Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

nekromantik 8th April 2010 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaxaca (Post 72508)
Audition is bonkers :p (Miike knows how to freak his audience out THATS for sure!)

Its a good movie but the first half kinda drags till the actual torture scene.
Ichi is messed up from the start however its a diff kinda movie :lol:

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 8th April 2010 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phats (Post 72507)
Labyrinth which was terrific but doesn't really fit in with the other movies I watched.

Funny that - I watched that film last night! What are the chances?! :laugh: Great film!

mazon2709 8th April 2010 01:38 PM

Unborn with Gary Oldman -Average a couple of good jump scenes (the wife found it a bit nerve wracking!) :eek:

Gojirosan 8th April 2010 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vincenzo (Post 72510)
Good film but it needled me a bit. :D

:dance::lol:

vincenzo 8th April 2010 02:43 PM

Parts of it were quite hard to pin down. :heh:

(I'll stop now. I can feel your pain)....... :madgrin:

pedromonkey 8th April 2010 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvdvds (Post 72523)
Funny that - I watched that film last night! What are the chances?! :laugh: Great film!

we Had Labyrinth on a loop in work to show the upscaling of dvd on a hd TV, must have seen that film hundreds of times, it was also wriiten by a python and has one of the greatest 80s movie soundtracks this side of the Streets Of fire one...

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 8th April 2010 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 72558)
we Had Labyrinth on a loop in work to show the upscaling of dvd on a hd TV, must have seen that film hundreds of times, it was also wriiten by a python and has one of the greatest 80s movie soundtracks this side of the Streets Of fire one...

Couldn't agree more. I thought it was just a nostaligic thing with me watching it, growing up, but it seems everyone luvs the film. I watched it last night as I'm using it for an essay (masculinity in musicals - the androgynous Bowie - what could be better?!). I'm also trying to get Attack Of The Killer Tomatoes, The Forbidden Zone and Jessie's dance sequence in Nightmare On Elm Street II
:pound: :pound:

The fireys or whatever they're called (the ones with the removable heads etc) are my fav, easily.

gag 8th April 2010 02:53 PM

I think labyrinth is a gr8 family film
Thought id watch remake of death race 2000
original is a good little film but deffo dated to watch
quite enjoyed the reamke not a bad film
Now just going to watch rollerball original

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 8th April 2010 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 72562)
I think labyrinth is a gr8 family film
Thought id watch remake of death race 2000
original is a good little film but deffo dated to watch
quite enjoyed the reamke not a bad film
Now just going to watch rollerball original

Ah I've only seen a bit of the Death Race remake on sky and thought it was great fun (what I saw off it). Balls to the wall action! Unlike the Rollerball remake which was terrible, I thought. Have you seen that remake, gag? :)

Gojirosan 8th April 2010 03:00 PM

I think Labyrinth is a truly exceptional film.

I once had a theory it was all about Sarah's first period...but I forget the details of that critique now! :lol: