All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179516Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th March 2018, 08:29 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
" ... you'll get the chance to kill 50, maybe 60 people ....?"
Love the feel-a-rama sequence. "And now please be seated for our next major picture..... Deep Throat"

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 20th March 2018, 08:50 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

His smile
bleakshaun likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 20th March 2018, 09:50 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

House 3:The horror Show 1989

After capturing serial killer Max Jenke, Detective Lucas McCarthy wants to see his exacution via electric chair, Jenke tells McCarthy he will return for him and his family.

The version to this i watched was the European uncut, to be honest there isnt much added to it than the theatrical release as i remember except a bit more blood and gore at Jenke's death at the electrical chair.

Brion James gives a good performance as the killer Jenke, his eyes and voice he puts on makes him more menacing than his character in Blade Runner. Lance Henriksen plays Lukas McCarthy who he thinks is loosing his mind rather believe he is in a cat and mouse game with the spirit of Jenke.

This was released at the same time as Wes Craven's Shocker and the two films have been compared to each other as spin off's but this is a bit more darker. There are some flaws in it but if you can by pass them and ghosts passing through electrcity, your in for a treat. 6 out of 10.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MAIN.jpg (42.7 KB, 7 views)
Old 20th March 2018, 09:52 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
House 3:The horror Show 1989
All the House films are a horror show if you ask me.
Old 20th March 2018, 09:54 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Aww they aint all bad, mind you still got the 4th to watch never seen that one before
Old 21st March 2018, 06:00 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
But presumably not in the 'A Clockwork Orange' sense!

"horrorshow: good, well, wonderful, excellent" (from the Russian word 'хорошо' meaning "well, good"!

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Appen...kwork_Orange#H

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 21st March 2018, 07:41 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

House 4 1992

Author Roger Cobb, his wife and daughter are involved in a car accident which kills Roger, his wife and daughter move into his family home and begin to suspect something is wrong.

This is a direct sequal to the first House movie, maybe they should have stopped at number 3.

There is no mentioning of Roger's son from the first movie its like the makers by passed that one, the house itself is like a old house you would explore when its abandoned as it seems to be in the middle of nowhere. The bad guy has a voice like he has been kicked in the knackers a few times to get a squeaky voice.

The effects are ok not perfect, the plot to it is ok but seemed like the writers were missing some element of creative skills, only thing that comical was a guy singing while delivering a pizza . This is one to have on for background noise or to try and help pass time. 4 out of 10.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 514QSAB2BPL._SY445_.jpg (38.0 KB, 5 views)
Old 21st March 2018, 08:05 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Vintage Stallone on top form as cop John Spartan who after capturing crminal psyco/ looney Simon Phoenix(Wesley Snipes) is sentenced and frozen when it's believed he let dozens of people die on purpose in his pursuit of Phoenix. 40 odd years later Phoenix escapes and as the police force of today with living in a peaceful society have nomchoice but to unfreeze Sparan. All very tounge in cheek with a great OTT performance from Snipes. Lots of shit most definitely blows up. 9/10

Author Roger Cobb decide to goto his aunt's home to help write his new novel and forget his marrrage problems , why anyone would goto a house in which someone had hung themselves and your only child had disappeared, is beyond me. The film can't make up it's mind if it wants to be serious or funny and never really succeds at either. The house must be someplace in Boston as Cobb's neighbor is Norm from cheers. 5.5/10

Next up dark breed (1996)
Old 22nd March 2018, 06:35 AM
Cult Addict

The Executioners

Four women head out into the country for a weekend getaway. Naturally there's a brutal home invasion and naturally the women must work together to turn the tables on their tormentors. For the most part its fairly predictable. However the girls revenge is genuinely brutal and there is an interesting twist in the tale. It runs out of steam before the ending but overall it's ok. Nothing amazing or game changing for the horror genre but perfectly serviceable.

Hell's Kitty

A struggling writers life has become somewhat more complicated when he realises his cat is demonically possessed. He tries to solve the problem with the help of his creepy neighbour.
It's really difficult to sum up the plot for this film. It started as a web series apparently and the pacing and plot structure make me believe this. Its incredibly episodic. Zombies turn up. Women get killed by the cat. At one point one of the killer klowns from outer space turn up. It's got various horror stars making cameo's including Lynne Lowry and Michael Berryman. It's something of a chore at points but the overall weirdness of the whole project kept me watching. It's impossible to predict where its going, mainly because it feels like its all being made up on the go.

Children of the corn: Runaway

A woman who was previously one of the children of the corn but escaped Gatlin after falling pregnant is on the run with her son. She settles in a small rural community but quickly weird stuff starts to happen.
Directed by John Gulager who made the Feast films I can't help feeling this film should be better than it is. Its not a terrible film per se. Its certainly better shot and edited than some of the naffer sequels and the acting is mainly decent. It just feels so empty. It lacks any real sense of tension, suspense or energy that might have made it entertaining. I'm going to give it another go at some point in case i'm missing something important but honestly I felt somewhat underwhelmed by this one.
Old 22nd March 2018, 05:52 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Lethal Hunter. OMG Entertainment.

Oh dear God above! I paid money to own this. I have a LOT of crap 1970's films, some real head shakers, but this.....
It should come with a sticker on the cover, "Buy At Your Own Risk."
Save your money, buy anything, ANYTHING, else.

Like this? Share it using the links below!