Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree112387Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #43841  
Old 10th October 2017, 11:36 AM
Ex-member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SymbioticFunction View Post
the full-length cut of Batman v Superman
Why is the full-length cut only availible on Blu ray but not on DVD? Only the theatrical cut is.
keirarts likes this.
Reply With Quote
  #43842  
Old 10th October 2017, 11:41 AM
SymbioticFunction's Avatar
Seasoned Cultist
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Chichester, UK.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSurfer View Post
Why is the full-length cut only availible on Blu ray but not on DVD? Only the theatrical cut is.
No idea. It's a shame as the added 30 mins improves the film. I think the same thing happened with Watchmen.
keirarts likes this.
__________________
Neil Harrison.

65" Panasonic 4K television and 6.1 sound.
Reply With Quote
  #43843  
Old 10th October 2017, 11:49 AM
Ex-member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SymbioticFunction View Post
No idea. It's a shame as the added 30 mins improves the film. I think the same thing happened with Watchmen.
Yeah considering there are more DVD owners than Blu ray!!
Reply With Quote
  #43844  
Old 10th October 2017, 12:15 PM
Nosferatu@Cult Labs's Avatar
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: The Cave of Caerbannog
Blog Entries: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SymbioticFunction View Post
Wonder Woman (2017)

Quite underwhelmed by this if I'm being honest. Considering all of the highly positive reviews. Lead actress gives a good performance but the writing and the praised female direction is pretty darn average. I'd probably still award a grudging 7/10 - will sell off at Cex today. It's not a popular opinion but I personally thought that the full-length cut of Batman v Superman (which of course, also featured Wonder Woman) was a substantially better film.
I haven't seen Batman v Superman, but I haven't heard anything positive about it yet. When I saw it at the cinema, I thought Wonder Woman was very well written, directed and performed by the entire cast, and am seriously contemplating picking up the Ultra HD Blu-ray release.
keirarts likes this.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #43845  
Old 10th October 2017, 12:44 PM
Ex-member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I thought Wonder Woman was very well written, directed and performed by the entire cast, and am seriously contemplating picking up the Ultra HD Blu-ray release.
Which will include the Epilogue: Etta's Mission scene not shown in cinemas and will not be included on the DVD Grrrrrrrrrrrrr
keirarts likes this.
Reply With Quote
  #43846  
Old 10th October 2017, 12:57 PM
Nosferatu@Cult Labs's Avatar
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: The Cave of Caerbannog
Blog Entries: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSurfer View Post
Which will include the Epilogue: Etta's Mission scene not shown in cinemas and will not be included on the DVD Grrrrrrrrrrrrr
It's not very fair on consumers, actually not at all, but maybe it's a good time for you to upgrade to high definition.
keirarts likes this.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #43847  
Old 10th October 2017, 01:03 PM
Ex-member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
but maybe it's a good time for you to upgrade to high definition.
Which means I am being forced to buy something I do not need just to watch some films that are different in content to DVD.
keirarts likes this.
Reply With Quote
  #43848  
Old 10th October 2017, 01:22 PM
Nosferatu@Cult Labs's Avatar
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: The Cave of Caerbannog
Blog Entries: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSurfer View Post
Which means I am being forced to buy something I do not need just to watch some films that are different in content to DVD.
I meant in relation to the sheer number of films which have had high definition remasters in recent years, now with vastly superior picture and sound quality to their standard definition counterparts.

Whether you want to 'double dip' or upgrade from DVD to Blu-ray on some of your favourite titles is up to you, but taking advantage of new releases from across the board and buying BDs instead of DVDs will benefit you if you have the AV equipment and physically able to see and hear the difference.
keirarts and trebor8273 like this.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #43849  
Old 10th October 2017, 01:37 PM
SymbioticFunction's Avatar
Seasoned Cultist
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Chichester, UK.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I haven't seen Batman v Superman, but I haven't heard anything positive about it yet.
It actually has quite a few fans. The darker in tone, 30 min longer cut really improves the film. Well worth a look imo, especially at the cheap price the blu-ray now sells for. It's no Suicide Squad!
keirarts, sjconstable and Dave Boy like this.
__________________
Neil Harrison.

65" Panasonic 4K television and 6.1 sound.
Reply With Quote
  #43850  
Old 10th October 2017, 01:45 PM
Nosferatu@Cult Labs's Avatar
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: The Cave of Caerbannog
Blog Entries: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SymbioticFunction View Post
It actually has quite a few fans. The darker in tone, 30 min longer cut really improves the film. Well worth a look imo, especially at the cheap price the blu-ray now sells for. It's no Suicide Squad!
I thought Suicide Squad was dire, so may take a punt on Batman v Superman if I can find a cheap BD somewhere.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply  

Like this? Share it using the links below!

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



Our goal is to keep Cult Labs friendly. If you feel discouraged from posting by certain members' behaviour then you can e-mail us in complete confidence.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
All forum posts are contributed by members of the site; Cult Labs cannot take responsibility for all content posted on the site. If you have an issue with content posted on the site please click the 'report post' button.
Copyright © 2014 Cult Laboratories Ltd. All rights reserved.