All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179616Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th April 2010, 10:54 AM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper72 View Post
The Slayer is a little gem of a film and beggars belief that no one has given it a good digital going over!
Vipco gave it a good going over. With a baseball bat.
Old 10th April 2010, 11:29 AM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Finally got around to watching EDEN LAKE last night and all I can say is... WOW!

It's been a very long time since a movie has left me feeling emotionally drained. Highly recommended!!!
Old 10th April 2010, 08:41 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Evil Come, Evil Go (1972)

Just plain awful.
Old 10th April 2010, 09:06 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel View Post
Evil Come, Evil Go (1972)

Just plain awful.

Noooooooo...... Cheap, dirty, fun, camp, sleazy, cheeky Grindhouse fare with a wonderful lead character who's all Bibles and crucifix's but also all horny loins and big knives too.
Groovy. Not awful...Well yes, pretty awful. But still groovy!
Old 10th April 2010, 09:08 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPWNINJA View Post
Finally got around to watching EDEN LAKE last night and all I can say is... WOW!

It's been a very long time since a movie has left me feeling emotionally drained. Highly recommended!!!
Yeah its a very good british flick.
Prefer it to The Children.

Have you seen Iils??
Its similar to Eden Lake as in kids are attacking a couple. And its also like the strangers, altho you could say strangers was a rip off Iils exp they just changed killer kids to masked killers.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 10th April 2010, 09:53 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Watched two films today.

Started with Gory Gory Hallelujah - what an odd film. If you like Troma, then you'll luv this film! About a group of Jesus impersonators who are taken 'hostage' by a super-religious village. Oh and there's a midget Elvis impersonater. And zombies. Oh and it's a bit of a musical too! Lots of fun, over the top and very silly!

Then watched Phantom Of The Paradise - this was an awesome film! The music was great (Mr. Williams, oh yeah) and so was the story. Highly highly recommended! The rock song in the middle with Beef/The Undead is great!!!!
Old 10th April 2010, 10:16 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

i came across the Phantom of The Paradise buy complete accident and fell in love with it the minute it started....awesome film...
Old 10th April 2010, 11:45 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

First saw Phantom Of The Paradise at a late night cinema showing in the 80's. Tremendously entertaining film and great fun.
Old 11th April 2010, 02:13 AM
Active Cultist

Zombieland - brilliant mainstream film, fast paced, good fun and can't help but think about Nightmare City. Great stuff. The cameo was the worst part for me, I felt it slowed down the movie and was to much of an ass kiss that felt out of place. Other than that, awsome - alot of rewatch value.

Huasu (aka House) 1977 Japanese film with batshit crazy editing that flirts with lunacy and also genius. Classic Asian cinema. Wont be forgetting this one in hurry.
Old 11th April 2010, 11:42 AM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Night Of The Generals (1966)

In Nazi-occupied Warsaw a ripper-style serial killer is murdering and sexually disfiguring prostitutes. Police chief Omar Sharif discovers that the killer is an army general, and 3 possibles are suspected. Obsessive war hero Peter O'Toole, lascivious Charles Gray, and creepy bookworm Donald Pleasence.
Sharif is murdered after identifying the killer and his identity is never known. 20 years later in post-war Paris the killings start up again, and all 3 suspects are again on the scene. Can French detective Philippe Noiret identify the killer from old case files & evidence before he strikes again?

A flawed masterpiece. Brilliant cast (including Tom Courtenay, Coral Browne, the gorgeous Joanna Pettet, and Christopher Plummer as Rommel) and a superbly creepy Maurice Jarre score. Overlength and a totally irrelevant section concerning the anti-Hitler July plot bog the film down badly in the middle, and some of the incidental casting stretches credibility a bit (Harry Andrews, Gordon Jackson & John Gregson as Nazis?) - but the film builds up quite nicely to a splendid conclusion in modern day France. O'Toole is superb as always, and sharp eyes will spot Sacha Pitoeff (Argento's Inferno) and Howard Vernon (Jess Franco regular) in small roles.

Heavily cut for an 'A certificate in 1966 (which completely altered most of the relevance of the murders!) but now uncut as a 15. Highly recommended as long as you stay through the film's slower spots.

Like this? Share it using the links below!