Old 1st November 2017, 04:57 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
The Witches 1990
I love most of the film, but hate the ending which is so different from the beautiful way Roald Dahl finished his novel.
keirarts and MrBarlow like this.
Old 1st November 2017, 07:50 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSurfer View Post
Psycho?
Black Christmas?
I thought Psycho was more psychological than a slasher/horror, Black Christmas is more based in a house, but Halloween is more suburban and Murders happening in different areas of the street rather than one place.
keirarts likes this.
Old 1st November 2017, 09:08 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
I thought Psycho was more psychological than a slasher/horror, Black Christmas is more based in a house, but Halloween is more suburban and Murders happening in different areas of the street rather than one place.
Your point. I guess Psycho and Black Christmas set the template for single location slasher films, but Halloween was, along with A Bay of Blood, something which created the template or the 'stalk 'n slash' films which would follow with films like Friday the 13th, The Burning, A Nightmare on Elm Street and Prom Night in the 1980s.
keirarts, bleakshaun and MrBarlow like this.
Old 1st November 2017, 09:13 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
Your point. I guess Psycho and Black Christmas set the template for single location slasher films, but Halloween was, along with A Bay of Blood, something which created the template or the 'stalk 'n slash' films which would follow with films like Friday the 13th, The Burning, A Nightmare on Elm Street and Prom Night in the 1980s.
That's what I was thinking, just also with peeping tom

Sent from my MediaPad T1 8.0 Pro using Tapatalk
Old 1st November 2017, 09:18 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleakshaun View Post
That's what I was thinking, just also with peeping tom
Old 1st November 2017, 09:24 PM
Cult Addict

Satan's little helper.

MV5BNWNhNzcxOGUtNjkyNy00ZTUzLTg3YmQtNmQwNzMyMzZkZWIyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTAyODkwOQ@@._V1_UY268_CR3,0.jpg

I think Dem's banged on about this a few times so i thought i'd give it a shot, even though the cover didn't seem particularly enticing.
We follow a young kid who is obsessed with a handheld game called 'Satan's little helper'.
On Halloween his sister comes home from uni with a new boyfriend much to the kids dismay, storming off in a huff he decided to go and find Satan and become his helper.
Luckily he happens upon a killer in a mask that looks like the devil who is arranging his victims on their porches, thinking it's all a game the kid asks the killer to help and they go on a killing spree across town on Halloween night.

I really enjoyed this and think it will become a regular watch around Halloween.
Obviously quite low budget, at first the fact that Satan is in an obvious mask is a bit underwhelming but as the film goes on this becomes an asset, we know it's just a killer in a mask but the kid is oblivious and when he invites him into his home it get's quite tense.
There are a lot of fun scenes as well as the kid spouts "50 points" for a fresh kill ,and when 'Satan' takes him to the supermarket and gets weapons and candy ,then runs out without paying and proceeds to run into people with the shopping trolley while the kid rides inside cheering.

The kid plays the innocent psycho well and Satan (although mute throughout) is effectively creepy especially when he starts wearing a Jesus costume, leading to the great line, "Satan is Jesus".
The sister is hot although her English wench voice is appalling, and the mum is played by Amanda Plummer who gives a game and entertaining performance, there is also a couple of nice twists near the end.

Really enjoyed this so thoroughly recommended.
8/10

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.
Old 1st November 2017, 10:14 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I can't comment on Prom Night because I haven't seen it but with The Burning it show what joy a pair of garden shears can bring to a person
keirarts and nosferatu42 like this.
Old 1st November 2017, 10:18 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
I can't comment on Prom Night because I haven't seen it
You aren't missing much to be honest.
keirarts, trebor8273 and MrBarlow like this.
Old 1st November 2017, 10:21 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
I can't comment on Prom Night because I haven't seen it but with The Burning it show what joy a pair of garden shears can bring to a person
If you have trouble sleeping , prom night is a perfect cure, the second is well worth watching .
Old 1st November 2017, 10:28 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
If you have trouble sleeping , prom night is a perfect cure, the second is well worth watching .
I used to have the Network set of all the films and thought they were all quite poor.
keirarts and trebor8273 like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!