Like Tree179625Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd April 2018, 06:19 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleakshaun View Post
watched last night:
Slaughter High
Great slasher/revenge flick, set in USA, but it's such a shame that they can't keep their british accents hidden, boobs and dongs are always a positive for me and some really creative kills. I love marty as a killer. the ending is a little dumb but it was 3 directors so ?
Only reason I watched this was because I watched Red Letter Medias best of the worst episode.
Still a fun slasher. Just a shame still about that ending and those accents are awful
7/10

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk
keirarts likes this.
Old 2nd April 2018, 06:40 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I first saw Kung Pow: Enter the Fist as a young teenager, but it has become so much funnier as an adult. It's still as stupid as hell, but I really needed this, as I've had a pretty bad day.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 220px-Kungpow.jpg (32.5 KB, 7 views)
Old 2nd April 2018, 06:49 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
Problem with that is...I really like 'Borat', but got rid of my copy of 'Bruno' at the first opportunity, so your review tells me nothing!
I think they are both absolutely hilarious!!!
Old 2nd April 2018, 06:57 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Only reason I watched this was because I watched Red Letter Medias best of the worst episode.
Still a fun slasher. Just a shame still about that ending and those accents are awful
7/10

I have no reason or explanation why, but Slaughter High is one of my favourite slasher films ever. I know all it's faults, I know it's a bad movie, yet I ****ing adore it!
Old 2nd April 2018, 09:03 PM
Cult Addict

Riki Oh - The Story of Ricky
A guy named ricky is put in prison. Where he discovers corruption and violence. So he beats the baddies to death in the best way possible.
I can't help but laugh at how ridiculous this film is. BUT IT IS ****ING GLORIOUS.
9/10

Old 2nd April 2018, 09:48 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Riki Oh - The Story of Ricky
A guy named ricky is put in prison. Where he discovers corruption and violence. So he beats the baddies to death in the best way possible.
I can't help but laugh at how ridiculous this film is. BUT IT IS ****ING GLORIOUS.
9/10

Tbh I've had this for sometime now and I can't remember if I've actually watched it , seen bits here and there, you've now gave me the incentive to watch it now .
Demoncrat, keirarts and bleakshaun like this.
Old 2nd April 2018, 11:16 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Robocop 3 1993

Ruthless company O.C.P still want their dream plan of Delta City to go ahead and decide to put it into action and evict the resident of Cadallic Heights, a band of mercenaries controlled by O.C.P is put into force and are forced to fight againt the residents and a small army. Robocop must stand his loyalties of the company, but when he and his partner are attacked he fights back.

Unfortunately Peter Weller was working on another film and couldnt be in this sequel, Robert Burke (DustDevil and Thinner) stepped in, Felton Perry, Robert D'Qui and Nancy Allen are the only ones who been in this franchise from the first movie.

Rip Torn steps in as the CEO OF O.C.P who at times acts like he is shouting like a fog horn, while Mako makes a small appearance as the japanese business man helping construct Delta City.

The violence was well toned down from the previous two movies, yeah there is shooting but not as bad as what it was before, think this was when they T.V spin offs started to appear for younger viewers with about three other actors appearing as Robocop.

Fred Dekker took on the role as co writer and director, he did show some comedy element with a bit in it, guy tries to hold up a donught shop and for Robo to have a flight pack and a arm attached gun with three different weapons. 5 out of 10
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 220px-RoboCop3.jpg (27.5 KB, 5 views)
Old 3rd April 2018, 12:48 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

ISLE OF DOGS

Wes Anderson has made a career of films which are very difficult to pigeonhole and probably fit into the 'Marmite' category. This ticks many of the boxes which you would make for one of his films: funny, quirky, offbeat, 'family' as a theme, an exaggerated/unusual reality, features (in voice form) a star-studded cast, and incredibly detailed. It's something I don't want to describe too much because to do so would be to spoil it for those who haven't seen it, but the trailer gives you a certain idea of what to expect, with the events taking place 20 years in the future and in Japan where a canine disease has left all dogs with a horrible illness and with an ambitious politician, Mayor Kobayashi, banishing them to (the appropriately named) Trash Island.

I've yet to see a Wes Anderson film I don't like, though The Darjeeling Limited took a couple of viewings before I grew to love it, and this story by Anderson, Roman Coppola, Jason Schwartzman and Kunichi Nomura, with Anderson writing the screenplay, is animated in the same way as Fantastic Mr. Fox, and is clearly influenced by Japanese cinema, particularly Kurosawa, in some of the framing and use of captions and subtitles. It's not a film which is consistently laugh out loud funny – I probably did so three times – but one which you're more likely to smile at the jokes (both sight gags and verbal jokes, plus those with names) because you 'get' them, so it is entertaining but not hilarious. I hope that makes sense. If not, I'll put it this way: it's a film I liked a great deal, the children in the cinema were never restless and required throughout. I anticipate buying this and watching it quite frequently at home, though whether I'll see it again the cinema depends on work commitments and showtimes.

Old 4th April 2018, 06:41 AM
Cult Addict

Isle of dogs

To echo NOS, I thought this was great. Like most Wes Anderson films its fairly clear he made this to amuse himself but I've often said that self-indulgence isn't necessarily a great criticism, especially when dealing with Indie directors like Anderson. The animation is excellent, bringing to life the various characters. Especially good is the way they have created the human characters who mostly speak unsubtitled Japanese. It's to the credit of everyone involved that in spite of the language barrier you get the gist of what they are saying. The soundtrack, which uses Japanese drum playing is guaranteed to stick in your head when you leave the theatre.
Old 4th April 2018, 04:50 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
Attachment 202700

Two hot wet semi naked females show up at an ungodly hour to the house of a poor lonely and vulnerable happily married architect who just happened to be alone for the weekend while his wife and two kids head to the beach for a few day and its fathers day dun dun duuuuuunnnnnnnnnnn oh and did I mention that they were dripping wet oh wait I did didn't I oh well it was worth mentioning again Are they popping around for a cup of sugar or a drop of milk or maybe they have a nice fathers day present they want to drop off.

I was very disappoint with this I really like the idea of knock knock but the execution is less than convincing. These two girls seemed more annoying rather than threatening so I found it very hard to feel any concern for Evan I was hoping for some real torture weather it was physical or mental but it just felt like he was looking after someone's kids and they were just rebelling . I will hand it to Keanu Reeves he pulled off the while awkward dad at times but overall it was a pretty forgettable film. A home invasion type film is supposed to make the viewer feel uncomfortable because your house is your safe zone and you constantly are left asking what would I do if this happened to me. I got none of that here well apart from the shower scene

One line that made me laugh so much was when he said but if your 15 how can you both be air hostesses

5/10

I laughed and laughed throughout this silly remake of The Seducers.
keirarts likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]

Like this? Share it using the links below!