Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree179447Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29th March 2010, 11:14 AM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Very true Vince.The film works perfectly well without the scene.
Old 29th March 2010, 11:26 AM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

The old TV showings were complete, and featured both the Beatles track and the cinema cut (Caine & Dorleac tussling).
Old 29th March 2010, 02:32 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper72 View Post
Yesterday's movie marathon consisted of;

FOUR FLIES ON GREY VELVET-One of Argento's best,now that I've sat and watched it-that ending is the operatic of macabre

I had a quick scan through my Four Flies On Grey Velvet dvd and was wondering,is that really Michael Brandon's voice on the english soundtrack? His voice doesn't even sound the same as it did on Dempsey & Makepeace.
Old 29th March 2010, 07:23 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojirosan View Post
A very under-rated flick, I reckon. Wish there was a full ratio version of it around. I have an oft-watched 4:3 pan & scan on Boulevard I got for £1 from a charity shop. It's great fun even in such cropped form!
I totally agree. Mine's the same version. I picked it up second hand for a few coins as well. Cool soundtrack. I am unapologetically the type of person that usually has some fun with most films that have zombies of whatever description in, however.

Which brings me too Survival of the Dead, which I watched last night and thought was good fun.
Old 29th March 2010, 11:41 PM
Grindhouse Project Co-ordinator

In preperation for watching Dead Beat at Dawn I watched 3 of Jim Van Bebber's short films.

Roadkill: The Last Days of John Martin

A Texas Chainsaw esque short about a lunatic who kills people that he picks up from the roadside.

My Sweet Satan

A 20min mocumetry about a drug addled satan worshipper. The doumenty style really adds to the reality of this at one point I forgot that it wasnt actually real.

Chunk Blower

A promo trailer for a film that was never made about a pick up truck driver who slaughters people who break down on the road.

All of these films have a very distinct style and astmosphere. The violence is extreme and gory. Now I cant wait to see Deadbeat at Dawn as I havent read a bad review. After that I'll probably also get hold of his 2003 film The Manson Family.

Deat Beat at Dawn Trailer

Manson Family Trailer

Old 29th March 2010, 11:46 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

anyone seen haunting in conneticut? lol
not a very liked movie but I enjoyed it at cinema.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 30th March 2010, 12:08 AM
Cultist in Training

Send a message via MSN to Basketcase

The last movie i saw in the cinema was last saturday when i saw kick-ass overall i thought it was a very good movie and has to be the second decent comicbook movie ive ever seen. For a 15 rated movie i was suprised how violent kick-ass was in addition to that kick-ass is also very funny.
Old 30th March 2010, 03:28 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekromantik View Post
anyone seen haunting in conneticut? lol
not a very liked movie but I enjoyed it at cinema.
I quite enjoyed the movie ... not quite The Amityville Horror, but still better than a lot out there in a similar vain.

Old 30th March 2010, 03:33 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Last night I managed to get down to watching:

"Pontypool"

My first impressions, based on the first hour were very promising. The film reminded me of a cross between NOTLD and TCM 2 (the zombie virus and the radio station relaying the live happenings). However, when the apparant cause of the virus began to come clear (based on the characters theory at least), I felt the movie became incredibly silly and kind of a let down. I won't spoil it for any one yet to see it, but I think the writer should have took the traditional route of infection of victims. It's not that I wouldn't recommend it, because it is a very interesting little movie, but I feel it went in the wrong direction.

Oh, and when you do watch it, make sure you stay until the end of the credits ... what the hell was going off there!!?!?!?!?
Old 30th March 2010, 03:37 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioZombie View Post
In preperation for watching Dead Beat at Dawn I watched 3 of Jim Van Bebber's short films.
I watched some of Jim's film when Deadbeat first came out all those years ago .... and found them grim and depressing and not in an entertaining way! I was a little more open minded to very low budget films back then, and I am not sure I could stomach them at all these days.

Like this? Share it using the links below!