LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd February 2018, 11:27 AM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
Mad dog killer

One of two Italian crime flicks I watched and fell asleep to, not through any fault of either film but simple random insomnia from the night before. This one was good enough from what I saw to get me to watch it again.
One of my fave Italian crime films. Surprised you haven't seen it before, K. Had 88 bothered to put any extras on their release i'd have bought another copy to replace the BU disc

I thought you were going through your back catalogue of discs with all these Italian crime reviews. Perhaps not. Are they on Prime or something.
Old 23rd February 2018, 11:51 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
One of my fave Italian crime films. Surprised you haven't seen it before, K. Had 88 bothered to put any extras on their release i'd have bought another copy to replace the BU disc

I thought you were going through your back catalogue of discs with all these Italian crime reviews. Perhaps not. Are they on Prime or something.
Well I have a whole bunch of stuff on disc not watched. Other titles I'm keen to revisit so I like to pick a theme and tailor my viewing to match. I've not really looked at the prime stuff yet. I had a look at violent naples which appears to be in the wrong ratio (but I may be wrong).
My next stuff to watch will be Fernando di Leo as I need to check out milano calibre 9. From a quick look it seems to be an improvement over my old Raro one. After that I may as well watch some of his other titles.

Then I've got a whole bunch of 88's HK titles to work through.
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 23rd February 2018, 12:04 PM
Cult Addict

Also need to watch my twilight zone blu ray's
Old 23rd February 2018, 12:40 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
Well I have a whole bunch of stuff on disc not watched. Other titles I'm keen to revisit so I like to pick a theme and tailor my viewing to match. I've not really looked at the prime stuff yet. I had a look at violent naples which appears to be in the wrong ratio (but I may be wrong).
My next stuff to watch will be Fernando di Leo as I need to check out milano calibre 9. From a quick look it seems to be an improvement over my old Raro one. After that I may as well watch some of his other titles.

Then I've got a whole bunch of 88's HK titles to work through.
I look forward to your di Leo reviews, K.

I've enjoyed reading your thoughts on these films so far.
keirarts likes this.

Last edited by Demdike@Cult Labs; 23rd February 2018 at 12:57 PM.
Old 23rd February 2018, 02:45 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
I look forward to your di Leo reviews, K.

I've enjoyed reading your thoughts on these films so far.
Ditto!
keirarts likes this.
Old 23rd February 2018, 03:06 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I don't think I'd read anything positive about THE GOATMAN MURDERS (a.k.a. DEADLY DETOUR), so watched it yesterday with rock bottom expectations. It is a veritable cornucopia of horrible acting, lousy writing, laughable practical effects (especially the fake ginger pubic hair), and badly recorded sound. By halfway, I was ready to turn it off, so changed my brain instead and pretended it was a comedy, something which made it far more enjoyable. The whole sequence with the school bus full of blind people (and the world's most unconvincing fake foetus) is one of the funniest things I've ever seen in a long time.

STARRY EYES was recommended during the top 10 Tuesday week with the films about filmmaking theme and, coming on the back of the revelations about the extent of sexual abuse by powerful Hollywood producers, directors and other executives, a couple of the scenes have a prescience which would have been absent to most watching it when it was released. It is basically a film about an aspiring actress who is given a very uncomfortable audition sequence, but then it involves a cult, some scenes which wouldn't have been out of place in Nicholas Winding Refn's THE NEON DEMON and are pretty difficult viewing. Although it's not something I enjoyed (it's too tough a watch for that), it is a film I liked very much and will watch again sooner rather than later.
Old 23rd February 2018, 03:08 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I don't think I'd read anything positive about THE GOATMAN MURDERS (a.k.a. DEADLY DETOUR), so watched it yesterday with rock bottom expectations. It is a veritable cornucopia of horrible acting, lousy writing, laughable practical effects (especially the fake ginger pubic hair), and badly recorded sound. By halfway, I was ready to turn it off, so changed my brain instead and pretended it was a comedy, something which made it far more enjoyable. The whole sequence with the school bus full of blind people (and the world's most unconvincing fake foetus) is one of the funniest things I've ever seen in a long time.

STARRY EYES was recommended during the top 10 Tuesday week with the films about filmmaking theme and, coming on the back of the revelations about the extent of sexual abuse by powerful Hollywood producers, directors and other executives, a couple of the scenes have a prescience which would have been absent to most watching it when it was released. It is basically a film about an aspiring actress who is given a very uncomfortable audition sequence, but then it involves a cult, some scenes which wouldn't have been out of place in Nicholas Winding Refn's THE NEON DEMON and are pretty difficult viewing. Although it's not something I enjoyed (it's too tough a watch for that), it is a film I liked very much and will watch again sooner rather than later.
Goatman murders is a masterpiece of garbage, the fat pothead is amazing as well god that fake penis

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk
keirarts and Frankie Teardrop like this.
Old 23rd February 2018, 03:08 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quite a few of us enjoyed The Goatman Murders. It's so OTT, and yet so poor as well.
Old 23rd February 2018, 03:09 PM
Cult Acolyte

Not a horror but Gridiron Gang starring The Rock and I'm watching Game Of Thrones (Season 7)
keirarts and bleakshaun like this.
Old 23rd February 2018, 03:26 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleakshaun View Post
Goatman murders is a masterpiece of garbage, the fat pothead is amazing as well god that fake penis
Quote:
Quite a few of us enjoyed The Goatman Murders. It's so OTT, and yet so poor as well.
If it was done intentionally, it's definitely on the genius scale of filmmaking. However, I don't think it is and it was a bit like watching something crappy on the 'DON'T GO IN THE WOODS… ALONE' level.

I'd seen several comments about that penis, but nothing prepared me for what appeared to be a rather bland in a ginger bird's nest behind a zip fly. Quite why the director decided to feature the close-up so prominently, and for so long, is something I'm not sure I want to know. It's not exactly as if it's a plot point.

Like this? Share it using the links below!