All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179616Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th December 2017, 12:17 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
Jumanji. Welcome to the jungle.

Ok, I'll admit with this one my sole reason for going to see this was Karen Gillen in crop top and shorts. I'm a sleaze. I admit it.

Ahem.
Its easily the most appealing thing about the trailer and the only reason I'm likely to watch it.
Old 28th December 2017, 12:22 PM
Cult Addict

Went last night to see that new Star Wars film that's out. Not bad. Bit long winded and a few dull patches. Some stupid plotting and seeming invention of Jedi abilities as it went along. Preferred Awakens if I'm being honest. Though neither are as good as Rogue One.
Old 28th December 2017, 12:51 PM
Ex-member

Quote:

Ok, I'll admit with this one my sole reason for going to see this was Karen Gillen in crop top and shorts. I'm a sleaze. I admit it.
Here she is with her stunt doubles in Hawaii.

Old 28th December 2017, 01:00 PM
Cult Addict

Showed my mum El Topo today, my mum's review is this: "ach it was alright; queer in a lot if bits and I had to leave the room at that branding sequence."
For me that's a 10/10

Sent from my MediaPad T1 8.0 Pro using Tapatalk
Old 28th December 2017, 02:13 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSurfer View Post

Oh my...
keirarts likes this.
Old 28th December 2017, 03:24 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:

I've already said how much I enjoyed this and I thought it was clever and self-aware, playing with cinema and video game tropes in an interesting and smart way.

It's probably worth saying that I'm probably all of the few people who didn't recognise the name Karen Gillan and it wasn't until I had seen the film and was looking for information and reviews online that I realised it was the same actress I've only previously seen with blue and purple skin in the Guardians of the Galaxy films and Oculus, where she had impressed but it had been so long I'd forgotten what she looked like!
keirarts likes this.
Old 28th December 2017, 03:34 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I've already said how much I enjoyed this and I thought it was clever and self-aware, playing with cinema and video game tropes in an interesting and smart way.

It's probably worth saying that I'm probably all of the few people who didn't recognise the name Karen Gillan and it wasn't until I had seen the film and was looking for information and reviews online that I realised it was the same actress I've only previously seen with blue and purple skin in the Guardians of the Galaxy films and Oculus, where she had impressed but it had been so long I'd forgotten what she looked like!
Forget Guardians, Nos. Karen IS Amy Pond.

Old 28th December 2017, 03:43 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Forget Guardians, Nos. Karen IS Amy Pond. [/CENTER]
Until I searched for Karen Gillan on Wikipedia, I had no idea that such a character existed. You have to remember I'm very new to Doctor Who and have only seen one episode.
Old 28th December 2017, 03:51 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Default Decemberdike

December 23rd - Let Us Prey (2014)

Held in a remote police station, a mysterious stranger takes over the minds and souls of everyone inside.

Liam Cunningham stars in this Scottish production that has more than a few nods to the Stephen King penned mini-series Storm of the Century (1999). Cunningham is always worth a watch and
Pollyanna McIntosh gives able support as a rookie police officer. Definitely worth a watch if you haven't seen the aforementioned King production.

Christmas Eve - Play Motel (1979)

A reporter and his girlfriend investigate deaths surrounding a hotel where several prominent people go to have sex.

This ever so pervy late entry into the giallo genre is formulaic yet fun. Although by this time there was nothing new to add to what had gone previously, Play Motel is an enjoyably sleazy murder mystery. The only downer was the title song (i think sung by Lovelock) which featured so often, in fact every time we went to said motel, that it became quite irritating.

Christmas Day - Nurse (2013)

A terrific way to see out Christmas Day.

Nurse is a delightfully sexy and gory black comedy about a young nurse (a beautifully deranged performance from Paz de la Huerta) who at night murders cheating men she comes across during the day, but becomes infatuated by another new nurse (Gorgeous Katrina Bowden) and goes off at the deep end when her advances are brushed off. Part slasher, part sexploitation but all fun. I really enjoyed this.

Boxing Day - The Mutilator (1984)

A teen who accidentally kills his mother with his father's gun is hunted down some years later at a beachside retreat by his deranged father. Like the earlier watched Blood Rage, The Mutilator is an indiependent regional production slasher, and whilst not quite as good (it lacks the non-stop pace of Blood Rage and at times is blotted by too much irrelevant chatter) still hits the spot in the twisted gore department.

December 27th - Rosso Sangue (1981)

Titled Absurd outside Italy and it certainly is. George Eastman returns as the seemingly unstoppable killer from the previous years Antropophagus, whose blood clots far faster than normal making him virtually unkillable even though throughout the film, priest Edmund Purdom tells everyone who'll listen 'You've got to shoot him in the head'. Wild OTT gore make this one of the more notorious video nasties, and unlike Antropophagus, it's also a decent watch thanks to a script that zips along and a monstrous performance from Eastman .
Old 28th December 2017, 05:29 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSurfer View Post

It's like something from a 1980's television quiz show:

Host: "Person number one. Will you please sign in?"
Person #1: "My name is Karen Gillan, and I once traveled thru time and space in a police box"
Host: "Person number two. Will you please sign in?"
Person #2: "My name is Karen Gillan, and I once traveled thru time and space in a police box"
Host: "Person number three. Will you please sign in?"
Person #3: "My name is Karen Gillan, and I once traveled thru time and space in a police box"
Host: "Thank you. Now contestants, which one is the real Karen Gillan who once traveled thru time and space in a police box?"
keirarts and trebor8273 like this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty

Like this? Share it using the links below!