Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree179038Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th March 2018, 05:40 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
But isn't that the point b? What YOU thought about it etc? Go on go on go on go on .....
I'm sure what I say is the same as what a lot of people have said before me. It's a fantastic film and one of Vincent Price's finest roles.

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk
Old 5th March 2018, 05:47 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleakshaun View Post
I'm sure what I say is the same as what a lot of people have said before me. It's a fantastic film and one of Vincent Price's finest roles.

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk
I will agree with you bleaks, Vincent Price was brilliant as always in the film.
Old 5th March 2018, 06:22 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Haunted 1991

The Smurl Family move to a duplex after surviving a hurricane, find out there house is haunted by four ghosts and a demon. After turning to the church and are refused help, they seek help from Ed and Lorraine Warren.

This is a decent T.V Movie, Its not scary, but can be creepy and not over done with the special effects that can be off putting, Jefferey DeMunn and Sally Kirkland give out good performances as the Jack and Janet Smurl, that can make the audience feel their sympathy at being tormented by the haunting and not getting much help or support, as where they go something follows, and trying to protect their children.

The Movie is based on the book written by the Smurl's and The warren's, which the movie is very close, and more creepy and worth a good night time read. 8 out of 10.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg main pic.jpg (10.3 KB, 4 views)
Old 5th March 2018, 07:04 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

a hammer wannabe that fails on nearly every level, acting, atmosphere and story. the film starts in the past when a gypsy wedding is interrupted by a vampire who takes the bride for his mate, jump forward to modern times well 1965 and the vampire(or is he as its never clear if he is that or a warlock) are released when a group of friends go potholing, all but one of the friends ends up dead(ish) and the survivor sets out to investigate, finding love, swinger parties and black magic along the way. sadly its not as good as it sounds and is let down by poor acting and direction and a villain that looks and sounds like he would be more happy sucking cock than biting a big breasted virgins neck! 5/10

now watching(Brion James and Uncle George)

Old 5th March 2018, 07:25 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

NAN is fairly crazed in parts ... look forward to your thoughts nos!
keirarts likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 5th March 2018, 08:54 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
NAN is fairly crazed in parts ... look forward to your thoughts nos!
did you mean nightmare at noon and me? if yes i loved it, bonkers and over the top, Brion James who is some cut price bond villain/albino who poisons the water supply of a small town turning the townsfolk into crazed manics who turn green and bleed green. its up to George Kennedy as the sheriff and a few others to figure out what is going on these are his daughter(who he brings to the slaughter) a married couple that a travelling (Wings Hauser and Kimberly Beck Friday the 13th the final chapter) and a mysterious stranger they give a lift too(Bo Hopkins) as i said bonkers but highly enjoyable and runs along at a fast pace, the story is just a excuse to get us from one action scene to the next 7/10

next viewing which will probably be tomorrow now.

Last edited by trebor8273; 5th March 2018 at 09:09 PM.
Old 5th March 2018, 09:04 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post

a hammer wannabe that fails on nearly every level, acting, atmosphere and story. 5/10

I rather like Devils of Darkness.
keirarts and trebor8273 like this.
Old 5th March 2018, 09:41 PM
Cult Acolyte

superman-extended-cut.jpg
SUPERMAN THE MOVIE (1978) 3 Hour version.

Oh man. Fantastic.
SUPERMAN THE MOVIE was always for me the best superhero movie ever and this cut just makes it even better.
Many, many scenes and extra dialogue that I had never seen or heard before.
Just a dream come true.

Old 5th March 2018, 10:34 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Boy View Post
Attachment 202001
SUPERMAN THE MOVIE (1978) 3 Hour version.

Oh man. Fantastic.
SUPERMAN THE MOVIE was always for me the best superhero movie ever and this cut just makes it even better.
Many, many scenes and extra dialogue that I had never seen or heard before.
Just a dream come true.

And this to me is how superhero films should be made , good acting decent storyline not relying on CGI , or who who in the film , a film when films where simply films , not like today huge treatment big budgets , bigger better bolder crash bang wallop action , but sadly failing on a lot of levels and as for superman 2 well it gets even better.
Remember seing superman at the cinema on a huge screen, bigger than the ones we have now, the good old days of when you went pics to watch something you actually fancied .
Nowadays very little temps me and occasionally I just go for sake of it because it's now affordable at 4.99 at cue cinema . and a vast majority of films do need to be seen on big screen , others not so .
Old 6th March 2018, 03:33 AM
Cult Addict

Queens of evil

queens-of-evil-poster.jpg

Pretty obscure fantasy/horror that i was vaguely aware of from it being featured in the 'Art of the Nasty' book, i thought it sounded interesting so when i noticed it on Youtube i decided to give it the once over.
(Although the print is only VHS quality)

The film begins with a hippified Ray Lovelock driving about to a Dylan style song (which Lovelock sang) till he comes across a broken down old guy in a posh car.
Helping the guy fix it they start having a conversation about the hippy lifestyle which disgusts the man, the pair have a falling out and this ultimately ends with the old guy crashing into a tree and dying.

Feeling a bit on edge Lovelock decides to go off road when he spots some cops and heads into some woods, finding a shed to sleep in he crashes out.
On awakening he finds himself being welcomed by three young women who live a secluded lifestyle in a solitary house deep in the woods.

queens-51.jpg

The rest of the film follows him being slowly seduced by the women in turn, and being bewildered and bewitched by their strange lifestyle, supernatural abilities and pop art house (giant portraits of the women on the walls and trees in the living room).

The film has a fairytale/myth style atmosphere, with moments recalling tales of Hansel and Gretel/ Goddesses and even Biblical elements all played out in that early 70's Euro cult way with some dodgy editing and music.

I really enjoyed the surreal feel and although the final denouement seemed a bit underwhelming it's a film i think should at least have a U.K DVD release because it has a lot of interesting stuff going on.

Although it has to be said that apart from one scene there's not much in the way of blood and the lovemaking scenes don't really show the goods, which is a shame because if the film had been a bit juicier i'm sure it would have a bigger following.

Even from the bad copy i watched you can tell it would look beautiful in a decent print.(which somebody must own,just take a look at this trailer.)

As it was i really enjoyed it, it's really a mood piece but luckily i was in the right kind of mood at the time.

8/10

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.

Last edited by nosferatu42; 6th March 2018 at 06:33 AM.

Like this? Share it using the links below!