Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

snapon 17th April 2010 04:56 AM

just watched

watched city of the living dead on VHS.a good FULCI flick.

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 17th April 2010 12:39 PM

Wooo! Good choice with City Of The Living Dead - such a great zombie film!

Lately, I've been going rock/metal crazy with my film viewing. Yesterday I had a double bill of Heavy Metal, which wasn't as good as I was hoping (much prefer Fritz The Cat) and the AMAZING AND AWESOME Stunt Rock!!!!!!! Manly growl!

The night before that I had another double bill consisting of Rock & Rule, which I enjoyed a hell of a lot - especially the Lou Reed and Cheap Trick songs. And finished it of with Poultrygeist: Night Of The Chicken Dead - a film hasn't made me laugh that hard for such a long time. Very controversial and very gory - what the hell's not to like?!

vincenzo 17th April 2010 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvdvds (Post 74831)
Lately, I've been going rock/metal crazy with my film viewing. Yesterday I had a double bill of Heavy Metal, which wasn't as good as I was hoping (much prefer Fritz The Cat) and the AMAZING AND AWESOME Stunt Rock!!!!!!! Manly growl!

Fritz The Cat is great fun. If you get chance check out Heavy Traffic and the hilarious Jungle Burger (Shame Of The Jungle). :D

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 17th April 2010 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vincenzo (Post 74833)
Fritz The Cat is great fun. If you get chance check out Heavy Traffic and the hilarious Jungle Burger (Shame Of The Jungle). :D

Funny you should say that Vince as I was going to get Jungle Burger the other day! But I heard the film wasn't too good. May have to give in though, since it's only about a fiver on Amazon Market with P & P.

Heavy Traffic - now that's one film I've been dying to get for ages! I just keep forgetting! :pound: That and coonskin. I even have the soundtrack of HT! :laugh:

Gojirosan 17th April 2010 01:02 PM

Jungle Burger is hilarious!

Some nice animation too. I want to see that again now! :lol:

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 17th April 2010 01:12 PM

Alright, alright! You've twisted my arm! :laugh: (Didn't take a lot of twisting!). Oh, I'm gonna have so much bloody debt when I leave uni! :laugh: :doh:

pedromonkey 17th April 2010 01:30 PM

American Pop is a good film too, charting the evolution of music in the 20th century and ending with punk, awesome animation too...

re.form 17th April 2010 05:06 PM

Moon. Very good.

vincenzo 17th April 2010 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvdvds (Post 74837)
Heavy Traffic - now that's one film I've been dying to get for ages! I just keep forgetting! :pound: That and coonskin. I even have the soundtrack of HT! :laugh:

I have the HT soundtrack on vinyl. Issued on Saul Zaentz & Creedence Clearwater Revival's old Fantasy label (as was Fritz The Cat), and some great soul/blues numbers it has too. :dance:

Jungle Burger is VERY broad humour indeed but I thoroughly enjoyed it. At times it's impossible not too. First saw it on the cinema supporting Flesh Gordon. :lol:

BioZombie 18th April 2010 02:35 PM

A friend lent me a film called Tony London Serial Killer it's follows a few days in the life of a recculisve man called Tony who brings people to his flat to murder them. Its a slow paced film but it has a good atomosphere and anyone whos ever lived in London will recognise the types of areas he frequents. The DVD covers says its been likened to Henry: POASK and Taxi driver which is proabaly not too far off. Although I would probably put this film in the catagory of very dark comedy as I found a lot of it to be pretty amusing. Definitely worth a look.