teens.
i ended up watching the scream movies after hearing about his passing
Old 17th July 2017, 04:37 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleakshaun View Post
i ended up watching the scream movies after hearing about his passing
I watched Elm Street a few weeks later. The night he died i picked Deadly Blessing to watch.
Old 17th July 2017, 08:12 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Great horror involving people going missing on the London underground and some inbred cannibals. Donald pleasence steals the shows as a typical 70s copper with Christopher Lee in a minor role as a rival of pleasence. Blue underground have done a stunning job with the restoration. Mind the doors! 8.5/10

Now watching Grosse Pointe Blank.
Old 17th July 2017, 09:02 PM
Cult Veteran

IMG_0771.JPG

In memory of George.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 17th July 2017, 09:13 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
Attachment 192659

In memory of George.

Just finished watching Day of the Dead for the very same reason
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!

Like this? Share it using the links below!