I agree with everything in this video:

gag and Make Them Die Slowly like this.
Old 8th October 2017, 04:02 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I agree with everything in this video:

Bay is a modern day master of exploitation ruthlessly seeking the baseline in cinema and culture. I personally think this is a noble cause, giving the masses exactly what they didn't know they needed. Had he been making films in the 60s he would have been a David Friedman style chancer wacking out T&A flicks for the hicks. God bless him and his films and Megan Fox bending over.
J Harker likes this.
Old 8th October 2017, 04:12 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
Bay is a modern day master of exploitation ruthlessly seeking the baseline in cinema and culture. I personally think this is a noble cause, giving the masses exactly what they didn't know they needed. Had he been making films in the 60s he would have been a David Friedman style chancer wacking out T&A flicks for the hicks. God bless him and his films and Megan Fox bending over.
There are a few key differences between the two men: David Friedman didn't fetishise the military or require hundreds of millions of dollars to make brainless franchise films.
Old 8th October 2017, 04:30 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
There are a few key differences between the two men: David Friedman didn't fetishise the military or require hundreds of millions of dollars to make brainless franchise films.
I am not saying he did, I am saying Bay is a huckster exploitation genius. The content of his films are irrelevant to his understanding of what makes money from the rubes who put bums on seats. I am a fan of the act of exploitation in the making and selling of films, what the films are about doesn't really concern me.
Old 8th October 2017, 04:35 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
I am not saying he did, I am saying Bay is a huckster exploitation genius. The content of his films are irrelevant to his understanding of what makes money from the rubes who put bums on seats. I am a fan of the act of exploitation in the making and selling of films, what the films are about doesn't really concern me.
If you are looking for the cinematic equivalent of a snake oil salesman or PT Barnum, then I guess Michael Bay fits the bill as well as anyone.
Old 8th October 2017, 04:43 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
If you are looking for the cinematic equivalent of a snake oil salesman or PT Barnum, then I guess Michael Bay fits the bill as well as anyone.

He is indeed. It is great, I love that side to exploitation films. Sadly most people think exploitation cinema is an actual genre rather than a hardcore capitalist way of making bucks and films.
Old 8th October 2017, 05:44 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

A true classic that is as much fun the first time as it is the hundredth time,the film that made Ford a megastar. 10/10
Old 8th October 2017, 06:19 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
He is indeed. It is great, I love that side to exploitation films. Sadly most people think exploitation cinema is an actual genre rather than a hardcore capitalist way of making bucks and films.
The sad thing is that there are numerous directors of films which would be classified as 'exploitation' who are more talented filmmakers than Michael Bay and with much more to say through their films. Russ Meyer's films are more interesting, and the same would go for Herschell Gordon Lewis, Jack Hill, Doris Wishman, David F. Friedman, Frank Henenlotter…

Even Eli Roth, Quentin Tarantino, Robert Rodriguez, Alexandre Aja, Paul Verhoeven, Takashi Miike and Peter Strickland have made numerous films that could be classified as exploitation.
Old 8th October 2017, 06:35 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
The sad thing is that there are numerous directors of films which would be classified as 'exploitation' who are more talented filmmakers than Michael Bay and with much more to say through their films. Russ Meyer's films are more interesting, and the same would go for Herschell Gordon Lewis, Jack Hill, Doris Wishman, David F. Friedman, Frank Henenlotter…

Even Eli Roth, Quentin Tarantino, Robert Rodriguez, Alexandre Aja, Paul Verhoeven, Takashi Miike and Peter Strickland have made numerous films that could be classified as exploitation.

Doris Wishman a talented film maker with something to say! Are you on the beer early Nos?

Like this? Share it using the links below!