Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179482Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th April 2018, 05:04 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
I've got this edition of the next 3 Death wish R rated so I presume they are all cut ?
3 and 4 should be OK. But 2 will be cut being the R rated version. The unrated version is the only way to go with that one.
keirarts likes this.

In-depth analysis on horror, exploitation, and other shocking cinema @ Cinematic Shocks
Old 11th April 2018, 05:54 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

A Quiet Place (2018)

Wow

Most tense film I perhaps have ever seen in a cinema. 10/10
Old 11th April 2018, 08:02 PM
Cult Addict

terrifier

Art the clown from the surprisingly good all Hallows eve returns. This time it's a feature length slasher flick with an after hours meets maniac vibe. Two hot party chicks catch Arts eye and soon find themselves stranded in the grotty part of town being stalked by the psychotic clown.
Terrifier is no nonsense and incredibly nasty, including a scene of Art using a rusty saw to carve a girl in two that wouldn't be out of place in Cannibal ferox. Like all Hallows eve it's low budget but benefits from a director who knows how to make the most of what he's been given. Worth checking out.
Old 11th April 2018, 08:20 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

f
Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
terrifier

Art the clown from the surprisingly good all Hallows eve returns. This time it's a feature length slasher flick with an after hours meets maniac vibe. Two hot party chicks catch Arts eye and soon find themselves stranded in the grotty part of town being stalked by the psychotic clown.
Terrifier is no nonsense and incredibly nasty, including a scene of Art using a rusty saw to carve a girl in two that wouldn't be out of place in Cannibal ferox. Like all Hallows eve it's low budget but benefits from a director who knows how to make the most of what he's been given. Worth checking out.
Noted k!!

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 11th April 2018, 08:38 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Manchester By The Sea

No it bloody isn't thought I. Like a pretty Mike Leigh film. Prescient as well (so I hear ).

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 11th April 2018, 08:44 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
Attachment 203214

Popped up on Netflix a couple of days ago just about to press play wish me luck ill be back in 90 minutes or 30 if its bad
Sorry guys but I couldn't make it through last night I feel asleep it was so so so bad I felt angry last night felt like my life was slipping through my fingers . The acting is terrible some of the voices seem like they are dubbed over they are just extra loud and out of place. The gore effects look really good practical effects always win obviously. When it comes to the zombies there is always a debate about their movement some like the slow moving zombies of old and others like the more modern running fast paced zombies or maybe that's more of an infected thing but here we have a real stupid looking jerky motion that looks like its on fast forward. I don't think I can go back and finish the last half an hour.
Old 11th April 2018, 09:07 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Personally I thought you would have been back on 10 minutes after proceeding Kudos for stamina
keirarts and Nordicdusk like this.

[B]
Old 11th April 2018, 09:12 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Personally I thought you would have been back on 10 minutes after proceeding Kudos for stamina
It was a hard slog for that hour but I thought I would see it out didn't want to be unfair to it but I was just unfair on myself making myself watch it for as long as I did
Old 11th April 2018, 10:13 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
Sorry guys but I couldn't make it through last night I feel asleep it was so so so bad I felt angry last night felt like my life was slipping through my fingers . The acting is terrible some of the voices seem like they are dubbed over they are just extra loud and out of place. The gore effects look really good practical effects always win obviously. When it comes to the zombies there is always a debate about their movement some like the slow moving zombies of old and others like the more modern running fast paced zombies or maybe that's more of an infected thing but here we have a real stupid looking jerky motion that looks like its on fast forward. I don't think I can go back and finish the last half an hour.
I got all the way through it somehow. It's a dreadful abomination. The people who made it must be thicker than Terry F***wit from the viz.

Ahem...

a quiet place.

If I say this is the film shamalamadiingdongs signs should have been I'm probably doing the film a disservice by linking it to that mess. It's got some superficial similarities though. Rural family living in cornfields terrorised by seemingly Alien creatures. Eventually they must find a weakness or die...
But a quiet place pulls it off. Genuinely tense throughout with a moody menacing score and some great performances. Well paced with no fluff. Only downer is that it has a moody teenager in it.
Old 11th April 2018, 10:23 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post

signs
One of the great comedies.
Demoncrat, keirarts and trebor8273 like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!