Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179627Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th September 2017, 10:46 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Deadly Breed

A cabal of neo nazis headed by a police captain kill recent non white ex cons recently released from jail...rather slow moving after a great beginning of neo nazis training camp footage where everyone looks like Rob Halford doing a guest spot on the old Gay Exchange adverts. These Nazis love leather and a big moustache. A bleeding heart liberal probation officer with a sex starved wife blows shit up and murders all the Nazis at the end. Not as good as it could have been with way too much talk of equality and new starts inbetween the action.

However, the main baddie likes to play the piano in what looks like a black nappy in a room full of candles, dry ice and mirrors with a weird orgasmic look on his face and for that alone, highly recommended.
Old 15th September 2017, 10:47 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Noted D! Isn't Tyrone the father of Romina Power from Franco's Justine (1969)?

The Hunting Party (1971, Don Medford)
Oliver Reed steals Gene Hackman's wife in order for her to teach him to read. About as insane a 'western' as Warlock ... this has to be seen, allowing for the period it is a film with a nasty tone right from the shocking opening montage, as Hackman swears bloody revenge and how. Post Peckinpah is the best way to describe these shenanigans.
Yes. But i didn't know that until you told me. He was also married to Linda Christian from a wonderful little horror called The Devil's Hand.

When you mention Warlock do you refer to the excellent Fonda / Widmark film?
keirarts likes this.
Old 15th September 2017, 10:50 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
Deadly Breed

A cabal of neo nazis headed by a police captain kill recent non white ex cons recently released from jail...rather slow moving after a great beginning of neo nazis training camp footage where everyone looks like Rob Halford doing a guest spot on the old Gay Exchange adverts. These Nazis love leather and a big moustache. A bleeding heart liberal probation officer with a sex starved wife blows shit up and murders all the Nazis at the end. Not as good as it could have been with way too much talk of equality and new starts inbetween the action.

However, the main baddie likes to play the piano in what looks like a black nappy in a room full of candles, dry ice and mirrors with a weird orgasmic look on his face and for that alone, highly recommended.
You should watch Sons of Anarchy.

Marilyn Manson plays a neo-Nazi fond of prison buggery with a penchant for stabbing people in their throat. (Stabbing with a blade that is).

Last edited by Demdike@Cult Labs; 15th September 2017 at 11:01 PM.
Old 16th September 2017, 02:43 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Card Player 2004

A police woman teams up with a interpol officer to track and find a killer who kidnaps and torture his victims over the Internet during a card game.

This is Argento's murder/thriller type movie with a twist as always. From his previous movies this has very little gore but does offer a lot of tension and edge of your seat, this is a perfect cat and mouse movie.

In most of Argento's movies there is one or two non Italian main actors in his movies, this time it's Liam Cunningham's turn to star as the interpol agent. 8 out of 10.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 71OxkYSPWmL._SY445_.jpg (48.6 KB, 5 views)
Old 16th September 2017, 09:28 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Yes. But i didn't know that until you told me. He was also married to Linda Christian from a wonderful little horror called The Devil's Hand.

When you mention Warlock do you refer to the excellent Fonda / Widmark film?
Yes. If I mean the 80s film .... I will say so

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 16th September 2017, 03:39 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Hellraiser III: Hell on Earth (1992)

**1/2 out of *****

In-depth analysis on horror, exploitation, and other shocking cinema @ Cinematic Shocks
Old 16th September 2017, 04:00 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Frankenstein Vs Baragon (1965, Ishiro Honda)
Toho strikes again. Featuring the silliest looking creature I have seen yet from this esteemed studio. Scientists tamper with things that man should leave well alone. In due course people pay the cost as a beastie with a glowing horn rampages around a mini Japan. Recommended to Toho fans....

68 Kill (2017, Trent Haaga)
Recognise that name? Troma? Keep that in mind. Ever fantasised about having a Fergie lookalike for a girlfriend?? Be careful what you wish for. When I say that this is reminiscent of After Hours .... this is only part of the story.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 17th September 2017, 11:29 AM
Cult Addict

Robot Jox
Set in a future where after nuclear war has devastated mankind the world powers decide to war illegal. Instead they use giant robots to settle disputes. The story focuses on Achilles - a pilot or Robot Jox as they're called - who is on his final fight against Alexander for sovereignty over Alaska. When an accident leaves hundred dead, Achilles quits fighting to live a normal life but is instead deemed a coward.
Stuart Gordon's low budget sci fi flick is alright. Some great stop motion and effects, story is decent enough, however there was potential to make it more satirical, especially with the pregnancy propaganda in the background or one sequence where Achilles family is all excited for having real meat which is just a sausage. ultimately if you're looking for darkly humorous dystopian sci-fi then you'd be better just watching Robocop. But if you're just looking for something stupid and fun. I would suggest checking it out.
7/10

Sent from my MediaPad T1 8.0 Pro using Tapatalk
Old 17th September 2017, 12:04 PM
Cult Veteran

Wild At Heart (1990)

A memorial rewatch of Wild At Heart, a film I haven't seen since the 90s. Loads of fun, great soundtrack, great bit parts from a whole slew of Lynch regulars and Cage running on 11 for the whole duration

Hopefully I wont leave it another 20 years before I watch it again

Did anyone else have a Harry Dean Stanton memorial viewing last night, if so what did you all watch?

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 17th September 2017, 12:20 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I am watching Paris, Texas tonight.

[B]

Like this? Share it using the links below!