Like Tree179037Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th December 2017, 06:01 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
Thought you might enjoy this one Dem. I first saw it on the BBC aeons ago and I loved it too. The whole thing is very atmospheric and unnerving. I have the US dvd of this one.
It's one of those that you think 'Why haven't i seen it before?' but it's not a film that's readily available so to speak.
Justin101, Demoncrat and keirarts like this.
Old 8th December 2017, 06:10 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
It's one of those that you think 'Why haven't i seen it before?' but it's not a film that's readily available so to speak.
If you like the film and Rue Morgue magazine, you may be interested in this...

thumb_RM 173.jpeg
Old 8th December 2017, 06:25 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
If you like the film and Rue Morgue magazine, you may be interested in this...

Attachment 199724
I do like Rue Morgue. Is that the latest issue?

I haven't bought it for a couple of years as the indie newsagent near me that sold it shut down.
keirarts likes this.
Old 8th December 2017, 06:32 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I do like Rue Morgue. Is that the latest issue?

I haven't bought it for a couple of years as the indie newsagent near me that sold it shut down.
I think it's about three or so issues ago. I don't see it for sale in any newsagents anymore either, but it is available from Hemlock Books.
keirarts likes this.
Old 8th December 2017, 06:53 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

A Christmas Horror Story 2015

A Radio D.J (William Shatner) entertains his listeiners to some horror stories on christmas eve aswell as updating people on a crime at a shopping mall.

Three teens spend christmas eve in a empty school to document a story where the previous year two teens were found dead.

A couple with their son tresspass on private land to get a christmas tree but come back with something added.

Santa Claus has to defend himself when his elves become zombies, can he survive?

A family visit a distant relative and have to fight off and defend themselves from Krampus.

I found this film on Netflix, with the title i thought it be another cheesey movie, i was wrong, this is actually a decent film. filmed like a athology type but the segments are interwoven and come with a twist.

I wouldnt say this was a low budget horror, but does come with plenty gore and blood splats, there is also blended in from Shatner dark comedy humour.
This is definatly one for the dark night watch. 8 out of 10.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg main pic.jpg (13.4 KB, 4 views)
Old 8th December 2017, 07:52 PM
Cult Acolyte

BLACK CHRISTMAS
Bob Clark pre dates Carpenter's HALLOWEEN by a couple of years with this seasonal slasher creepy, involving a foul mouthed telephone stalker, who then proceeds to work his way through killing the Xmas household. But who is it and what are his motives. All will be revealed...or wìll it? Excellent seasonal scares.

THE WEREWOLF AND THE YETI
Paul Naschy stars ( and beds most of the women - natch ) in another of his long line of werewolf tales, this one culminating in a stand off between his wolf persona and a ridiculous looking yeti. Incredible to think this made the 'nasties' list back in the day. Did they actually watch these films?
Not being a great fan of werewolf movies ( I prefer Naschy's other horrors ) this is, I guess, fairly enjoyable in a trashy Naschy kind of way!
Old 8th December 2017, 08:13 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The films were just a convenient scapegoat.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 8th December 2017, 09:58 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
The films were just a convenient scapegoat.
Of course they were. The whole thing was ridiculous, which we knew at the time.
Demoncrat and keirarts like this.
Old 8th December 2017, 10:26 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Indeed. Still marvel at the bare faced cheek of The S*n 'giving away' Scanners, The Evil Dead years later.
keirarts likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 8th December 2017, 11:39 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Default Decemberdike

December 7th - The Man Who Changed His Mind (1936)

Teaming up future Bedlam (1946) stars Boris Karloff and Anna Lee for this British Gainsborough picture, The Man Who Changed His Mind is a highly accomplished sci-fi / horror thriller with Frankenstein style Gothic undercurrents.

Karloff's role of a once reputable scientist, now shunned by his peers, perfects brain transference techniques and... well you can imagine. Vengeance is on the agenda and minds are transferred with fervent glee.

Although the plot is daft as a brush it's all done so earnestly and acted so beautifully from a script with moments of biting wit that it really doesn't matter. Lasting just over an hour, The Man Who Changed His Mind is a classic mad scientist movie that will be under most people's radar.

Recommended.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg manwho1.jpg (91.8 KB, 4 views)

Like this? Share it using the links below!