Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

gag 12th April 2010 11:26 AM

Just fin watching untold story
Would have enjoyed it better if the actor was a tadge better, i mean the police what was that all about they made them act like simpltons at times and made keystone cops looks good, the transfer of the dialouge could have been better...accosionaly i barely read 1st word and it went of and sometimes mistakes like y did u kill his family .. why dud u kill his hemily or bastard become bustard very bad and clumsy

sgt harry 12th April 2010 11:57 AM

you never know

:laugh:maybe thats why its called untold story:laugh:

nekromantik 12th April 2010 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgt harry (Post 73515)
:laugh:maybe thats why its called untold story:laugh:

ha ha

I still need to watch it.
got a copy on DVDr somehere :ack:

gag 12th April 2010 01:35 PM

I heard so much about untold story and the scene with the kids i didnt find that disturbing at all. i found the scene with his female worker more disturbing i didnt say what because nekromantik hasnt seen the film and i dont want to spoil it

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 12th April 2010 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaxaca (Post 73383)
I've got my eyes on this. OK its wierd but is it any good :p ??

Not bad-wanna trade it?

oaxaca 12th April 2010 05:58 PM

Sure, you want one of mine? Click on me signature link to see what I have :)

re.form 12th April 2010 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KPWNINJA (Post 73479)
I think They Live is one of John Carpenter's best films alongside Escape from New York, Halloween and The Thing :)

I think its great as well, I wouldnt call it 'lesser' compared to the stuff that came later. Great fun.

I recently watched 'Lucker the Necrophiliac' & 'The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada'

antmumford 12th April 2010 07:37 PM

This weekend I watched Tony, Eden Lake, Harry Brown and Not quite Hollywood. Check out my Diary page for the reviews

42ndStreetFreak 12th April 2010 08:48 PM

"Not Quite Hollywood" -
Documentary on Aussie exploitation films.
Pretty damn good, would like to see the hour of footage removed though. Some choice clips of those movies I have seen and those I now want to see!

"Gonza: The Spearmen" -
Japanese Samurai movie that's 2 hours long and contains ONE, 20 second of screen time, fight at the very end!

The rest is a barely interesting story of Gonza scheming to learn the method of the scared tea service (I kid you not) by tricking various women until a mess up with one who is married (but has done nothing at all with) sees him and the woman having to flee.

This is meant to be the tragic love story part of the plot. But it appears very late, is set-up purely on bad luck with no similar feelings from Gonza's side at all towards the woman (whose fault it all was, due to her overheard shouting, that they had to flee any way) so any tragedy (and thus emotion and power) is non-existent.

Crap DVD transfer did not help the tedium flow any smoother.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 12th April 2010 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaxaca (Post 73599)
Sure, you want one of mine? Click on me signature link to see what I have :)

Got all those mate....:(