Like Tree179616Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th September 2017, 07:53 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleakshaun View Post
Watched The Witch last night.
The film begins with a family getting banished from their community, so they leave and create a new life outside a forest, the mother becomes pregnant and gives birth to her 5th child, who sadly gets taken by a witch and sacrificed, as the film progresses through the family and their relationships between each other breaks down.
I thoroughly enjoyed this, especially considering the accurate use of dialect, even the kids do it. One thing that makes this film work is how the horror elements are not heavy. Great performances all around and definitely worth watching.
9/10

Sent from my MediaPad T1 8.0 Pro using Tapatalk
There is just something about it. 5 times now for me. Enjoy and glad you enjoyed!! Let the coven ( rhyming with oven ) increase!!!
Ahem.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 10th September 2017, 07:56 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Like a few above, went to see It today.
The film opens with Georgie and his boat and the first encounter with Pennywise and well you'll know the rest. It focuses on a group of social outcasts who band together to stop It from feeding of the children of Derry.
From that specific scene with Georgie at the beginning you are immediately aware that this is nothing like the TV movies.p, in terms of violence and overall tone. The cast is great for the most part, however Richies character unfortunately wears thin after a while with all the sex jokes he makes which gets tedious after a couple of them. But that's not important. What is important is that Bill Skarsgard does a fantastic job of playing Pennywise, despite not being humorous which doesn't detriment his portrayal (personally I still have love for Tim Curry more). Overall one of my favorite films of thos year.
9/10

That scene with Georgie shocked a lot of people in the audience and at that moment I knew it would be nothing like the TV show.
keirarts and bleakshaun like this.
Old 10th September 2017, 08:24 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

A few good men 1992

Two Marines are accused of murder that were given orders to do it.

I'm not a big Tom Cruise fan but this is one of his best performance as Daniel Kaffe Naval Lawyer who looks like he is fresh out of school. Jack Nicholson stars as the tough ruthless Colonel Jessep based in Cuba who believes he is untouchable. From start to finish the movie is interesting well worth the watch. 10 out of 10.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg A_Few_Good_Men_poster.jpg (30.0 KB, 4 views)
Old 10th September 2017, 09:26 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
The cast is great for the most part, however Richies character unfortunately wears thin after a while with all the sex jokes he makes which gets tedious after a couple of them.

He's like that all the way through the book and every time he says something inappropriate the gang says "beep beep Richie" which for some reason was omitted from this script so when Pennywise said it to Richie in the Niebolt Street house it jarred a little and didn't make sense!

Richie is one of my favourites in the gang though, him and Beverley.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 10th September 2017, 10:04 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Just watched I Saw The Devil again. Whilst slotting in the last 16 Asian purchases ...the spine loomed into focus .... and I do like my hammer scenes A masterful, moving and abso flipping lutely VIOLENT film. Recommended if not seen.

Was going to follow this with the Eraserhead BD I borrowed .... but have been distracted by Lynch One in the extras.... this ranking with the interview on Inland Empire as 'prime Lynch'

Or

Zen and the Art of Audience Manipulation

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 10th September 2017, 10:08 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Just watched I Saw The Devil again. Whilst slotting in the last 16 Asian purchases ...the spine loomed into focus .... and I do like my hammer scenes A masterful, moving a VIOLENT film. Recommended if not seen.

Was going to follow this with the Eraserhead BD I borrowed .... but have been distracted by Lynch One in the extras.... this ranking with the interview on Inland Empire as 'prime Lynch'

Or

Zen and the Art of Audience Manipulation
I Saw the Devil is a modern day masterpiece, the film I haven't seen a while – it's been too long.

I can't remember much about Lynch One – is that the documentary that features interviews and footage of him assembling furniture or windchimes?
Demoncrat and keirarts like this.
Old 10th September 2017, 10:16 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
He's like that all the way through the book and every time he says something inappropriate the gang says "beep beep Richie" which for some reason was omitted from this script so when Pennywise said it to Richie in the Niebolt Street house it jarred a little and didn't make sense!

Richie is one of my favourites in the gang though, him and Beverley.
This, to me, is the heart of the problem with King adaptations ... as so much of what makes his writing memorable, for good or bad, is the detail he injects into his stories. Which can get lost in cinema's broad strokes by and large . So picking and choosing bits just makes the fans stand up and proclaim loudly "They cockadoodie cheated!!!" Whilst nonplussing civilians ...
Just saying .....

[B]
Old 10th September 2017, 10:24 PM
Cult Veteran

Lynch One is fantastic viewing by the way. I recommend it to my flat mate this morning haha. I'll be getting The Art Life tomorrow as well.
Demoncrat and keirarts like this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 10th September 2017, 10:25 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I Saw the Devil is a modern day masterpiece, the film I haven't seen a while – it's been too long.

I can't remember much about Lynch One – is that the documentary that features interviews and footage of him assembling furniture or windchimes?
He's prepping for IE in Lynch1.
That's the Empire interview ...
keirarts likes this.

[B]
Old 10th September 2017, 10:45 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Savage (2011)

A decent cast - Tony Becker, Martin Kove and Lisa Wilcox elevate this Bigfoot saga into 'better than it deserves' territory. In truth the film hinges on the performances because the bad old Bigfoot is barely on screen until the final minutes as the film plays with genres and doesn't know if it should be a conservation drama about forest fires first and a horror film second.

When alls said and done, along with Snowbeast (1977) and the excellent Abominable (2006), Savage is one of the better simian folklore horror films of the last forty years.

Like this? Share it using the links below!